PDA

View Full Version : A writing buddy - short stories and second novel!

Isabelle
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm just beginning to sketch out my ideas for my second novel - it'll be mainstream/contemporary - and also trying to keep up the momentum with regular short stories to improve my style and confidence.

I've been thinking that it would be really great to share the process with someone in a similar position. I don't want to rush into any commitment (not to sound rude! :s) but is anyone on the same sort of road up for maybe sharing a few pieces of writing to see if we'd enjoy reading each other's work and be able to help each other out with spotting issues, and bounce ideas off each other, generally have someone to talk to as we wade through the depths?

To give you an idea of the kind of things that I write (so you know if you'd be immediately bored!), I've posted a couple of short stories in SYW and my writing tends to be about people; about quirky individuals and situations, choosing directions, dealing with being displaced...I study anthropology, so anthropological ideas slip in here and there and I think influence my writing quite a bit.

If anyone's interested, it'd be lovely to talk to you about it.

giantsfan
05-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Isabella,
Please excuse me. I'm very new to this whole scene so am not sure how it works, but your post and writing style seem to fit my own. I've written one terrible novella that has been shelved, and have written and submitted many short stories to no avail as far as pubs go. So I looked online for some way to get critical feedback without paying a mint. I'd love to try and exchange a few stories (or however this works) to see if we are compatible. Many tanks,
Giantsfan