• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

How to Overcome Writer’s Block [link to article]

Status
Not open for further replies.

newword01

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Writer’s Block is one of the instances wherein authors lose the ability to produce new work. Situation such as this can be alleviated with the help of several tips mentioned below. Hope these help…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are some tips that may help you out[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If you are not inspired by the topic, try to find an aspect of it that may interest you, or look at it from an unusual position. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]If you are unsure of your own abilities, tell yourself that all you have to do for now is write a preliminary draft, which isn’t supposed to be perfect. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Start writing – anything, whatever rubbish comes into your head. Once the words appear on the paper, you’ll be able to go on. The most difficult thing is to write the very first word. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Divide the task into numerous sub-tasks; deal with them separately, think every idea over, connect them later. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Discuss the topic with somebody: even a friend, who doesn’t know anything about it, will do. Once you start forming your ideas orally, you’ll be able to grasp what you have to write. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ways of fighting writer’s block are as numerous as its reasons. Try to define what particularly bothers you most and try to eradicate the very reason of it.[/FONT]

Moderator edit:

The above tip appears on Essay-Writing-Tips.com
Article link: http://www.essay-writing-tips.com/common-problems/writers-block.html

ALWAYS ATTRIBUTE MATERIAL QUOTED FROM OTHER SITES!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathryn W

Writer. Bookworm. Idiot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.whowasabigailcarter.blogspot.com
Hey, there are some very useful tips here. Sometimes I find it helpful to go on a walk to clear my mind. Other times I will write somewhere other than my "usual' spot -- for example at a cafe or (weather permitting) the beach. Wondering if any other users do this?

kaigal

Creator Of Her Own Worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I've one:

Lots of people have multiple story ideas. When I get stuck a bit on one I work on one of the others for a while until the lightbulb in my brain goes off and then go back to the original one I was devoting my time to. Or, sometimes people consider writer's block as writing drivle. It can be helpful just to write through the drivil and see what appears. Your story normally gets back on track.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
When I can't write I do it anyway. I did the "All work and no play makes Wayne a dull boy" thing once for three pages ...I wish I was kidding.

Sometimes it works out and I get a lot of work done. Actually, that's most of the time. I have hundreds of pages of crap, but I found some good stuff too. I can't sit here and stare at the screen and do nothing. BIC works.

Status
Not open for further replies.