Film scenes where someone's douchebagness is uncovered in a clever way?

TrixieLox

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my novel, one of the main characters is a film nut. He needs to show his friend that a guy she knows is a douchebag. He needs to set it up so she sees douchebag in the act. Are there any famous scenes in films where this happens? Doesn't have to be BIG films, can be indie films too?

My brain's not with it at the moment as recovering from an op so can't quite think of any scenes. But sure there's tonnes...

Thanks, Tracy

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Porting over to Movies, TV and Theater where you'll probably get more responses. :)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
There are plenty of douchebags in movies, but I can't think of a scene where the douchebagness is "revealed."

Never mind, I just thought of one: Leap Year. Not a good movie, but there's one scene when Amy Adams realizes what a douchebag her fiance is.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You know that stoner Harold and whosit movie, the second one? The wedding scene at the end. Very douchbaggedness revealing.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure people may disagree big time with this, But Javier B. from "No country for old men" and let me tell you why.....

We know he's a killer/assassin/ cold hearted prick from the minute the movie opens, but at the end when he hunts down the guys wife after the fact and murders her without any emotion when he could have shown some redemption was for me the ultimate in douchebagness.... I loved it by the way....

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Meet Joe Black. The weasel son-in-law Drew unfairly ousts Anthony Hopkins from his company and when Hopkins later confronts him about it, and gets him to admit it, it's revealed that the company board is listening in on speakerphone, and so they promptly reverse all the wrong-doing and fire his ass. A definite reveal of douchebaggery.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know that stoner Harold and whosit movie, the second one? The wedding scene at the end. Very douchbaggedness revealing.

That's the second one: Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. good call.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I'm sure people may disagree big time with this, But Javier B. from "No country for old men" and let me tell you why.....

We know he's a killer/assassin/ cold hearted prick from the minute the movie opens, but at the end when he hunts down the guys wife after the fact and murders her without any emotion when he could have shown some redemption was for me the ultimate in douchebagness.... I loved it by the way....
Well, that's revealing douchiness to the audience. I think the OP was talking about a character's douchitude being revealed to another character.

Not great movies, but I thought of two:

In The Matchmaker, Denis Leary's character inadvertently reveals the depths of his douchehood when he forgets he's wearing a mic.

In Working Girl, Sigourney Weaver's character, put on the spot and asked to describe exactly how she came up with an idea, is unable to give a good answer, and her boss realizes she stole it from her busty secretary.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe I read about an interview where Paul Reiser said he took his parents to see Aliens, and during the scene where he at last gets his comeuppence, he glanced over at them and they were both nodding with satisfaction at the screen.