GHOST HUNTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone watch Ghost Hunters on SCI-FI??? It's a really good show--now I know there are skeptics out there who don't believe in ghosts....but when you actually see it or hear it--it really makes you believe.... :)

Anywhow would like your thoughts.

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I watch all the time. I just finished watching most of the "Most Haunted-Live" marathon over the weekend, too.

I actually happen to be a member of a local paranormal investigation team, too. I love this stuff! It's a great hobby!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds really cool...There's a Paranormal investigation team here in NC too..been thinking about joining :)

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I watch it too. I loved their Halloween special. I'm not much of a Most Haunted fan. I guess I like a more scientific approach to paranormal investigation instead of seances and mediums.

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
It made me believe... that there's a lot of gullible people out there.

Imagine, a thousand scientific surveys, and nothing. A TV crew, and the ghosties appear to order. Extraordinary!

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
aspiringwriter said:
Sounds really cool...There's a Paranormal investigation team here in NC too..been thinking about joining :)

If you have the time, you should! It's a great way to get more involved in the science of finding out if it's real or not. Of course, the naysayers will always give you a little grief, and I try not to set myself up for ridicule when I can avoid it, but for the most part it's lots of fun and pretty educational.

Go for it aspiringwriter! You can always quit if it doesn't suit you.

emeraldcite

Art is Resistance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emeraldcite.blogspot.com
i think they did the theatre in my hometown on that show.. pretty cool.

My wife and I were listening to EVPs last night on the web... it's interesting, but i'm not a believer..yet

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Ghost Hunters came to North Carolina back earlier in the year I think....they went to Mordecai House and the Battleship North Carolina :) I'm definitlely a believer b/c sometimes I have what are called lucid dreams where I'll tell a spirit/ghost what to do and they do it. Then again it could simply be a dream...who knows.

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
Shiraz said:
If you have the time, you should! It's a great way to get more involved in the science of finding out if it's real or not. Of course, the naysayers will always give you a little grief, and I try not to set myself up for ridicule when I can avoid it, but for the most part it's lots of fun and pretty educational.

Go for it aspiringwriter! You can always quit if it doesn't suit you.

You set yourself up for ridicule the moment you associate a low budget TV entertainment program with 'the science of finding out if it's real or not'.

And watching TV is 'a great way to get involved'?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all! It's my first post on the Horror Forum!

I am totally addicted to Ghost Hunters. I just love that they're plumbers. It just makes the whole thing so...cool. Sometimes when they interview some homeowner during the investigation, the homeowner will say something like, "Yeah, we could have brought in some other groups, but TAPS takes a scientific approach..." I'm thinking, "Okay, rather than get paranormal researchers with a scientific background...you got a couple of plumbers." Yet, I just love them, Jason, Grant and the whole gang. In my opinion, it is the best show on television.

diana

Last edited:

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Mike Coombes said:
You set yourself up for ridicule the moment you associate a low budget TV entertainment program with 'the science of finding out if it's real or not'.

And watching TV is 'a great way to get involved'?

No, Mike, if you would have read the entire thing, you would have seen I was responding to someone who was thinking about joining a paranormal investigation team in her local area. I'm a member of one here and was encouraging her to do the same. PAY ATTENTION!!!:whip:

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I only watched a couple episodes last year...did it get any better? Sounds like it did.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Mike Coombes said:
It made me believe... that there's a lot of gullible people out there.

Imagine, a thousand scientific surveys, and nothing. A TV crew, and the ghosties appear to order. Extraordinary!

That's not entirely true.

Have you ever seen any of Loyd Auerbach's work? Hanz Holzer, The Warrens, or their nephew Joshua Warren? Proof through the use of scientific tools is happening. Granted, Holzer and the Warrens used psychics, but that was a different generation.

There are a a lot of people out there who want to believe no matter what, but there are also a lot of people out there looking for evidential proof. The AAEVP is making great strides--objective, rather than subjective ones.

If you have links to the reports of some of these surveys, I'd love to see them and look into that further.

Last edited:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I only watched a couple episodes last year...did it get any better? Sounds like it did.

I would say it did. In the second season, they got a new office. They aren't operating out of that trailer anymore. Plus they got some new equipment and so on. As in their investigations, they are somewhat similiar to last seasons as in some episodes they turned up with nothing and others they capture something very interesting. But I guess it's a pretty much hit or miss type of profession. I think that is one of the reasons why I like this show more than Most Haunted.

Plus there was some more drama concerning Brian with him leaving the show and then coming back. I can't wait until next season.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I just started watching Ghost Hunters -- I absolutely LOVE it. The one with the lighthouse was completely cool, especially with the chair sliding in the attic! Woooo! I have a friend who has written a couple of books about local hauntings, and she turned me on to it. I really like Jason and Grant -- they seem sensible.

I can't stand the people on "most Haunted" though -- they're such over-the-top dramatic posers that they make my skin crawl (just my humble opinion, naturally, YMMV).

Status
Not open for further replies.