Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
GO!

Yes, Stories of Strength is now officially available through Lulu!

I mentioned in another thread that I spoke to Jenna about the price and that it should be adjusted to $15.95 US, hopefully sometime today. So if you wish, you can order it right now at the posted price, or wait until you see it change so that a little bit extra goes into the donation monies.

But the big thing is, the book is here! We did it, y'all!!! Time for a book release party!!!

8.gif

CharmianChristie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charmian-christie.com
I just ordered my copies. The price is up to $15.95 and the downloadable version has gone up to over $5.00 as well.

Can't wait to get those copies in my hand.

Thanks to everyone involved for their hard work. This has been a very rewarding experience.

Charmian

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
HA! I hadn't noticed the sparkles!! Good touch!!

In regards to the SoS website, will it have the link on it to lulu dot com?

kim

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hmm. How many times do you think I'll cry today?

Current count: 2

Once when I read Frank's newsletter, and the second time when I logged into Lulu and found out...

We've already raised more than $250 for disaster relief. Since this morning.

SINCE THIS MORNING.

:hooray: :cry:

And I haven't even sent out the AW newsletter yet (goes out tomorrow), which I know will bring in a bunch of sales.

I just want to say thank you to all of you for making this such a terrific experience. We're going to make a difference.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JENNA! :kiss:

You can add the 6 copies I just ordered for myself. More to come from my coworkers in the next few days, I hope.

Just read Frank's newsletter, I'm feeling a bit keflempt myself....

PS -- you get the full-contact man-hugs for that incredible piece of writing, Frank. :Hug2:

Last edited:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be ordering my copy this evening. Congrats to all who put so much work into this project!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Just ordered mine! I'm so impressed that you all came together so quickly for a good cause. It'll be odd holding that book in my hands and feeling like it was written by friends. Now, I'll just have to hunt some of you down and get it signed. :) Wait! Haskins has a map... road trip?

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
We've already raised more than $250 for disaster relief. Since this morning.

SINCE THIS MORNING.

:hooray: :cry:

FANTASTIC!!! Is there somewhere at lulu where we can see how many copies have sold?

kim

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I ordered a few copies for myself and family. Will order more for the holidays (and possible review copies) after I get my greasy hands on these first.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, let's see, if each contributor orders 5... the would be at least 500 copies there. Multiply by $16 -- that's $8000. Quite a nice sum, don't you think?

And that's just the contributors' purchase...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
So Maestro's guesstimate of 500 copies would put $2,545 in the kitty, just from ourselves. Wow.
That's remarkable. I was telling Jenna that my dad is going crazy (in a good way) with this. He's got a growing list of people he's buying a book for (I think he's up to 9 or 10 now) Plus he said he'd buy all of my review copies at full price just so that extra money will go to relief funds. He's a maniac! :)

This is too cool. I sent out a mass email for all my contacts this afternoon. Here's hoping they all buy a dozen copies ;)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha: Something has gone very strange with my time-zone settings. Either that or Sarah somehow managed to jump forward in time so that she could quote from a post I hadn't made yet.

EmoteROFL.gif
See? I made this post nearly forty minutes AFTER the one below that Sarah quoted. Thank goodness I have it fixed now, otherwise nobody would know what I was talking about because I'd be out of synch with everyone else.

Whaddya mean, how would you tell the difference?

Last edited:

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
I don't know how big my order will be yet... certainly more than 5 but I think that will be a small number in comparison to the final count... My Dad, my M-I-L, my F-I-L, Aunt Fay, Aunt June, Aunt Jackie... See? I haven't even begun and already there are 6. My brothers and sisters will just have to buy their own copies, tehe... then there will be the review copies which is also an undetermined number... Good thing I've been saving up for this.

Plus, my son, in Iraq will be telling his buddies, who will tell more buddies... plus there's this Major I know in Germany who has the ear of a few high ranking Generals...

Plus, as I type, biotales is working on something downtown Nashville so everybody wish her lots of luck... even if she won't know about it until later tonight.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And, according to what Jenna has said, the download price of $5.09 is what goes to charity from each sale via Lulu, download or print.

So Maestro's guesstimate of 500 copies would put $2,545 in the kitty, just from ourselves. Wow.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
ChunkyC said:
:Wha: Something has gone very strange with my time-zone settings. Either that or Sarah somehow managed to jump forward in time so that she could quote from a post I hadn't made yet.

EmoteROFL.gif
See? I made this post nearly forty minutes AFTER the one below that Sarah quoted. Thank goodness I have it fixed now, otherwise nobody would know what I was talking about because I'd be out of synch with everyone else.

Whaddya mean, how would you tell the difference?

I think there's a weird time zone/time stamp glitch. Robeaie noticed it a few days ago, that post orders seemed to get out of whack. Also, sometimes people can't post -- we keep getting the "30-second" warning even though we haven't posted anything within 30 seconds...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Saritams8 said:
[My dad] got a growing list of people he's buying a book for (I think he's up to 9 or 10 now) Plus he said he'd buy all of my review copies at full price just so that extra money will go to relief funds. He's a maniac! :)

I wish my parents were as "crazy" as your dad RE: my book. When I mentioned mine, their reaction was like, "yeah, so are you giving me a free copy?" and "no way we're going to tell people to buy your book..."

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.