• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Is there a beta reader out there for a 72K word YA superhero novel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a beta reader or two for my YA superhero novel THE GUARDIAN. I am more than willing to trade and will read anything though I am not your best bet for romance or high fantasy. Below is the hook from an old query letter I wrote while letting the project marinate.

When Kyle Richell is hit by a truck with nothing to show for it save for a few bumps and bruises, he does what any comic book nut that discovers he has superpowers would do.

He decides to become a superhero.

Kyle soon finds out that being a superhero isn't as easy as in comic books. Finding crime is hard. What do you do with criminals when you catch them? Cape or no cape? Then there is the homeless girl who Kyle keeps running across and his best friend who is getting a bit suspicious. When Kyle attempts to investigate a rash of missing women, things begin to spiral out of control. What was once fun is now treacherous and when very real dangers threaten him and everything her holds dear, Kyle has to figure out if he really is a hero or not.

Thanks,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.