• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta for 60k YA SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbruptlyLavender

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I have finished the most recent draft of my manuscript and have decided to seek out some betas. The story involves human clones, cyborgs, and artificial intelligences. There is some strong language and use of weapons, but nothing explicit or gory.

Here's the deal. I am very serious about this project, and would prefer harsh (but respectful) criticism. In return, I'd be happy to beta anything you're working on, though I am best at SF/Fantasy.

To contact me, just send me a PM or email or post right here. My email address is the same as my username @gmail.com. You can read as much or as little as you like; I'm happy for any feedback. I can also send along a synopsis so you can see if you're interested in the plot before investing too much time.

Thank you!

Edit: Thanks Maryn, I have posted the opening scene here

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Might I suggest that if you haven't already, you post chapter one at SYW, so people can read it and see if it draws and maintains the interest needed to do a beta read justice?

You can say it's for potential betas' reading and that you do not seek critique, unless you're also open to that sort of feedback.

Maryn, whose neighbor grows lavender, but not abruptly (it smells lovely)

Status
Not open for further replies.