Bookfessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Gawd, I only go my new glasses last week, but I was sure this, IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A BOOKFESSION, SEND IT TO MY ASK BOX!, actually said IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A BOOKFESSION, SEND IT TO MY ARSE BOX! :D Ok, back to reading the confessions....

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
My Bookfession:

A bathroom not equipped with at least two books, a few magazines, and the current NYT Book Review is not a home. I'm reading War and Peace entirely during BR time -- the chapters are just the right length.

:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
My bookfession:

A visitor to my home once asked why I had so many books. I said, "Because I like books better than people."

I wasn't joking.

Phaeal

Registered
Reaction score
Well, they have junk hoarding reality shows and animal hoarding reality shows. How about a book hoarding show?

What, not gross enough?

Yeah, you're right, unless, of course, you have so many books that investigators start to find cats squashed to pancakes underneath them.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My bookfession: I narrate my own life in my head. "She pushed the cart down the grocery aisle."

Some days are more interesting to 'read' than others.

Reaction score
Everything that happens in my life - everything - makes me wonder how I can use this in a book.

If not the actual events, then the feelings they bring about. I wonder, "How can I make a character feel such loss/anger/confusion/fear?"

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose my own Bookfession is: I use one of the many facets of my personality to build my characters on, but once that particular facet is down the characters take on whole new lives and perspectives of their own, the wayward buggers.

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Everything that happens in my life - everything - makes me wonder how I can use this in a book.

I do the same thing. I carry a little notebook with me, so I can scribble ideas down as they pop into my head. lol

Reaction score
I do the same thing. I carry a little notebook with me, so I can scribble ideas down as they pop into my head. lol
And everyone who crosses me goes on my "You're in my next book, fucker," list.

Except for one ex-boyfriend who kept calling to ask how the writing was going, and could I hurry up and be published because "I've told everyone at work I used to go out with a writer!"

To which I replied, "You could have still been dating a writer, but you chose not to, so don't blame me if you've lost cool points with the boys."

Anyway, he kept asking, "Can I be in your book?"

I shut the shit down on that line of conversation with, "No, dear. You're just not that interesting."

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
"When a character does something really stupid or embarrassing, I have to close the book and breathe for a second because I can feel their embarrassment."

I sooo do that!

But: "I often read in the shower"?? How do you do that?? I've tried to figure out a way so many times!

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
My bookfession: I narrate my own life in my head. "She pushed the cart down the grocery aisle."

Some days are more interesting to 'read' than others.

Of all pleasantries I endure, pushing the shopping cart down the aisle is not one if I were to include the spontaneous jerks left and right from the ill-kept wheels of the cart. Neither is it a bore as I casually glance left and right looking for the scrawled-out items on the list, some of which have doodles to aid my daft search through the tallysome aisles. But in this great journey of pushing the burdened beast, I come to no great ponderings as the numbers flash dully and the labels discount themselves into a confetti of colours.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of all pleasantries I endure, pushing the shopping cart down the aisle is not one if I were to include the spontaneous jerks left and right from the ill-kept wheels of the cart. Neither is it a bore as I casually glance left and right looking for the scrawled-out items on the list, some of which have doodles to aid my daft search through the tallysome aisles. But in this great journey of pushing the burdened beast, I come to no great ponderings as the numbers flash dully and the labels discount themselves into a confetti of colours.

FTW!

Phaeal

Registered
Reaction score

CGs! That's positively aubergine.

:D

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
But: "I often read in the shower"?? How do you do that?? I've tried to figure out a way so many times!

I read in the shower too. My husband thinks it hillarious, but it's super easy. You just keep the water on your back and your book at eye level and out of the spray. Easy.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Bookfession: Everyone and everything is fair grist for the mill. And I'm always grinding it to dust as we live...on the spot. I steal words, phrases, gestures, clothes, everything I see that I think I can use.

Can't read in the shower, though, unless the Kindle is waterproof...is it waterproof?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like a lot of people in this thread could use these bookshelves.

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
I read in the shower too. My husband thinks it hillarious, but it's super easy. You just keep the water on your back and your book at eye level and out of the spray. Easy.

Ohhh, we have one of those shower cubicles where the water rebounds off the walls and waterlogs EVERYTHING... I've soaked about two books trying to read in there. :D
It's an art I guess, haha!

Suppose I'm gonna have to wait for a waterproof Kindle or something...

Bookfession: Somebody talks about a place and I say, "I've been there!" before realising that I've actually only read about it.

zegota

Fantastic!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewborgard.com
Ohhh, we have one of those shower cubicles where the water rebounds off the walls and waterlogs EVERYTHING... I've soaked about two books trying to read in there. :D
It's an art I guess, haha!

Suppose I'm gonna have to wait for a waterproof Kindle or something...

Bookfession: Somebody talks about a place and I say, "I've been there!" before realising that I've actually only read about it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034C0M0Y/?tag=absowrit-20

Status
Not open for further replies.