PDA

View Full Version : Bird Bite!

awatkins
10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
<-- That's Pancho, my beautiful Orange-winged Amazon parrot. He's been with me for a very long time and I love him soooo much. In all these years, he's only bitten me twice and both times it was because my ex was tormenting him.

Fast forward to yesterday: My husband Allen and I have been married 12 years and in all that time, he's managed to avoid being bitten by either of the two parrots. I've warned him repeatedly not to tease the birds because they can and will bite if provoked. Heck, Rio bites even if not provoked! But I digress.

There I was, cleaning the bird cages, while Allen pestered Pancho. Suddenly I heard Pancho make that grouchy little noise that only an irritated Amazon parrot can make. I asked Allen if he was poking at Pancho. He admitted that he was, but said nothing else.

A little while later as he was leaving for school, he said, "Well, it's official."

"What's official?" I asked.

He stuck out his hand and there on his finger was a good-sized, still slightly-bleeding gouge. Yup, he'd received an 'official' bite. (Anybody who keeps parrots knows that a bite isn't a real bite unless it draws blood.) Somehow, I don't think he felt very special, though. :ROFL: