Is it better to submit a query at the beginning or the end of the submission window?

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
Assuming my MS is the most wonderful thing that will cross the agent's desk when the period for submissions opens next week, would I be better off striking early when the agent is fresh and in a good mood, or towards the end, when they are jaded and ready to be 'wowed' by my brilliance? :)

Or doesn't it matter?

Jennifer_Laughran

knows what she's looking for when she finds it!
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andreabrownlit.com
You are overthinking it.

If your ms is the most wonderful thing to cross the agents desk, it won't make a lick of difference when you submit it.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Assuming my MS is the most wonderful thing that will cross the agent's desk when the period for submissions opens next week, would I be better off striking early when the agent is fresh and in a good mood, or towards the end, when they are jaded and ready to be 'wowed' by my brilliance? :)

Or doesn't it matter?

It doesn't matter, I'm sure, because they go on a stack to be read by someone. I say it's best to submit it when it's ready whether it's the beginning, middle, or end of the reading period.

Whimsigirl

wishin' and hopin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethlimbooks.com
Don't worry about the agent's reading habits because that's out of your control. What is in your control is that you send your ms when it's ready, and when you're ready.