Much to my surprise, I'm getting published

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
Sorta. Co-author credit.

So it was like this: I was working on an architecture project, renovating a historic building. One of my assignments was to inspect the building and write a report, on the state of the building, what renovations have taken place in the past, what has been changed from the original drawings, what is missing and what has been added, etc etc which I did. I tried to be thourough. Everyone seemed to like it.

In order to get a permit to renovate this building, we had to submit a report on the historic significance, context, etc of the building and how the renovation will impact it. For this task we hired a consultant. The consultant wrote an in depth and excellent historical analysis, but elected to use my report on the buildings condition instead of doing the same thing I did all over again.

The complete report was considered to be above and beyond what was asked for, and received a Historic Preservation award.

So it was decided to do a limited publishing of the whole thing, with me being down as a co-author.

It's to be a limited run sort of thing. You won't see it in bookstores, unless you go to the one in the MN Historical Society building. Perhaps it may be used as a textbook or something.

But hey! My name in print, and I'm not paying for it. That's a win.

I want to thank everyone here for helping me hone my skills. Frankly, I didn't expect anything to come of it.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's wonderful :)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Wow, brilliant! Congratulations!

And historical architecture preservation, a fun topic!

(Seriously, growing up I pored over old pamphlets on Sutton Hoo and old Boston buildings and the like.)

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Brilliant! Love how it fell into place :) Congrats!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Alan Yee

Still Here!