Favorite Supernatural/Paranomarl TV Shows

Which Supernatural/Paranormal shows do you like watching the most?

• Medium

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Ghost Whisperer

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Supernatural

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ghost Hunters

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Most Haunted

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Weird Travels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charmed

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
What Supernatural and/or Paranormal shows do you like the most? the least? Are there any TV shows that have gone off the air that you wish they would bring back?

pickman

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't voted because the only show I have seen is Most Haunted, which is so bad that I can't bring myself to watch it anymore.

It is the presenters who get on my nerves. I'm not a total skeptic with this sort of thing, but I swear that scouse medium bloke is putting on his little trances. If the camera crew and live audiences show up for Most Haunted Live, and he said "Well, actually, I'm not feeling anything. In fact, I don't think this place is haunted. Lets go home," what would that do to the ratings?

And don't get me started on that melodramatic blonde woman who co-presents.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yeah I don't care for Most Haunted either which is why I mostly watch Ghost Hunters on the Sci-fi channel. They are paranormal investigators that take a more scientific approach to it. They don't use quija boards, psychics, mediums or anything like that. Sometimes they don't get little to no evidence from an investigation and other times they capture something pretty remarkable.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I miss Buffy and Angel. But I've been searching the internet & there's some serious rumors floating around about a "Spike The Vampire" television movie in the works.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I miss X-Files. <sigh>

I watch pretty much any of the haunted/ghost stories on Discovery or Travel Channel.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I miss that one too.

(long, drawn out, exasperated sigh)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry...I seem to have depressed everyone. Let's commiserate together at the House of Hate party!
(I would insert a dancing banana here but it seems to inappropriately happy)

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ok come on. Everyone needs to cheer up. It's Turkey Day. :)

I miss X-Files, Buffy and Angel too. Actually, I thought they were planning on doing another X-Files movie but I guess not. Anyone remember that reality show Mad Mad House? I didn't see the show when it first aired but I watched the reruns on the Fox Reality channel. I have to say it was very different from others but I'd be very surprised if they ever decided to do a second season.

Spookster

Maiden of the Blade
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just glad I'm not the only Charmed fan here. So, spill it. Who else watches Charmed?

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm just glad I'm not the only Charmed fan here. So, spill it. Who else watches Charmed?

I do. I've been an avid watcher since day one. Although, I admit I have missed a few episodes of the new season. I can't wait to see the episode this sunday. I sure hope they don't kill off Leo.

EyesClosed

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone watch that tv show called Miracles? It aired WAAAY back for you Americans, but we've just got it here in New Zealand... anyway, its great, and I'm so sad that its gonna get cancelled...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, i believe Wayne Brady described it as a cross between the X-files and the Exorcist. :p

CampCreek

Texestentialist
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE paranormal tv shows!!!

I used to watch Charmed almost religiously, but it's gotten rather cliche and boring this season. I think I'm just tired of it. Ghost Whisperer has taken over it's "fave show" status with me. I just hope they don't run of ideas and let it get stale. I never was a big Angel fan ~ too "formulaic" for me. Buffy was pretty cool while she lasted.

I watch just about all of the "reality" paranormal, ghost, hauntings, etc., shows I can find. I love them all! The 'Haunting in Georgia', Hauntings, Haunted Travels, etc., type shows about real places really pique my interest! Dead Famous is pretty lame a lot of the time. Ghost Hunters is excellent where realism is concerned, but it can get boring, too (wish they would have caught something on tape the second time they were at the "Shawshank" prison!).

And I really do enjoy Most Haunted. I didn't much care for the live show, but the rest are really entertaining imho. I don't much care if it's all a put on and I do realize that their methods are less than realistically investigative. But I still enjoy it nonetheless. I just love watching people scare themselves silly in ancient castles I guess.
tongue.gif

I have my doubts about Derek's channeling (the "possessions" ~ they're really not possessions, but channeling), but I'm not going to call the man a fraud. I do believe in the Other Side and mediums who can communicate with it wholeheartedly. And if the Travel Channel starts showing his new show, I'll be tuning in religiously.

Speaking of that, has anyone ever seen any show connected to this research: http://www.openmindsciences.com/hbo-exp.htm ? Interesting read, that link, but I never did see any show they might have produced concerning what they found. I'd really love to, so if anyone's heard of it, would you let me know so I'll know not to give up on my search for a tape?

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I can't believe I forgot Proof Positive. I use to watch that show just to see which story was proved to be true. Does that show even still come on?

Flapdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
sthrnwriter said:
What Supernatural and/or Paranormal shows do you like the most? the least? Are there any TV shows that have gone off the air that you wish they would bring back?

None.
There's a British one called "Sea of Souls" that is my preferred one.

Although I quite like Medium, currently being shown in a graveyard slot on BBC1!

That Most Haunted thing is a complete fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.