Searching within a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetO

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to search for occurrences of an agent's name, but when I do that (in the Bewares... topic) it brings me to the entire thread---meaning I have to scroll through every post in the thread to find the bolded text I'm searching for. Rather laborious. Is there a way to search the thread itself?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yup - in the blue menu bar just above your post, you'll see a drop-down menu item called "Search this Thread". If you click on it, it will bring up a search box. If that doesn't do what you want, try clicking on the Advanced Search link just below the search box.

dgaughran

Banned
Reaction score
Website
davidgaughran.wordpress.com
For me, the handiest way of searching this site is to do a "Site Search" on Google.

in your address bar, just type in "site:absolutewrite.com/forum [SEARCH TERM]" and Google will restrict the results to this forum.

You can also search sub-forums that way too, and individual threads.

Deleted member 42

Or you can scroll to the bottom left of any page and use the dedicated Google site-search box.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
And for searching inside a thread, Ctrl-F will Find a word or phrase.

Deleted member 42

I'd like to search for occurrences of an agent's name, but when I do that (in the Bewares... topic) it brings me to the entire thread---meaning I have to scroll through every post in the thread to find the bolded text I'm searching for. Rather laborious. Is there a way to search the thread itself?

When you use Advanced search, there's an option to list Posts or Threads.

Click the option to list Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.