How's things in Japan?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
As the news media has moved on and not much is being said, I was wondering how AW members in Japan are doing?

Things getting better? Or still rough?

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
I'm not in Japan but I have a friend in the Sendai area. Things have been very hard at the school where she works, to the point they spent two months where the only school lunches served were either rice with milk, or bread with milk. That was it. But she says supplies finally got through this week and real meals are back.

They still have a lot of aftershocks as well. That brings the anxiety back every time, at least for my friend.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Oh lor.... Thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling it would still be pretty rough.

How bad are the aftershocks? And did the relief money get through?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Alessandra.

But tbh, I just wanted hear how normal life was going on. Rather than discuss the nuclear station.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Oh lor.... Thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling it would still be pretty rough.

How bad are the aftershocks? And did the relief money get through?

Not sure what rates as 'bad' for aftershocks. She reported a 'bad' one on May 31, but hasn't talked about anyone getting injured so I'm going to assume it's more about fright/object damage than real danger.

I could ask, but I'm not sure she knows where the relief money went because she's not directly in the disaster area. Most buildings are still up around her, they just had issues with food supplies, water, gas, electricity, etc. So basically, you don't have to be hit with a disaster to feel it! If it hits the guys who make or bring important things to you, you're in trouble anyway.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure what rates as 'bad' for aftershocks. She reported a 'bad' one on May 31, but hasn't talked about anyone getting injured so I'm going to assume it's more about fright/object damage than real danger.

Thanks, I should have been a little plainer. I meant are they still getting big aftershocks. But you answered that anyway.

Lor... it's been a bad year for natural disasters.

I hope things get better soon for everyone in Japan.