Bad Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adarkfox

designs books | writes books
Registered
Reaction score
...and not talking about the newest pop sensation doing a terrible remake of a classic rock song.

I was perusing a blog and saw a few book covers that had some notable flaws... so was wondering what covers y'all have seen that kinda made you giggle?

This is the one I saw earlier today... never mind his ring is on the wrong finger but daaang!

HappyEverAfter_2.jpg

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ring issue is probably because they flipped the picture so they could lay out the text how they wanted.

But unless the model had her fingers go through a meat grinder, that just looks painful.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
This thread worries me a little. It's easy to mock poorly-done art, and goodness knows there's enough of it about. To your credit, adarkfox, your example is a professionally published work where multiple people were involved who should have known better, and it's funny. But boy, it could easily turn nasty.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread worries me a little...
It concerns me also. We've had dust-ups here in the past while ridiculing book covers that led to arguments and hurt feelings.

In addition, I don't feel comfortable dissing a cover from one of the most successful living authors of our time, for any reason.

So with that in mind, we'll put this one to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.