PDA

View Full Version : Bent Masses: Submissions Needed

slicing_angel2003
04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Bent Masses will be putting out its third issue this month and we are still in need of submissions of flash fiction (under 1000 words) and short fiction (1000 to 6000 words). Authors can supply a short bio with one link to their personal or writing website.

Our goal at Bent Masses is to twist reality, and drop our readers into different worlds filled with limitless imagination. We want works that explore intriguing realms of horror, science fiction, fantasy and the surreal.

Submissions can be sent to editor@bentmasses.com

Full submission guidelines can be read here: http://bentmasses.com/Submissions.html

Thanks

Unimportant
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Just noting a typo on your website (except should be accept), and "writers retain all rights" is not quite correct: if a writer gives you permission to publish their story, then they are giving to you first electronic rights, which can only be used once.

slicing_angel2003
04-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. Adjustments will be made.

Unimportant
04-30-2011, 03:59 AM
My pleasure. ;-)

slicing_angel2003
05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Just an update.

Bent Masses still needs one or two pieces for the third issue which is due to come out the 15th of this month. I welcome all types of sci-fi, horror, fantasy, surreal, and would consider some supernatural. The exception is erotica. Please do not send these types of stories.

slicing_angel2003
05-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Hello all. I am still looking for submissions for the forth issue of Bent Masses. As always the writers will get a bio that can include a link to their website. I am also hoping to start a Publication Update section for writers very soon. Writers who have work appear in Bent Masses will get a notice posted on Bent Masses if they choose when they have a book published.

slicing_angel2003
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I finally got the 4th issue out and thought I bump this thread up a little to let everyone know the 5th issue still needs some stories. Those writers who are published in Bent Masses will get a free book announcement that lasts for six months. Authors will still get their bio. I would love some fantasy pieces for this issue, but sci-fi, horror and the surreal are still more than welcome. Thanks everyone!

Jessie