PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader for YA urban fantasy - romance

tarkine
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to beta read my 93,000 YA urban fantasy romance. (yes, I know it's long)

Will share a few chapters at first.

I'm after someone who will lread my work and be honest and is willing to explain why they are recommending the changes et al. I do need some hand holding and gentleness.

Happy to read your work in return.

PM me please.

Becca_H
05-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm happy to look for you.

I normally take the full MS in one go. Taking the first few chapters would be okay, but I've never done that before so can't guarantee how good my feedback would be (most of my feedback pours out of my brain when I've finished reading it). So it may just be line edits without an entire MS to look at.

PM me if you're interested.

tarkine
07-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I've got one beta reader, but I'm looking for at least two more.

Basically, my male lead is the king of a secretative race of energy beings from another dimension, hiding on earth from an arranged marriage (and a bunch of other stuff).

He meets a human (Nyssa) who has no energy signature and he sets about trying to figure out why she's not registering any energy and along the way, they fall in love.

But her father who is an abusive alcoholic, goes troppo and shoots her.

As she lays there dying Harland goes against everything, and forces her life force back inside, and discovers why he can't detect her energy.

It's the first book in a trilogy.

Sorry for the brevity of the story outline, I'm rushing through this before my 2 year old can attack the computer.

Happy to beta read your story. I pick up on anomolies in the storyline, or if a character says something that seems out of character, can do grammer and spelling (although I'm no editor).

I'll right comments and notes and explain why I said what I said and I'll also put my 2 cents in and make suggestions. And I'll also cheer and write positive notes.

PM me if you are interested.

tarkine
07-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Thanks folks.

I have got a few beta readers onboard at the moment. Looks like I'm going to be busy reading loads of fabulous stories in return.

Can't wait.