• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta for my YA novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel_Faerie

Type, Read, Delete, Think...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dovecalderwood.com
Hello. I'm looking for someone to help me work on this novel I've been writing for about 3-4 years now. Any kind of help, really. Comments about the plot, grammar corrections, anything, really. I have 50 pages (not much for all the years I've been working on it, I know) and I'm hoping to get the final product to 300 pages before making an attempt at publishing. The plot is sort of complicated, but here's a brief synopsis:

It's about this girl in the 1600s who makes a deal with Death to spare her sister from dying from an illness. She'll replace her sister, but there's a cost. Instead of dying like everyone else when she dies, she'll be born into another life and start all over again. The story then picks back up in modern day. She's on her 17th life.

If you're interested please either reply to this thread or send me a private message. Thank you! :D

P.S: Copyright Angel_Faerie. Steal this story from me and I will lawyer up. This is a passion project for me.

Last edited:

fourlittlebees

chief sitter on people
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.about.me
At 50 pages, you are looking for a writing buddy or a crit partner, not a beta.

What is a Beta?

You might get a better response if you post a bit in Share Your Work. Lots of people are willing to crit, and it usually helps to get feedback from more than one person while you are in process.

Angel_Faerie

Type, Read, Delete, Think...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dovecalderwood.com
At 50 pages, you are looking for a writing buddy or a crit partner, not a beta.

What is a Beta?

You might get a better response if you post a bit in Share Your Work. Lots of people are willing to crit, and it usually helps to get feedback from more than one person while you are in process.

I've posted this in SYW before, but now it's gotten so massive it'd be a big mess to post it in there. And some things wouldn't make sense if I didn't post the entire thing.

Oh, and to the other two who've posted, it was half-sarcastic, half genuine.

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
Oh, and to the other two who've posted, it was half-sarcastic, half genuine.

The part I thought you were being sarcastic about was that someone might steal your work. Stealing ideas? Maybe, but really, who cares? Idea's aren't protected so they're not really stealing anything. I could write a book about a young boy who get's sent to a magic school after he learns he's a wizard and I'd be doing nothing wrong. I would have STOLEN from no one. In fact, Harry Potter wasn't the first such book, and it certainly wasn't the last.

If I were you, I'd worry less about how secure my work was and more about finishing it. At 50 pages you're lucky if you're 20% done. Beta readers aren't going to be much help to you if you haven't finished the story yet.

Anyway, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.