The poster....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang. We have finalized the poster and flyer design, and we should have links on the SoS site soon so that you can download the appropriate version. For now, I thought I'd post a low-res version here so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Remember, this is a low quality image. The actual files will be PDFs.

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 166

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We also have a bookmark which will be available for download as well. Here's a peek at it....

Attachments

• bookmark.jpg
    bookmark.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 164

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Chunky, they look great. But I have one suggestion.

On the bookmarks for my book, I have the ISBN listed under the name. Just in case someone wants to look it up in Bowkers.
<shrug> I guess it's neither here nor there, but you might want to think about it.

What size is that poster going to be in? And are you doing a flyer too, that doesn't have so much... stuff? I only ask b/c color copies are expensive, a grayscale flyer is cheaper to reproduce.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ISBN is there on the bookmark, it's just hard to see in this low-res image. It's right below the website address in the black bar at the bottom. It's also on the poster, the first line in the block of text at the lower half of the black sidebar.

As for various types, we have four versions of each: letter and ledger size for North America, A4 and B4 for Europe & Asia.

The letter and A4 bookmark files have 5 bookmarks, the ledger and B4 bookmark files have 10 bookmarks. There are cutlines in all the bookmark files.

As for greyscale, they'll come out looking fine on a good quality black and white printer/copier using photo/picture settings.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
whoo hoo! I have every good intention of going to the local bookstores in Mountain View and seeing if they'll participate. These promo items will help a lot. Very professional looking!

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Beauty-full! Great job, CC! I cannot wait to get my grimy little hands on 'em!!

I so proud!!

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll pass your kudos along to my co-worker Sharlene, she did virtually all of the work, except for having to put up with me standing over her shoulder and pointing a lot....
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Cards

I'm going to do some more playing around with this. I keep forgetting I have InDesign because I just got it a month or so ago. I have this saved in MSPublisher right now and it's not offering a lot of choices for saving in other formats. Here's what I've got so far (jpg images so the quality is off.). I used email addresses for security rather than putting phone numbers on them. We can filter the nuts and scammers out through email easier than we can through phone numbers but that can be changed to your preference as you'll be editing to add your own information.

I was thinking about something else, too... we could make a bookmark with the same information instead of a business card... similar to Chunky's but for the before purchase. Also I know the availability date is subject to change but that can also be edited when we know for sure.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
shelagh said:
I've posted three bookmarks onto my site for easy download. The jpeg images (5 or 6 to a page) can be inserted into a Word document and printed onto thin card. Please make suggestions or point out any mistakes:

http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk/storiesofstrengthbookmarks.html

Shelagh

Shelagh, These are very nice and clean. I love the poster you did also. I saved them all. On the bookmarks, the cement/flower is a bit stretched and is noticeable; the one in the center. But otherwise I like the cleanliness and straight to the point approach with the design.

There's so many talented folks here at the AWWC. Thanks Chunky and Sharlene for the nice design as well. I have been playing with this in Design CS, but haven't come up with anything as nice as what you all have.

Last edited:

shelagh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Vanessa said:
Shelagh, These are very nice and clean. I love the poster you did also. I saved them all. On the bookmarks, the cement/flower is a bit stretched and is noticeable; the one in the center. But otherwise I like the cleanliness and straight to the point approach with the design.

There's so many talented folks here at the AWWC. Thanks Chunky and Sharlene for the nice design as well. I have been playing with this in Design CS, but haven't come up with anything as nice as what you all have.
Vanessa,
Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the central bookmark. I think it's a big improvement!

Thanks again,
Shelagh

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
Red Alert! Red Alert!

No, really. Don't use JPEG for anything that relies on red - it'll murder the colour. Try saving as a GIF or a PNG instead.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Richard said:
Red Alert! Red Alert!

No, really. Don't use JPEG for anything that relies on red - it'll murder the colour. Try saving as a GIF or a PNG instead.

:)Thanks Richard for that tip. Didn't notice the difference on my site, but will convert the file to gif. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.