PDA

View Full Version : Dentist :(

Charlee
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Three hours until I have to go and I feel sick :(

I am so scared I want to cry...

What are you lot scared of make me feel less of a freak!

Yasaibatake
05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm also terrified of the dentist, so I feel your pain. I'm also terrified of cockroaches. Last time I went to the dentist, my friend told me to imagine something happy and drew me a picture of a butterfly. I went and my brain turned my dentist into a giant cockroach. I am now switching dentists. (There were other issues with his office as well, but that doesn't make quite as good of a story, does it?)

JimmyB27
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I had five teeth out as a kid (as a result of too many growing, not one too many sherbet dib-dabs), and I can't even stand the smell in one anymore. Reminds me too much of the smell of the gas they used on me.

Alpha Echo
05-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Aw, I'm so sorry! I've never been scared of the dentist, though i'm sure it helps that I never had braces or cavities.

I have had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and gum surgery (soft tissue graft), but for those I was on nitrice...can't spell, but it's awesome.

I also had a nightguard molded so I don't grind away my teeth.

I don't know your fear, but I still feel for ya! Hang in there!

mirandashell
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm really scared of the dentist as well. I would say it's a phobia but there's nothing unreasoning about being afraid of someone who can hurt you! Close your eyes and do lots of deep breathing.

You have my thoughts. And have a big virtual hug.

Charlee
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
I lived!!! I survived he was an amazing dentist very understanding about the gibbering mess sitting in his chair

Charlee
05-24-2011, 10:04 PM

mirandashell
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeh! Well done. First for managing to sit in the chair! LOL! I have to take someone in with me.

And yeah, a nice understanding dentist makes all the difference.

At least it's over with!

Charlee
05-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh I had to take my O/H with me :) But it's done and I can relax now!

Guardian
05-24-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm terrified of spiders.

Don't feel bad I have to go soon to get a metal rod taken out of my jaw.

Charlee
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
I am stupidly scared it is silly I knew he was only going to look but I was still freaked lol

Guardian
05-25-2011, 12:23 AM
I get scared of my dentist. I go in and they don't talk to me, they just pull out a needle. I'm like, "Whoa, no! Tell me what we're doing first!" I never know if they want to fill something or screw around with the tooth I broke.

Snowstorm
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I like going to the dentist. Thankfully, I have nice teeth and have very few problems.

Sounds like your trip to the dentist went well. Good for you for facing your fear! I hope any return trips get easier for you.

stormie
05-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Dentists don't scare me as much as the dental hygienist. I swear I've had some who scrape at my teeth and gums with such force that days later I'm still hurting. I'm relieved when the dentist comes in the room and I know that the torture is over.

Glad you're okay now, Charlee :)

mirandashell
05-25-2011, 01:53 AM
I like going to the dentist. Thankfully, I have nice teeth and have very few problems.

I could so punch you right now......

:tongue