Are You Part Of The "Sandwich Generation"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
If you are part of the "Sandwich Generation", I would like to hear from you.

The Sandwich Generation are those of us who are caught between the needs of our children and our aging parents. 3 in 10 Americans are part of this generation.

I am under deadline writing an article on the sandwich generation for a women's magazine and need some real life examples/quotes.

I will use first names only and these can be changed if participants prefer. I'm looking for something like this:

"Each Friday, I now take my mother grocery shopping. My four year old son says he is taking his "ladies" to the store. I grew up following my mother as she shopped - now I follow her to assist with selecting items, reading labels, and making suggestions."

Any input or examples of being part of the sandwich generation will be most appreciated.

PM me here or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Robin

What have I gotten myself into?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbridges.com
Some days, I don't know if I'm the baloney in the middle or the soggy slice of bread on the bottom! I help take care of my 85 year old grandparents since my mom and aunt live two hours away. Since I just finished nursing school last fall, I was nominated to take them to all their various doctors' appointments and therapies and refill the pill boxes (we fill three weeks worth at a time.) My brother takes them grocery shopping. In the middle of nursing school, my daughter was diagnosed with a joint disease that also required weekly physical therapy. She's down to one visit a month now, I'm out of school, and my aunt is searching for a nursing home closer to her and my mother. Health care has become a serious issue for them since my grandparents are retired military and Keesler's Medical Center had severe damage during Katrina.

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.