Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I've got to get my heroine from Las Vegas, Nevada to Taos in New Mexico. Does anyone know of any good online map services? I'm pushing my luck, but I'd love one that even included places of interest. You know, "and on your left, you'll see kangaroos" - sorry, that's here in Oz.

Mapquest said the distance was 703 km and it would take about 10 and a half hours to drive. Would anyone know if the driving time is about right? The reason I'm questioning the map service is that I know here in Australia, if you follow the online advice, you can go significantly longer than if you use local knowledge.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

Jenny

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First of all, it's about 720 miles, not 700km - which obviously makes a big difference.

It's 90 miles from Las Vegas to Kingman AZ to start...

us-093_boulder_city_business_split_02.jpg

and 70 miles at the end from Santa Fe to Taos. According to my map, these are the only stretches on two-lane roads.

The rest of the journey consists of 500 miles (to Albuquerque) on I-40 which looks like this...
i40nmappi25_3mi.JPG

...and a further 60 miles on I-25, which looks like this...

2003_0305_151632AA.JPG

That's probably between 8 and 9 hours of Interstate, and another 3 hours or so on two-lane roads. But that's not allowing for snarl-ups.

I'm going back to bed.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm blaming my fingers which habit typed. I meant miles not km. Thanks, 37 for the catch, the info and most specially the photos.

And Kathie, I recognise mile by mile. It's a good site, isn't it? My problem is it kept giving me lovely info on the trip from Las Vegas to Taos lasting 77 km - duh me, it was Las Vegas, New Mexico. :)

Thanks for the quick, friendly help.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I use my wife's leg. Seems like no matter where I go, there is a road mapped out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.