• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Az Publishing Services

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
I was at Leprecon in Tempe last week. One of the panelists proclaimed that advances are dead, and that authors must pay to get published.

The panelist owns Azpublishingservices.com It looks like another vanity press to me.

Is there any more information out there?

Regards,
Kevin

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I had a look at their website, not sure about the quality of work, some of the covers are awesome, most are terrible. And they keep refering to the books as 'print books' which made me wince.

And the publisher is also one of the authors. Not a big deal in itself, but it's enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

The website isn't very good, it looks like one of those spam websites that try to sell you acacia berries or chocolate underwear.

Distribution appears to only be online and via Amazon, Ingram and Book Hub

No mention of having to pay for publishing though.

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
The "Pay to play" comment was given at the panel, and only surfaced after we started talking about distribution and contracts.

A number of panelists were promoting POD, and Amazon, as a replacement for links to a distribution network.

While I have no interest in the service, I was curious.

Regards,
Kevin

I had a look at their website, not sure about the quality of work, some of the covers are awesome, most are terrible. And they keep refering to the books as 'print books' which made me wince.

And the publisher is also one of the authors. Not a big deal in itself, but it's enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

The website isn't very good, it looks like one of those spam websites that try to sell you acacia berries or chocolate underwear.

Distribution appears to only be online and via Amazon, Ingram and Book Hub

No mention of having to pay for publishing though.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
There's no indication on the website about how much it costs (if anything) to publish through Az Publishing Services, but I don't like the 'partner page' which suggests to me that they may refer authors on to other companies (in which case I'd want to know if they get a kick-back for that).

There's also no information on royalty rates for Az Publishing authors (I'm presuming they don't pay advances), there's no information on their publishing experience and they seem to be publishing any genre, which suggests a lack of targeted marketing and publicity. Am not impressed by the "submittals" page either.

At the very least, I'd want to know how many books each author sells on average and what the company does to get your books out there.

MM

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site hasn't been updated since '11, but there are a few recent books on Amazon.