If someone flew in to an international airport, is there a way to 'find' them???

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My aunt's plane landed over two hours ago. Customs and baggage claim take time, but this is absurd. Can I contact the airport or immigration to see if she's okay? Her english is more than good enough for her to have asked someone to use their phone. I'm starting to worry...

Hopefully I'll post in a few minutes to say she's fine, but two hours? Hell's bells.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Privacy laws will likely prevent them from telling you much. You might be able to get them to pass your information (with cell phone or courtesy phone number) to her.

I was stuck in customs entering Canada for four hours once. Not a fun day.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, makes sense. I was thinking 'overhead page' kinda thing anyways. So who would I call at Newark International?

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Call the airline she flew in on. If you don't have that, just pick up a courtesy phone. They might make a generic "arriving international passenger...." page.

ETA: Good luck!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, as I was dialing, my mom called to say my aunt had arrived. And ofc, immigration was to blame. Dire.

We can either lock thread or discuss the horrors of air travel. The later might result in a locked thread ;)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I still don't know why the Canadians were so suspicious of me. I sat in a little side room for four hours and they they threw me out into the arrivals hall.

Glad you found your traveler :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still don't know why the Canadians were so suspicious of me. I sat in a little side room for four hours and they they threw me out into the arrivals hall.

Glad you found your traveler :)

Hmmm, perhaps we'll start keeping an eye on you too.

Fenika, glad your aunt arrived safely.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
This is why I'm glad I'm in the military. Bounce through customs. Sometimes I don't even fly to the airport, just fly directly to the base. So nice.

:p

I'm glad she's ok. Airports just seem to be getting out of control these days with all the security and everything. Always some new story coming out every week it seems like!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, standing around in front of immigration is no fun. She got to chat with some other travelers, but two hours? Sheesh.