Status
Not open for further replies.

proudtobedad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerganedwards-stout.com
Hi there,

A friend suggested using literary blogs as a way of helping promote my book, which has yet to be published, so I am trying to develop a target list. Obviously, there are tons of blogs out there, and my searches have led me all over the place.

Does anyone know of any lists that might be out there of the best/biggest high-traffic blogs for literary fiction? While my book is in that genre, the lead character is gay and there are LGBT themes, so blogs in that area would be appreciated too.

Any help on places to help promote it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There are some lists of book review blogs on AW: you might want to search for them.

Otherwise, I think your best bet is to find blogs which look interesting and start to participate in the conversations there. I get lots of requests from writers who want to use my blog to promote their work: I rarely agree unless I know of the writer, and they've already added to the discussions on my blog. I don't like to feel used.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
You might find blogs by people who review self-pubbed books and send them your book.

Not saying that you would, but some people do: Drive-by postings to advertise a book are usually deleted on sight.

AyJay

Luv's Conscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
andrewjpeterswrites.com
This is an area where I'm also looking for new ideas, so I'm looking forward to responses as much as you, Proud.

The main sites/blogs that I check in with are already known to you, I think. Lambda Literary and AfterElton get lots of traffic. AfterElton has a literary forum that is pretty active, plus Brent Hartinger does a book review column there every two weeks or so. (neither site has brought me much traffic though...getting a guest column or book review would be a great way to raise your profile)

Another thing I've done is 'follow' or participate at other author's site, those who have a similar readership. There are also some writers communities that have promotional opportunities--Writers Cafe and Red Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.