Book/Film Recommendations With A 'Chase' Plot?

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I managed to get myself stalled at 23,000 words in my WIP and would like some recommendations to get the imagination going.

I'm looking for good 'chase/pursuit' plots, preferably with the protaganist as the pursuer. What would also be perfect, would for it to be set in a forest/jungle location.

Cheers. :)

JayWalloping

writing fast and loving it
Registered
Reaction score
Stuck is no fun.

For books, I can think of Thomas Perry's Pursuit (go figure on the title). First of the books I read by this writer and my favorite. Professional investigator hunting down a hitman.

For movies, I'd suggest The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro. This one'll have the forests you asked for.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Stuck is no fun.

For books, I can think of Thomas Perry's Pursuit (go figure on the title). First of the books I read by this writer and my favorite. Professional investigator hunting down a hitman.

For movies, I'd suggest The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro. This one'll have the forests you asked for.

Cheers. :D

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
Shoot to Kill / Deadly Pursuit springs to mind... FBI agent Sidney Poitier chasing a murderer and hostage taker through the woods. Haven't seen it in over a decade so the details are a bit fuzzy, but I thought it was a good one at the time.

ETA: Just seen in your other thread that your setting is Roman Britain. I'm guessing you'll have seen Centurion? Romans chased by Picts and a tracker of the Brigantes tribe (if I remember correctly).

Last edited:

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Just seen in your other thread that your setting is Roman Britain. I'm guessing you'll have seen Centurion? Romans chased by Picts and a tracker of the Brigantes tribe (if I remember correctly).

Yes, I have the DVD. I'll try and watch it again [I end up picking the plot apart instead of concentrating on the 'chase' elements.]

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Master and Commander! Excellent movie. Wish they followed through with the series. Guess they didn't want a captain that threw phones into people's faces!

D Jay

Registered
Reaction score
Matthew Reilly's "Temple" is a great chase, and is set in a jungle. (Actually, all his books are pretty much chase oriented.)