Editor call imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
don't know if this is the right place for this but...

editor and agent are going to call in about 45 minutes to discuss revisions on a novel of mine. agent said it is possible that if the convo goes well editor will make an offer (though probably more likely that editor will want to see a revision before making an offer.) I am sitting at my desk, in my underwear, with several lists in front of me (my favorite books, a list of questions for the editor, and a list of possible next projects, etc.) I am also freaking out a bit.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Put some pants on, fer god's sake. And best of luck! I hope you come back with news of an offer.

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
lol perks. I feel more free this way! and thank you. I do too!

Thanks Karen!

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now you've inspired me. I'm gonna take all my calls in my skivvies from now on.

xP. Try it once and you'll never go back. I guarantee it.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
Don't really know what to do in that situation other than take off my pants as well.

Good luck!

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
lol, wayne + aidan, thanks for making me laugh. Still really nervous though. I've begun pacing now. Dog is looking at me like wtf. I'm playing it's the end of the world as we know it in the background.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
we're suppose to wear pants when meeting agents and publishers? Dangit, who didn't tell me? I suppose this goes for face-to-face meetings too, sigh....

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
Cochick - in winter I wear socks. Thanks! lol.

tina - maybe pajamas would be a nice compromise b/w underwear and full on regular boring old pants?

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
tina - maybe pajamas would be a nice compromise b/w underwear and full on regular boring old pants

So that means its a "yes" to meeting for coffee with an agent wearing a thread-bare tee shirt and fuzzy slippers right?

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Don't really know what to do in that situation other than take off my pants as well.

Good luck!
Let's all take our pants off in solidarity with Mr. Anonymous.

Mr. A, none of us will be fit to go out in public until you report back with news.

We'll wait here.

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
tina - only if they're fluffy pink slippers.

perks - awww. That's so sweet of you. lol.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll do great. I'd take my pants off in solidarity, but I'm at the office and they frown on that sort of thing. Puh, tight wads.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
No, amrose, you do it, too and we'll also wait for the tale of your scuffle with security.

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
amrose - lol, i don't know. The last few times I had an interview type thing I failed miserably. And that's why it's so nice to be self-employed (aka unemployed! lol.) The guy in charge is a real laid back guy.

and thanks jamie! lol.

I'm sure this crazy high will dissipate very quickly once they start talking about all the problems that need resolving. lol.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
amrose - lol, i don't know. The last few times I had an interview type thing I failed miserably. And that's why it's so nice to be self-employed (aka unemployed! lol.) The guy in charge is a real laid back guy.

I'm not terribly great at interviews either, but think about it this way, even if you flub, it's another round of practice in and next time (because there will be a next time as long as you keep writing, improving and submitting) you'll be that much better. For now, let's go with you're going to be awesome.

Really this is hilarious because I'd be freaking out too but I want you to do well, so pep talk. Be the ball, Anonymous. Be the ball.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
@Mr. A -- I don't doooooo pink. Look at that avatar, does that invoke pink fuzzy slippers to you?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.