Have a Good Day Writing Recently?

nathanrudy

Kendy's Father, Maureen's Husband
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nathanrudy.com
Yesterday I did 5,000 words in a day, and this morning went back to read and it wasn't bad.

Feels good. Hope I can do 1,000 today. :)

Anyone else have a good day recently? Tell me about it to keep my momentum going!

MJNL

A Little Lost
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lostetter.wordpress.com
Yeah, I did 5,000 last Friday, which was awesome. I shoot for 2,000 a day, so anything above and beyond feels great. Got 1,200 in this morning, 800 to go. :)

Keep up the good work!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs! I write only a thousand words a day, but I aim to write them every day, and when I accomplish that, it's a good week/month/year, etc.

:D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I did 890 something yesterday. I like them all

That's a good day for me

Dandroid

Registered
Reaction score
i had a few good days...but all i was writing were wedding thank yous...

nathanrudy

Kendy's Father, Maureen's Husband
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nathanrudy.com
@Dandroid -- Those are harder than any story, novel or essay! Congrats on the wedding.

Dandroid

Registered
Reaction score
^ thanks! each table had an author's or artist's name rather than a number to identify it....

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at the end of the first draft, and finding the ending is going REALLY SLOW! I was getting 1500+ done in a day. Now I'm lucky if I can get that much done in two weeks! But I'm on summer vacation now, and I've written at least a little every day--even with my son talking to me the whole time. So that's good.

Jstwatchin

Where's my head?
Registered
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one finding that writing the ending to be slower than anything else. Though I have been writing many thousands of words of evaluations lately. Tends to put my muse to sleep.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for progress! (^_^)

I'm finally writing with some modicum of regularity again. So, any number of words on consecutive days is good. :)

Anacry

Registered
Reaction score
I *started*.
It was only about 400 words in total, but that's a lot when you start off by staring at a frighteningly cold blank page.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I *started*.
It was only about 400 words in total, but that's a lot when you start off by staring at a frighteningly cold blank page.

I understand that feeling, too, lol, for I just started the day before. :)

I got about 500-600 words yesterday, but it's a scene later on. (I'm going a bit out of order but working my way back to the beginning.)

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to Nathanrudy and MJNL for five-thousand words in one day! The only time I managed that was when I was staying up till three to finish my second draft. ;)

I edited 6700 words on Monday, but yesterday and today have been slow because I'm helping my mom move her stuff from an outdoor storage unit to an indoor storage unit (in 90+ degree heat... ick. Not fun. :()

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Got two good days of writing in so far: 1000+ per day. And haven't finished the writing session for today yet. (Taking a break is good, however.)

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Once I had a 10,000 word day! I was along, no kid to worry about or husband to nag me. I just sat in my office, headphones on and was totally in the zone.
When I came up for air, I couldn't believe what I had accomplished. The next day, I was even more astonished when I re-read what I wrote and it was good.
For myself it seems to be starting that once I'm in for a an hour or so I can zone in and that keep my momentum going.