Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Moondancer said:
http://www.lulu.com/content/172091

price is not what i expected so they may still be working on it...

I will not buy before November 1st.
I will not buy before....

I'm a good girl...right, Charlie? :)

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just hang in there a little longer. I'm sure they've just activated the storefront and will be making final tweaks. The price will have to be adjusted to $15.95 for the printed version since that's what's on the cover, but I do believe the price for the download is right. As always, we'll have to wait for Jenna to confirm.

So close, so close....

And yes, Kim. You are a good girl. :)

Lady K'Lyssia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.klyssia.com
They probably won't change the price. It seems to be a common practice on web sites to offer things at slightly under the cover price. It's an incentive to get people to buy the book through them - particularly when you consider that adding the shipping brings the rate up over the cover price anyway.

We want this book to appear in local bookstores if possible. Even with the money that Lulu is generating going to charity, you won't get a lot of retailers buying it if they don't make any profit off it at all. If they have to pay the cover price + plus shipping - they lose money when they can only sell it for cover. And I doubt the shipping costs are going to the charity fund.

The same thing applies to us if we buy copies for resell at signings, conventions, etc. It is great to think that we have the money to but copies - pay shipping and not worry about losing any money - but if you have to make a living off your writing (not currently having a day job) you have to be practical also. the cost of shipping - gas to get to the signing - the mailing that you've done, etc. all add up. Yes, we want to help, but practicallity has to be considered. If I don't have the money available and can't expect to recoop it, I can't put it into the project.

just an early morning ramble.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Oh, no I totally agree, Carol. I don't have that kind of cash either. And if I buy it at a reduced price for a signing, say, well, then the charity won't get as much, unless I take the difference and send it along. Then you get into all kinds of accounting problems.

No, I plan on promoting it by bringing flyers (and maybe one copy for display and perusal) with me when I do all my Talisman signings.

That's what I can afford :)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang. I just spoke to Jenna on the phone regarding the price. It is supposed to be $15.95 US. She has called Lulu to make the change. However, as of this moment....

The book IS OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE!!

You can go ahead and order it at the stated price, or wait for a bit (hopefully later today) and order it at $15.95 so that you can get that extra bit of cash into the donation monies.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pricing is fixed. I ordered 3 for rush delivery but not overnight because they wanted a fortune.

I am ordering many more after I check thses out.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My order number is 296363
Who's got a lower number?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(I wonder if I can log into Lulu and access that order number and up the quantity by a factor of ten....)
biggrin.gif

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
(I wonder if I can log into Lulu and access that order number and up the quantity by a factor of ten....)
biggrin.gif

Funny, Mastercard just cancelled my account...anyone know why things like this happen?

goofy head!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't mind me, I'm giddy with excitement this morning!

I've posted a sign-up sheet at my place of work and we'll be placing a bulk order in the next few days. I'm gonna see if Lulu will ship via a courier of our choice on our business account. I'll let you know how it goes, maybe there are other folks out there who'd like to do the same sort of thing to consolidate and minimize shipping charges.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Charlie, that may be the way to go for those of us who aren't Bill Gates. A friend just wrote me that she had to reluctanctly cancel her order for 2 books when she found out the shipping charge (to Toronto) was going to be $25.75.

Ack!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What shipping method did she use, Frank? I'd like to get an idea of what it's going to cost folks.

And, there's a super-saver option at Lulu for free shipping via postal service if your order comes in between $45 and $100. 3 books @ $15.95 = $47.85

Last edited:

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
That's good to know Charlie, thanks. She must have missed that. I've been hearing from a few readers regarding today's column about the shipping costs too. I'll pass that along. :)

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget to click on the right-most star for a Rock On! vote. I pressed it and the vote turned to 4.
Did I do it right?
Everyone shouold vote as people sort by number of votes when searchng for popular books.

Status
Not open for further replies.