More Weiner Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-anthony-weiner-photos-20110606,0,3040101.story
Rep. Anthony Weiner has called an afternoon news conference Monday amid a fresh round of sordid allegations involving the married congressman, including the release of a new set of photos that appear to show him posing shirtless.

The website BigGovernment.com, run by conservative rabble-rouser Andrew Breitbart, reignited the frenzy it started last week involving the New York Democrat in a series of posts Monday

I wonder if he'll resign like the other congressman who sent shirtless pics out.

Yeah, right.

I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Reaction score
It feels good to be right.

Always knew you were a worm.

Glad you finally took responsibility... FINALLY.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Yawn. Who cares. I don't. They interrupted my Ellen show to make a press conference. I take my Ellen seriously. Tiny Fey was a guest!

Reaction score
I love when people take the time to post about something they don't care about or won't waste a single minute on.

Point taken.

Thank you.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
Posted this on my facebook:

AP headline should read: Weiner is Lewd; Congressman is Too.

I thought it was funny anyway. A guy with the last name Weiner already treds a VERY fine line between being a serious politician and being a bumbling idiot. He should've just admitted to it from the beginning and put it as far behind him as possible. Making such a big deal about it just ruined his career. He should own his own hot dog stand, now.

Weiner's Weiners, "I'll you show mine if you show me yours."

third person

Registered
Reaction score
Why is he such a demon (sorry, I meant worm) for doing what he did? There are MUCH more important things going on in the world than a man flirting with women. This didn't need a press conference. It doesn't need to be all over tomorrow's front pages. A politician in a scandal. Nothing new. He admitted it and we can all move on.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
It doesn't matter, that's the point. He made it matter by lying about it and covering it up. And when people asked "is that you?" he couldn't answer the question. And he couldn't answer the question because his answer to the first question "Did you send the photo?" was a lie.

If he had told the truth from the beginning and just admitted to it, it wouldn't even be an issue right now. As it is he just ends up looking like a weiner.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, that's the point. He made it matter by lying about it and covering it up. And when people asked "is that you?" he couldn't answer the question. And he couldn't answer the question because his answer to the first question "Did you send the photo?" was a lie.

If he had told the truth from the beginning and just admitted to it, it wouldn't even be an issue right now. As it is he just ends up looking like a weiner.

EXACTLY.

Basically what the OP in the first long Weiner thread said when he started the thread.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nah, it was more the point you focused on after I spent a few hours bitching about the accusatory wording over how he'd done something really really horrible when at that time no one had any proof that he'd done anything at all. After that, was when you boiled it down to the bit about how he handled this embarrassment poorly.

But now that it is proven and admitted to, I'm still moving back to NYC to vote for him some more.

Reaction score
Why is he such a demon (sorry, I meant worm) for doing what he did? There are MUCH more important things going on in the world than a man flirting with women. This didn't need a press conference. It doesn't need to be all over tomorrow's front pages. A politician in a scandal. Nothing new. He admitted it and we can all move on.

The press conference is happening now!!

Can we give it a couple hours before we "all move on."

:rolleyes:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Honestly, I have no interest is seeing Anthony Weiner with his shirt off. If he turned sideways, you'd miss him.

That being said, lying about embarassing things is second nature to politicians. This is a weak, weak scandal the media is manipulating to fill up empty air time on 24 hour news channels, and if the idiot had just said, "Yeah, that's me. What of it? Can you tell I've been working out?" everything would have gone away. But nooooooooooo. Not smart enough to do that. Smart enough to gain public office, but not smart enough to realize that by letting a lie slip through his lips he just made a meaningless incident into a career-ending bombshell. He may not be resigning, but he probably won't be in Washington past his next re-election bid.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I still don't see what the big deal ever was. At first I thought it was a bunch of crap over one prank. Now it turns out it's his hobby. Who freakin' cares? I'm with third person, let's move on from this manufactured "scandal" of a grown man playing around with grown women. Let his wife sort him out, if she wants to.

Reaction score
Nah, it was more the point you focused on after I spent a few hours bitching about the accusatory wording over how he'd done something really really horrible when at that time no one had any proof that he'd done anything at all. After that, was when you boiled it down to the bit about how he handled this embarrassment poorly.

But now that it is proven and admitted to, I'm still moving back to NYC to vote for him some more.

HE admitted that he handled the whole situation wrong.

"you should tell the truth in the beginning."
Anthony Weiner

That was all the OP cared about.

And the OP is vindicated by the Congressmen himself.

What a dumb ass.

Poor wife.

third person

Registered
Reaction score
Lies and politics have always gone hand-in-hand. I'll reserve my rage/relief for an uncovered scandal that has a direct effect on the country, world, or my own personal safety.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
I don't think it would've been half as bad if he had lied under oath or stolen a key chain from a gas station. The circumstances just make it funny and hard to resist. Who doesn't enjoy a good pun or play on words these days?

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
mscelina: What man is ever smart enough to just own up to his own hijinks? That's the thing that annoys me the most about this scandalmongering. As if any one of his critics (a) doesn't mess about in one way or another, and (b) would be more of a mensch about it than he has been. As far as I can see so far, he has broken no laws. He has not abused anyone. He has not misused public funds. That's enough to leave him on a higher level of character than Edwards or Ensign or any of a host of others.

Reaction score
I still don't see what the big deal ever was. At first I thought it was a bunch of crap over one prank. Now it turns out it's his hobby. Who freakin' cares? I'm with third person, let's move on from this manufactured "scandal" of a grown man playing around with grown women. Let his wife sort him out, if she wants to.

Yeah, you've made your point through multiple threads.

He did nothing wrong in either doing it or in his handling of the situation.

Keep sticking to that even if Anthony Weiner himself posted here and said.."what I did was wrong and how I handled it was even worse."

Like he just said in the press conference.

:shrug:

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no interest is seeing Anthony Weiner with his shirt off. If he turned sideways, you'd miss him.

That being said, lying about embarassing things is second nature to politicians. This is a weak, weak scandal the media is manipulating to fill up empty air time on 24 hour news channels, and if the idiot had just said, "Yeah, that's me. What of it? Can you tell I've been working out?" everything would have gone away. But nooooooooooo. Not smart enough to do that. Smart enough to gain public office, but not smart enough to realize that by letting a lie slip through his lips he just made a meaningless incident into a career-ending bombshell. He may not be resigning, but he probably won't be in Washington past his next re-election bid.

Exactly.

That's all thread one was about.

Let's hope he just lied himself out of being Mayor of my great city.

Please!!

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

HE admitted that he handled the whole situation wrong.

"you should tell the truth in the beginning."
Anthony Weiner

That was all the OP cared about.

And the OP is vindicated by the Congressmen himself.

What a dumb ass.

Poor wife.
Well, in this case it turns out that you were right, even though I still say you were wrong at the same time that you were right. :tongue But next time, if you really want me to give you props, why don't you try being right about something that matters, instead of something that's merely embarrassing to a public figure you don't like? You know, just for laughs.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, you've made your point through multiple threads.
Multiple? There was only one besides this, and your post misrepresents what I said in that one, but that's okay. I realize you weren't reading my posts, but rather other people's posts about mine.

No matter. Weiner admitted it. I criticized you for accusing him without proof. Now there's proof. Accuse away, I won't try to stop you. But I'd still vote for him. If NYC is stupid enough to give up on him, I hope he moves up to Mass.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I think some are letting him off a little easy. We all had no problem going batshit crazy on the Sperminator who had an affair and fathered a kid out of wedlock and pretended the boy wasn't his for 13 or 14 years. Now the poor boy had to skip his own graduation.

Not only did Weiner lie to the press and the voters, he broke his vows to his wife and possibly cheated on her. So I have no problem calling the guy a worm or worse.

Doesn't mean he is horrible at his job. But he clearly isn't a man of honor. He can make amends. I believe in redemption. It just bothers me when some people have a knee jerk "So what" reaction to this when they like the politician.

And that doesn't mean that no one should vote for him because of this. But it would weigh in. It would bother me. And I would understand if someone said they wouldn't because of this.

Sirion

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The misleading title of this thread brought me here with high hopes, but now I am dissapointed by its content.

:p

Anyway, while I'm here, I'd like to say: Did anyone really think he was telling the truth when he denied it? I mean really?

But I must say that I don't really care what he did outside of his political duties. I honestly couldn't care less about any politicians kinky, disturbing, internet sex life or various lovechildren.

Lying about it on the other hand....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think some are letting him off a little easy. We all had no problem going batshit crazy on the Sperminator who had an affair and fathered a kid out of wedlock and pretended the boy wasn't his for 13 or 14 years. Now the poor boy had to skip his own graduation.

Not only did Weiner lie to the press and the voters, he broke his vows to his wife and possibly cheated on her. So I have no problem calling the guy a worm or worse.

Doesn't mean he is horrible at his job. But he clearly isn't a man of honor. He can make amends. I believe in redemption. It just bothers me when some people have a knee jerk "So what" reaction to this when they like the politician.

And that doesn't mean that no one should vote for him because of this. But it would weigh in. It would bother me. And I would understand if someone said they wouldn't because of this.

Agreed. I agreed when that Republican congressmen..No Shirty McShirterson resigned after the same thing.

I believe our leaders should have some standards of not being lying cheating worms.

But the "so what" crowd of the past couple decades feeds into their behavior.

Whatever. It makes me happy when jackasses like him get caught. At least there is some level of karma even if they hold on to power instead of doing the right thing.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I love the character assassination going on here. Makes for good stories about the assassin. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.