What Percentage of Fulls Have You Had to Nudge?

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
For partials, agents have mostly responded without me having to nudge them. For fulls, 80% of the time I've had to nudge.

Of course, nudging takes time, because you first have to wait about three months before nudging (for a full) and then wait even longer until the agent gets to your ms. Am I incredibly unlucky in how often I've had to nudge agents with fulls, or is this par for the course?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
For partials, agents have mostly responded without me having to nudge them. For fulls, 80% of the time I've had to nudge.

Of course, nudging takes time, because you first have to wait about three months before nudging (for a full) and then wait even longer until the agent gets to your ms. Am I incredibly unlucky in how often I've had to nudge agents with fulls, or is this par for the course?

I've had to nudge only 3 agents on fulls (after 4 months, not 3), two of which still haven't responded after 17 months and 9 months respectively (and 2 nudges each). My nudge rate is 15-20%.

The rule of thumb I see around here is nudge on a partial at 3 months and a full at 4 months (earlier or later if their submission guidelines indicate a different time frame for response).

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
this is only my experience- i've had two agents. neither of the ones that i signed with required a nudge. i was contacted back rather quickly by both...but like i said- only my experience.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I've always heard don't nudge before 6 months on a full.

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
I've always heard don't nudge before 6 months on a full.

There's been many threads on this. Nathan Bransford had recommended three months, and it seems like a lot of writers here at absolute write follow that practice. To wait six months, only to find out the agent never received your ms or it has been lost, would be a real drag.

Anyway, my posted question is about what percentage of the time have you had to nudge on fulls. (I realize how long you wait to nudge would greatly impact this stat.)

Bushrat

reaching for the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Zero percent. Had two fulls out, got one rejection after five weeks or so and one acceptance after one week.