Lambda and the Future of Gay Books via Autostraddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendlyhobo

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.autostraddle.com/writers...park-debate-on-the-future-of-gay-books-90580/

From the article:
"The two (simplified) sides of the argument are this:
+ Having and supporting queer content is important because of community and invisibility and persecution and the necessity of giving recognition to queer artists, versus
+ It would be nice to have a world where you can have books with gay content or authors that are considered “books” instead of “gay books,” because sometimes being a “gay author” or having explicitly “gay books” can be limiting.
What do you think?"

Have at!

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
It will be nice when these so called "gay books" are considered just as "books." Until that is the norm, there's nothing wrong with recognizing outstanding literature in this literary niche that already exists.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Is my book a gay book? I never thought about it. I have sex with guys and all, but I'm not gay :D

The more I read about pansexuality the less gay I feel. Why does anyone really give a fuck? I had sex with men. Get over it. My straight friends weren't put off by it at all.

Gay books, bah

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think you can use either marketing/identity option depending one's preference/profit. I think 'gay' books have a great future either way, Lambda not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.