poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
meee-ow.

THE three widows of Osama bin Laden are turning on each other in custody, with two older Saudi women blaming a much younger Yemeni wife for leading American intelligence to their hideout.

"It's vicious," said a Pakistani official briefed on the interrogation of the widows. "The older wives think the younger one tipped off the Americans or was tracked when she came to join him."

The al-Qa'ida leader was living with three wives when he was killed in Abbottabad three weeks ago. Until US investigators discovered his hiding place, it was not known whether bin Laden and his family were alive. Some reports suggested that they had been killed in the US bombing of Afghanistan.

Although the compound where bin Laden hid for five years was large, the three wives were all cooped up in the same house. The older two lived on the second floor and the youngest one on the top. Their husband alternated between them. Pakistani officials who have been debriefing the women portray life in the compound as an Islamic version of Desperate Housewives.

"It's a well-known fact that when you have two older wives and then this young one comes along half their age, they don't like it," said one.

The wives even dispute who tried to protect their husband in the raid. The youngest was reported to have attempted to save him, sustaining a bullet wound to her calf. But the older wives say they were the ones who rushed to shield him.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...fe-tipped-off-us/story-e6frg6so-1226060447422

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he is having better success with the 70 virgins now in his care. :sarcasm

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was 70 Virgils

dusty_rhodes.jpg

Virgil Runnels AKA Dusty Rhodes

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
You guys are funny!!! The posts above had me in stitches although I had to gag a little when Virgil made an appearance.

If a man had more than 1 wife legally in his country (permissible under Islamic Law which applies in most Muslim countries and maybe a couple of others) and wanted to emigrate to America, would America allow all wives and their children in? Does anyone know?

Just curious. I looked up the INS website and couldn't find it.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are funny!!! The posts above had me in stitches although I had to gag a little when Virgil made an appearance.

If a man had more than 1 wife legally in his country (permissible under Islamic Law which applies in most Muslim countries and maybe a couple of others) and wanted to emigrate to America, would America allow all wives and their children in? Does anyone know?

Just curious. I looked up the INS website and couldn't find it.
Sure. But then he'd be arrested for polygamy.

That's just the way we roll here. Even most defenders of gay marriage look at you like you have three heads if you point out the illogic of 'limit two' although they can see the ridiculousness of restricting access to a legal contract based on the sex of the partners. (Or, to cite a historic example, their race.)

Polyamory seems to be only a tiny notch above beastiality in the public perception. I've even heard both points raised in the same breath as a defense against gay marriage.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Sure. But then he'd be arrested for polygamy.

Thanks Don but I think in this instance his application would not be approved in the first place. If they are going to arrest him, I can't see the US letting in a man, his three or four wives and twenty four children if they do not recognize the marriage of wives #2, #3 and #4 which means those children would be born out of wedlock.

Not that I have a problem with a polygamy family not being able to emigrate to America but I just wondered about the INS's stand.