The Power of Pricing and eBook Free on Amazon Posted by Julie Ortolon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
* Great article about playing with pricing!

http://www.juliesjournalonline.com/?p=1280
*Note this is a great article*

Posted by Julie Ortolon on April 18, 2011

I’ve had a wild ride at Amazon ever since they dropped the price of Almost Perfect, book one of my contemporary romance trilogy, to free. I know a lot of you have been asking how the heck did I pull this off. Anyone following the e-book revolution closely knows an individual author self-publishing an ebook isn’t allowed to price their Kindle edition at Amazon lower than .99¢ Publishers can do it any time they wish, but for authors, it’s at the sole discretion of Amazon whether or not to offer an ebook free. So, how did I do it?

Motivation for Pricing an eBook Free

<remainder snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

MMcDonald64

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
* Great article about playing with pricing!

http://www.juliesjournalonline.com/?p=1280
*Note this is a great article*

Posted by Julie Ortolon on April 18, 2011

I’ve had a wild ride at Amazon ever since they dropped the price of Almost Perfect, book one of my contemporary romance trilogy, to free. I know a lot of you have been asking how the heck did I pull this off. Anyone following the e-book revolution closely knows an individual author self-publishing an ebook isn’t allowed to price their Kindle edition at Amazon lower than .99¢ Publishers can do it any time they wish, but for authors, it’s at the sole discretion of Amazon whether or not to offer an ebook free. So, how did I do it?

Motivation for Pricing an eBook Free

<remainder snipped>

I'm having a wild ride right now for the same reason. The first book in my planned four book series was made free on Amazon 5/26. I have the second book in the series for sale, and am writing the third. Anyway, the book was free for a week. In that time, it had about 45,000 downloads. (US&UK) Sales of the sequel were over 700 copies in that time. Today, it was taken out of the free Kindle store. The momentum it gained has pushed it to #26 in the paid Kindle store, and I'm averaging about 120 copies of the sequel/day this week.

I don't know how long this will last, but I certainly increased my reader base.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Impressive. A personal friend of mine have been marketing his ebook for 3yrs and makes about $300-350 a month in sales for it after the 4th quarter of the 3rd year. With care and feeding - a good product, great pricing and time, one can be happy with this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.