PDA

View Full Version : Transformers-Dark Side of The Moon-trailer

Arcturus
06-07-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_dark_of_the_moon/trailers/11145553

MttStrn
06-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Since the actual title is Dark of the Moon, I was hoping that this would be some sort of Transformers/Pink Floyd Mashup...now that I think about, someone needs to get on that, Stat.

defcon6000
06-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Since the actual title is Dark of the Moon, I was hoping that this would be some sort of Transformers/Pink Floyd Mashup...now that I think about, someone needs to get on that, Stat.
Second this. :Thumbs:

I'm not real big on the Transformer's franchise (still haven't seen the second movie), so probably will skip this one.

DeleyanLee
06-07-2011, 02:57 AM
I thought the trailer looked interesting when I saw it in the previews before Thor--and I did pay to see #2 in the theaters (drive-in, but still), but I'm undecided as to this one in the theaters as well. Though the guy who does Optimus Prime's voice does really good things to me, especially in surround sound....

Still not sure it's worth it though.

Alessandra Kelley
06-07-2011, 04:29 AM
I had jury duty in downtown Chicago almost the whole time they were filming. They had some awesome setups, I have to say, which almost made up for the heart of downtown being clogged up with trailers for a month.

Transformers aren't my movie interest either, but the word is this one is better than the previous movie.

regdog
06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Transformers fan here. I'm hoping this is going to be good. Previews look good.

The second movie was just painful.

Ambri
06-10-2011, 12:10 AM

That would be awesome. A friend was dying to see the second Transformers movie, so we saw it, and I fell asleep. Guess explosions every 1.5 seconds aren't enough to hold my attention. ;)

Diana Hignutt
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Transformers aren't my movie interest either, but the word is this one is better than the previous movie.

Dogshit is better than the previous movie...

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Best (AKA funniest) part of 2 was how Megan Fox's pristine white jeans remained pristine and white after running through miles of desert, explosions, crawling through rubble and dirt... while poor Shia LeBoeuf looked like something the cat dragged in. :roll:

regdog
06-10-2011, 09:18 PM
How was it that Shia LeBoeuf was able to run for miles in the desert, in a black leather jacket and sweatshirt and not drop from heat exhaustion?

cray
06-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Best (AKA funniest) part of 2 was how Megan Fox's pristine white jeans remained pristine and white after running through miles of desert, explosions, crawling through rubble and dirt... while poor Shia LeBoeuf looked like something the cat dragged in. :roll:

mod note: we will not tolerate any anti-meganfox posts.

:D

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 09:36 PM
*contemplates renting Jennifer's Body just to say something less-than-complimentary about Ms. Fox*

*runs*

regdog
06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
mod note: we will not tolerate any anti-meganfox posts.

:D

Ms Alba shall be immediately informed of your transfer of affection

cray
06-10-2011, 10:33 PM
ack!

don't do that, reg!!!!!

MttStrn
06-10-2011, 10:41 PM
How was it that Shia LeBoeuf was able to run for miles in the desert, in a black leather jacket and sweatshirt and not drop from heat exhaustion?

The bigger question in my mind is how Shia can first land Megan Fox who, despite not being able to act her way out of a paper bag, is pretty hot and then this new supermodel in the new movie who is also gorgeous despite having lips that could double as dirigibles.

Props though for naming the new girl Carly, who was a character in the animated series.

Arcturus
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
*contemplates renting Jennifer's Body just to say something less-than-complimentary about Ms. Fox*

*runs*

Jennifer's Body http://www.fotolode.com/images/paladin/thfear2.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I"m almost tempted to see the third movie because I really, really like Shia LeBoeuf. Back when he was a teenager, I had him in mind whenever I pictured one of my MCs.

Zoombie
06-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I saw the trailer for this with my friend and commented that, "You know, one thing that could make those movies better would be-"

He cut me off and said, "By having a completely different director, writer, actors, and art direction?"

I paused, nodded, and said, "That AND KEEPING THE CAMERA FUCKING STEADY!"

That's one thing about the trailer that shows promise: I can see what the hell is going on.

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 10:50 PM
*posts personal movie mantra in this thread*

Die, shakycam, DIE!!!

Zoombie
06-10-2011, 11:04 PM
It's okay in moderation, like all things.

Heck, Children of Men has "Shaky cam", but it uses it in the RIGHT way, by suiting it to the characters point of view and letting you feel immediacy and immersion. Same with District 9, which also did it well.

The shakiness never got in the way of the storytelling. Instead, it enhanced it.

This does not work for all films, obviously. District 9 and The Children of Men were fairly gritty.

Transformers is not gritty.

Transformers is, at it's heart, a freaking space opera. Robot planets, ancient civilizations, galaxy spanning wars, and secret orders of sentient robots living among us?

By all rights, this stuff should be treated with some measure of pageantry and feel good action, not endless military fetishism and purile jokes and fucking racism.

Grumbles.

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Zoombie, I'm not against shakycam because of its ability or inability to enhance POV. I'm against it because it makes me throw up. :( I liked Cloverfield, tried to keep looking up and down a lot, got engrossed in the story, and ended up sick to my stomach for 3 hours afterwards. :(

/derail

Zoombie
06-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Lightweight!

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Come on a boat ride with me. Wear clothes you don't care about. :( It's no fun.

/whinge
/derail

So, is there a plot to the third movie? I mean, besides Shia has to Save The Universe again?

Zoombie
06-10-2011, 11:16 PM
From what I can tell, some evil Decepticons landed on the moon and we found them in the 60s moon landing, giving us a tech boost (cause it's not like humans can figure out how to innovate by ourselves!) and now the Decipticons are coming to invade us again.

Okay, it's not a BAD outline. In fact, neither the first nor second movie had a 'bad' outline. The failure is in execution and a poorly disguised contempt for the source material.

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Eh. I may rent it. I won't spend $9 to see it in theaters, though.

Zoombie
06-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I'll see X-Men First Class again!

Calla Lily
06-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll see Thor again.

soccerloves101
06-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Man Transformers looks really sweet, but Im not sure how I feel about Megan Fox not being in it. Regardless, it will be a really good movie.

regdog
06-11-2011, 02:58 PM
From what I can tell, some evil Decepticons landed on the moon and we found them in the 60s moon landing, giving us a tech boost (cause it's not like humans can figure out how to innovate by ourselves!) and now the Decipticons are coming to invade us again.

Okay, it's not a BAD outline. In fact, neither the first nor second movie had a 'bad' outline. The failure is in execution and a poorly disguised contempt for the source material.

Wait, using a Decepticon to give us a tech boost was part of the plot of the original Transformers. The govt had Megatron in cryostasis for decades. And they had the All Spark

Zoombie
06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Wait, using a Decepticon to give us a tech boost was part of the plot of the original Transformers. The govt had Megatron in cryostasis for decades. And they had the All Spark

Huh...I completely forgot about that.

regdog
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Can I just say, the Autobot is Mirage, not Dino. Dog damnit.