PDA

View Full Version : Chilli Liqourice Olives

Anninyn
05-18-2011, 11:02 PM
So, something went very badly wrong with me today and I bought two packs of these. Yes, Chilli chocolate olives is precisely what it says on the pack.

You see, I like all three of these things. Love them in fac, and chilli liqourice is lovely, as are chilli olives.

But I'm really not sure about the combination. I'm scared. Help.

Chris P
05-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon? Well, have you?!?

I have.

Anninyn
05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon? Well, have you?!?

I have.
No. Was it good?

Chris P
05-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Err... Strangely addictive. Not as gross as I thought they'd be, but not something I'm going to go out of my way to find. It just tasted like chocolate covered bacon.

Tried the olives yet? I'm having trouble picturing the licorice in them. Green or black olives?

Anninyn
05-18-2011, 11:20 PM
They're black. Dried, it seems. The ingredients are
Olive (79.97%), sugar (12%), salt (6%) Chilli Powder (1%) Liqourice powder (1%) artificial sweetener (0.02%) preservatives (0.01%)

The package also specifies 'edible'.

edit: I just tried one. They're- odd, but good. The olive has been dried, and the stone is still in, and they're sweet and hot.

Lavern08
05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Hmmm,

I'd try one.

Anninyn
05-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Texture wise they're kind of like dried dates? They're much sweeter than I expected too.

Hmm. I'll finish the packs I bought but I'm not sure I'll buy them again.

Chris P
05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Interesting. I'll try anything once.

mirandashell
05-19-2011, 01:45 AM
The worst thing I ever tried was a chocolate covered pretzel.

First a very sweet chocolate, then a mouthful of salt. Yuck!

Caitlin Black
05-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Ugh. Chocolate and salt do not go well together.

Nor do coffee and salt...

A few times I've made the mistake of buying a coffee, then going to McDonalds and getting some fries. It's a very weird taste combination... Not something I'd recommend.

Chris P
05-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I like chocolate covered pretzel! Send me yours.

Now, pizza and coffee....bleurgh!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Ooo! Chocolate covered pretzels are the bomb!

Lavern08
05-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Chocolate-covered Potato Chips rock too! ;)

RNJ
05-19-2011, 08:08 PM
You know what's even better than chocolate? Peanut butter!!!!! Get some honey wheat pretzel sticks and dip'em right in the peanut butter jar. Fantabulicious!

bettielee
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
You know what's even better than chocolate? Peanut butter!!!!! Get some honey wheat pretzel sticks and dip'em right in the peanut butter jar. Fantabulicious!

Hell to the yeah!

I mean... put chocolate and peanut butter together and hell to the yeah! :)

RNJ
05-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Hell to the yeah!

I mean... put chocolate and peanut butter together and hell to the yeah! :)

You say it sister! Hell to the yeah! :Thumbs:

Chris P
05-19-2011, 08:35 PM

Err....not sure about that one. Maybe if they could keep the chips from getting soggy I'd like it better

RNJ
05-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Err....not sure about that one. Maybe if they could keep the chips from getting soggy I'd like it better

Maybe if you dip the chip into a fondue pot of melted chocolate? Hmmm, I don't know.

Chocolate covered cashews are really good.

mirandashell
05-19-2011, 10:44 PM
You lot are just not right......

RNJ
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Did you know black olives are just mature green olives? I did not know that until I looked it up. I wonder why green olives are a lot saltier than black ones? Never had a dried olive. Do they look like raisins? I bet dried black olives look like...hmmm, I won't say it.

Chris P
05-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Raisins?

My guess is that the black olives have more natural sugars or fewer bitter components, similar to mature versus green apples. And no, I didn't know that about olives.

You know, one of my favorite things is to dip VERY salty McDonalds fries into a McDonalds chocolate shake. It only works with McDonalds, not Wendy's or anyone else's.

Lavern08
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
For the record,

The potato chips don't get soggy at all - The chocolate *hardens* the chips and you've got yourself a delicious bite of salty/chocolately delight :)

Chris P
05-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Maybe mine were old, then. Soggy, soggy chips :(

Lavern08
05-20-2011, 12:38 AM
^ I offer my condolences, Brother :(

sheadakota
05-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Oh my God- I would kill for Chocolate covered pretzels! I would kill for you- for them. I might even kill you to get them from you- yeah I get obssessed like that-

sheadakota
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Damn- now all I can think about are chocolate covered pretzels!

Anninyn
05-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Did you know black olives are just mature green olives? I did not know that until I looked it up. I wonder why green olives are a lot saltier than black ones? Never had a dried olive. Do they look like raisins? I bet dried black olives look like...hmmm, I won't say it.
I think they were dried In sugar. Meaning they looked like little hard black bullets of...

Anninyn
05-20-2011, 02:31 AM
I used to microwave poppadums and dip them in Nutella.

I need help.

Underthelivingmoon
05-20-2011, 02:39 AM

I love a good chocolate bar with sea salt (Lindt makes a fabulous one.) Their dark chocolate and chili (red chili pepper)bar is also very tasty.

Underthelivingmoon
05-20-2011, 02:43 AM
You know, one of my favorite things is to dip VERY salty McDonalds fries into a McDonalds chocolate shake. It only works with McDonalds, not Wendy's or anyone else's.

Damn you, I haven't done that in ages-- now I want some McDonald's. :)

Caitlin Black
05-20-2011, 03:52 AM
I used to microwave poppadums and dip them in Nutella.

I need help.

I've called my last 2 dogs "poppadum". It started out as "puppy" and just went from there.

I don't even know what a poppadum is, come to think of it... I just know the word.

Caitlin Black
05-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Note: That wasn't their official name. Just a nickname. ;)

Anninyn
05-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Poppodums are crispy indian snacks. Like big crisps.

In indian restaurants they fry them in ghee and serve them up so hot they burn the fingers and they're SO. GOOD. but I can;t quite get the temperatures in the pan at home, so I spray them with oil and put them in the microwave.

RNJ
05-20-2011, 06:55 AM

In indian restaurants they fry them in ghee and serve them up so hot they burn the fingers and they're SO. GOOD. but I can;t quite get the temperatures in the pan at home, so I spray them with oil and put them in the microwave.

I've never seen a crispy Indian. :flamethrower

Caitlin Black
05-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Gotcha.