PDA

View Full Version : Canadian bloggers wanted $10 per 250-word post

smenesale
06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Helium Content Source is looking for bloggers living in or near Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto or Montreal for a weekly ongoing writing gig. These blog articles are all about giving the reader the inside scoop about these cities. These 250-word blog articles will pay $10 each and we’re looking for writers who can produce multiple articles a week for their own blog on the publisher’s site.

These blog posts should focus on entertainment and "what's going on" viral type of content. Think about what makes this news or event fun, unique, shareable. Think of these posts more like an email to a friend from out of town. That's the kind of blogging style we're going for. Even though focused on one city, where possible this content should have a broad appeal that is going to generate attention in social networks and link-sharing networks. The blogs invite discussion, are comment-worthy, share-worthy, funny, and edgy or cool in some way. Writers will eventually be expected to establish a "voice," and cover key topic areas, such as entertainment, wellness, home improvement, transportation, outdoor activity, community, and shopping.

The overall tone of the blog should be friendly and casual, but avoid using slang or colloquialisms. First and second person writing is preferred.

Bloggers should be familiar with and comfortable using social media to promote their blog articles. Writers for this project will be expected to post images or embedded movies to accompany their blogs.

If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email us at experts@helium.com and include a sample article for review.

AdamH
06-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi,
If you ever expand out to Halifax, let me know. I can send you something.
Thanks,
Adam

Proach
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I'd be interested in this job opportunity.