Flash Fiction Forum

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
You may have noticed in the last few days, peeps, that a new forum is accessible from the Short Fiction forum.

The 'new' Flash Fiction forum is actually a reboot of the Suddenly Fiction forum, which had been lying mostly dormant for some time before now. Contrary to what it says beside it in Short Fiction, it's moderated by Sophia and jvc, who've been working very hard to relaunch it. It's part of the AW Writing Lab rather than a subforum of Short Fiction, but it was thought that linking to it from Short Fiction would be a good idea, seeing as flash fiction is a form of short fiction.

It'll also be really great for us W1S1ers, i think, for a couple reasons.

1) Accessible from Flash Fiction is an SYW forum called Polished and Ready (password 'Flashed'), which is specifically for flash fiction. This is great, as it means critters will look at a flash piece as a flash piece, rather than as part of a greater work, which can sometimes happen on the other boards.

2) The Flash Fortnight Challenge. Essentially this will be 14 prompts over 14 days. At the end of the fortnight, you should have 14 pieces of flash, some of which may have potential and some of which might not. Either way, it'll get you writing.

I'll post links to the challenge thread for each month, so we're kept in the loop.

My suggestion: If you put a story up in the Polished and Ready SYW, then throw out a beta/crit request in the appropriate thread here, so as to make sure we don't miss it.

It'd be a shame if all the work Sophia and jvc have put into relaunching Flash Fiction gets lost in the ethers. Fortunately, we're here to assist :D So, let's help get Flash Fiction pumping!

Last edited:

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the idea of the fortnight challenge.

I might give that a go.

Sagana

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a good way to learn to write Flash. I've been wanting to figure that out anyway, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

What's the password for the archive forum?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I like the idea of the fortnight challenge.

I might give that a go.
Yay! :hooray:

That sounds like a good way to learn to write Flash. I've been wanting to figure that out anyway, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

What's the password for the archive forum?
Awesome :) The password should be the same as for Polished and Ready. 'Flashed.'

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sophia has come up with lots of great prompts. Everyone should check it out!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Peeps, the Flash Fiction Challenge is almost ready to kick off for this year. Here's the January thread.

I'll try to do a better job this time around of linking to the monthly prompt threads, though if i miss one, feel free to post the link :)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Oh wow...a flash story a day...I might have to try that out.
Dooo eeeet! :) It's fun. Plus, it's a good opportunity to experiment with different styles and POVs and tenses and stuff.