Should Christian writers have a Christian agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think a Christian agent could more sincerely get behind what it is I have to say; he/she may also have more contacts in the Christian publishing field, too. But I think alot of it depends on what it is you write. If you write for the crossover market, whether or not your agent is a Christian may not be as important.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all writers need an agent in the first place. (I don't, for the type of writing I've done so far.)

Puddle Jumper

pb makes a good point for getting their point of view. On the other hand you might have an opportunity to witness if they're not a Christian. I would go with submitting to both and see whose heart God moves to accept. :)

Question, when submitting a story to an agent, do you submit to one at a time and wait for a rejection before going to another or do you just send it out to a whole bunch at one time and hope one says yes and if more than one do, decide who you want the most?

Footsteps

Just a struggling poet
Registered
Reaction score
Sally Stuart has begun including a list of Christian agents in her annual ""Christian Writers' Market Guide". Yet another reason that everyone should have the latest edition of this book on their desk.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
agents

If I were writing a Christian book, I'd want a Christian agent. Otherwise, I'd just want someone who knew what he/she was doing and was trustworthy and available to a reasonable degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.