Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know the feeling.

Good luck.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you! We only caught the edge of it so it wasn't too bad. It's been raining on and off all day. Which I'm quite pleased about cos it means I don't need to water the garden! LOL!

This is the first rain we've had in over 3 weeks, which is very unusual for where I live.

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Hey MS,

I love a good thunderstorm. There's something different in the air after one. We haven't had for one ages.

Regards

Whacko

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, Komnena. Luckily I've got a roof over my head (unlike some poor souls) so I wasn't worried about myself. More about my modem and computer getting zapped!

Whacko, I too love a good thunderstorm and have been known to stand out in the pelting warm rain. But that one did seem pretty close....

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Thunderstorms, on the ground, are pretty safe. What to do is count the time between the lightning flashes and the rumble of the thunder. As sound travels about 330 metres a second, you can work out how far away the storm is.

But upstairs?

I was on a flight once, caught between two thunderstorms. We're used to bouncing up and down in an airyplane, right? But this was up, down and side to side. I tell you, it was that bad I even thought about going back to church. After a shower and an extra dose of Persil in the washing.:D

I've been on a couple of flights since then, but never again.

I don't know, so much of the world to annoy and it's a couple of weeks journey without flying. And there's bloody icebergs too!

May as well renew the Discovery Channel subscription.:D

Regards

Whacko