Looking For Tech Admin & CIOs

speel00

Registered
Reaction score
I am writing an article on provisioning devices and issues that come along with that. I need to ask a couple of questions regarding that issue. Can anybody on here answer these or can direct me to someone who can?

Thanks in advance!

KQ800

Registered
Reaction score
I work in IT-security, and I work with sysops and CIO:s. What do you want to know?

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I'm the CIO for a regional education office, along with being the lead Network Admin, providing planning and technical support for way too many school districts in the midwest (US). :)

We have a number of IT related folks here in the 'Cooler. I'd suggest the following: Ask your questions, and ask the members responding to provide a bit of their occupational history along with the answer, in order to give you the background that informed their opinion and POV. Good luck, and Welcome to the 'Cooler.

speel00

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Here are my following questions, I may have to PM you for background info so that you don't have to post for the public. But here they are.

How is provisioning devices that use subscription modes tough for network admins? As an example, if someone was to bring a smartphone into a job that needed to be provisioned for the company's network.

What are some of the common issues they face with it?

Does the network already on the device make provisioning harder?

Is there ever a time when you cannot provision a device for a certain network?

How is provisioning a cell phone and laptop differ from each other?

Does a cell phone's limited hardware affect provisioning?

What happens to the network that was pre-installed once it is provisioned to work on the company's network?

Are companies placing limits on BYOD devices?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted member 42

You would likely have better result regarding provisioning if you contacted network admins with many routers, or cable companies.