Shiny, happy distraction thread

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Some of you who pay attention to um, less weighty current events may have read that Kim Kardashian recently became engaged, and that the family feted the happy couple with "an intimate family celebration including two glitter-covered miniature horses."

This revelation made me feel like Nick Gatsby or something. My celebrations, intimate and otherwise, have been sadly devoid of glitter covered miniature horses. It's like I've been living a little demi life in the horselette-free shadows. Anyone else?

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is why the French had a Revolution, and the best part is, I don't think anyone in the Kardashian family knows that. There's a point at which cluelessness reaches its own critical mass, and it doesn't even matter if there are any starving peasants about or not. When your intimate family gatherings include live My Little Ponies, the tumbrels are going to be stacked 3 deep outside your manse before you know it -- just because the dumb burns so bad...must...make...stop...

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Sadly, the glitter-adorned horsies were ripped apart and eaten by Kardashian's sister Khloe, who wandered around the estate coughing up mane-hair from her blood-smeared maw, while keeping police at bay with a horse leg that she alternately gnawed and brandished as a weapon.

After several unsuccessful tasings, she was finally brought down with a battery of nearly a dozen tranquilizer darts. Family members say she is now napping in the kiddie pool.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
This is why the French had a Revolution, and the best part is, I don't think anyone in the Kardashian family knows that. There's a point at which cluelessness reaches its own critical mass, and it doesn't even matter if there are any starving peasants about or not. When your intimate family gatherings include live My Little Ponies, the tumbrels are going to be stacked 3 deep outside your manse before you know it -- just because the dumb burns so bad...must...make...stop...
I wasn't aware that before the french revolution, the peasants were going into hock to buy the same boobs, clothes, cars, and experiences as Marie Antoinette and her court. :D

Deleted member 42

What? No PETA response? No animal cruelty charges? I've tried to remove glitter from cats before; I can't imagine the little horsies were comfortable.

Mini horsies are mini because they're tiny condensed balls of stupidity and bad temper.

You want them de-glitterfied, you're on you're own.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Mini horsies are mini because they're tiny condensed balls of stupidity and bad temper.

That confirms my (scant) experience. The only mini horse I know is like a quadriped ex-con. The disconnect between the adorable and the crazymeanbitey is disorienting. So I have reluctantly said neigh to the inclusion of lilliputian horsies in my (one day) hobby farm.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
This revelation made me feel like Nick Gatsby or something.

This characteristic, exactly, is why I effing hate F. Scott Fitzgerald's wealth-worshipping snob-adoring fiction, including especially The Great Gatsby. I don't give a rat's how technically proficient F. Scott was at his prose. I'll enjoy a good home-grilled hamburger long before I crave any Volga caviar on toast points. For reading, gimme Steinbeck any day.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me, I don't give a rats what's on the plate. For reading, gimme a good story.

Speaking of which, any chance the Kardashians are related to the Yossarians? That'd make a Heller-va family reunion...

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it's been a long time since I read Great Gatsby- but i don't remember it glorifying wealth. I remember the characters were all sad. maybe I remember it differently?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading the Great Gatsby in high school. The main theme of the story was the shallowness of wealth.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think glitter horselettes certainly qualifies as shallow. But if you need to check for glitter horselettes when these people are reality tv stars to tell if they're shallow, more power to you.

And isn't Kim a little too old for My Little Ponies?

adnan

Registered
Reaction score
Miniature horses were probably bred by Czarist Russians who wanted to destroy bonsai gardens of Japanese. They have nothing to do with French revolutionaries.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm....horselette burgers... sparkly...

homer+drool+2.gif