PDA

View Full Version : A New Scam (not Nigerian)

euclid
04-26-2011, 06:21 PM
I received this by eMail a few moments ago:

I'm sorry to disturb you with this proposal. My name is Sarah Cole, I'm a Brit who lives in London. I attend university and work part time as a dress maker. I lost my father in an auto accident prompting my mothers death because of it.
My Father, James Cole, willed me a large portion of his real estate holdings and income properties valued at 50,700,000 Pounds Sterling. I have yet to place a claim on it but right now things are not good and I'd like to have it.
My Fathers stipulation was that I was either 30 years of age or married (allowing my Husband to be in control). I am 26 so only my husband can make a claim on my behalf.I'd like to offer you the opportunity to stand in as my Husband and will share 40% of it for your assistance. I plan on using 10% for any travel or legal expense incurred. I am trusting you will keep this matter and this proposal completly confidential, as I will.
I'm waiting for you to get back to me as I'd like to get started as soon as we can.

:D Gave me a laugh, anyway!!

Any takers?

alleycat
04-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Change the name to Kate Middleton and forward it to all your friends (after removing any links).

euclid
04-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Change the name to Kate Middleton and forward it to all your friends (after removing any links).

Who the heck is Kate Middletown?

Maryn
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Wow, you have escaped the Royal Wedding which has overtaken the airwaves!

Maryn, duly impressed

euclid
04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
No, just cocking a snook at royal weddings. My invitation must have gone astray. The same thing happened with Charles and Diana's wedding. It's all the royal mail's fault.

benbradley
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I recall this one, but I understand this person no longer has those phone numbers and email address:

URGENT ASSISTANCE - FROM USA
IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED: HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL
FROM: GEORGE WALKER BUSH 202.456.1414 / 202.456.1111 FAX: 202.456.2461

DEAR SIR / MADAM,

I AM GEORGE WALKER BUSH, SON OF THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED
STATES OF AMERICA GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH, AND CURRENTLY SERVING AS
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS LETTER MIGHT SURPRISE
YOU BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT MET NEITHER IN PERSON NOR BY CORRESPONDENCE. I
CAME TO KNOW OF YOU IN MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE PERSON TO
HANDLE A VERY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS TRANSACTION, WHICH INVOLVES THE
TRANSFER OF A HUGE SUM OF MONEY TO AN ACCOUNT REQUIRING MAXIMUM
CONFIDENCE.

I AM WRITING YOU IN ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE PRIMARILY TO SEEK YOUR
ASSISTANCE IN ACQUIRING OIL FUNDS THAT ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN THE
REPUBLIC OF IRAQ. MY PARTNERS AND I SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE IN
COMPLETING A TRANSACTION BEGUN BY MY FATHER, WHO HAS LONG BEEN ACTIVELY
ENGAGED IN THE EXTRACTION OF PETROLEUM IN THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA,AND BRAVELY SERVED HIS COUNTRY AS DIRECTOR OF THE UNITED STATES
CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.IN THE DECADE OF THE NINETEEN-EIGHTIES, MY
FATHER, THEN VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SOUGHT TO
WORK WITH THE GOOD OFFICES OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ TO
REGAIN LOST OIL REVENUE SOURCES IN THE NEIGHBORING ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF
IRAN. THIS UNSUCCESSFUL VENTURE WAS SOON FOLLOWED BY A FALLING-OUT WITH
HIS IRAQI PARTNER, WHO SOUGHT TO ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL OIL REVENUE SOURCES
IN THE NEIGHBORING EMIRATE OF KUWAIT, A WHOLLY-OWNED U.S.-BRITISH
SUBSIDIARY.

MY FATHER RE-SECURED THE PETROLEUM ASSETS OF KUWAIT IN 1991 AT A COST OF
SIXTY-ONE BILLION U.S. DOLLARS ($61,000,000,000). OUT OF THAT
COST,THIRTY-SIX BILLION DOLLARS ($36,000,000,000) WERE SUPPLIED BY HIS
PARTNERS IN THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA AND OTHER PERSIAN GULF
MONARCHIES, AND SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS ($16,000,000,000) BY GERMAN AND
JAPANESE PARTNERS. BUT MY FATHER'S FORMER IRAQI BUSINESS PARTNER
REMAINED IN CONTROL OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ AND ITS PETROLEUM RESERVES.

MY FAMILY IS CALLING FOR YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE IN FUNDING THE REMOVAL
OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ AND ACQUIRING THE PETROLEUM
ASSETS OF HIS COUNTRY, AS COMPENSATION FOR THE COSTS OF REMOVING HIM
FROM POWER. UNFORTUNATELY, OUR PARTNERS FROM 1991 ARE NOT WILLING TO
SHOULDER THE BURDEN OF THIS NEW VENTURE, WHICH IN ITS UPCOMING PHASE MAY
COST THE SUM OF 100 BILLION TO 200 BILLION DOLLARS ($100,000,000,000
-$200,000,000,000), BOTH IN THE INITIAL ACQUISITION AND IN LONG-TERM
MANAGEMENT. WITHOUT THE FUNDS FROM OUR 1991 PARTNERS, WE WOULD NOT BE
ABLE TO ACQUIRE THE OIL REVENUE TRAPPED WITHIN IRAQ. THAT IS WHY MY
FAMILY AND OUR COLLEAGUES ARE URGENTLY SEEKING YOUR GRACIOUS
ASSISTANCE. OUR DISTINGUISHED COLLEAGUES IN THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION
INCLUDE THE SITTING VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
RICHARD CHENEY,WHO IS AN ORIGINAL PARTNER IN THE IRAQ VENTURE AND FORMER
HEAD OF THE HALLIBURTON OIL COMPANY, AND CONDOLEEZA RICE, WHOSE
PROFESSIONAL DEDICATION TO THE VENTURE WAS DEMONSTRATED IN THE NAMING OF
A CHEVRON OIL TANKER AFTER HER. I WOULD BESEECH YOU TO TRANSFER A SUM
EQUALING TEN TO TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT (10-25 %) OF YOUR YEARLY INCOME TO
OUR ACCOUNT TO AID IN THIS IMPORTANT VENTURE. THE INTERNAL REVENUE
SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WILL FUNCTION AS OUR TRUSTED
INTERMEDIARY. I PROPOSE THAT YOU MAKE THIS TRANSFER BEFORE THE FIFTEENTH
(15TH) OF THE MONTH OF APRIL. I KNOW THAT A TRANSACTION OF THIS
MAGNITUDE WOULD MAKE ANYONE APPREHENSIVE AND WORRIED. BUT I AM ASSURING
YOU THAT ALL WILL BE WELL AT THE END OF THE DAY. A BOLD STEP TAKEN SHALL
NOT BE REGRETTED, I ASSURE YOU. PLEASE DO BE INFORMED THAT THIS BUSINESS
TRANSACTION IS 100% LEGAL. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO CO-OPERATE IN THIS
TRANSACTION,PLEASE CONTACT OUR INTERMEDIARY REPRESENTATIVES TO FURTHER
DISCUSS THE MATTER. I PRAY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND OUR PLIGHT. MY FAMILY
AND OUR COLLEAGUES WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL.

PLEASE REPLY IN STRICT CONFIDENCE TO THE CONTACT NUMBERS
BELOW.

SINCERELY WITH WARM REGARDS, GEORGE WALKER BUSH

Switchboard: 202.456.1414 Comments: 202.456.1111 Fax: 202.456.2461
Email: president@whitehouse.gov

writerterri
04-26-2011, 09:30 PM
You know if I had a large portion of money willed to me I'd ask someone in my own town to collect it for me that's how stupid those kind of letters are. Why would you think you were so sly as to ask someone in a different country to collect it for you?

I don't know who's dumber the person who sends the email or the person who falls for it.

Do we really lack that much common sense?

Captain Scarf
04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I highly doubt they are British. No one in Britain says "auto accident". Car accident would be more fitting.

euclid
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I highly doubt they are British. No one in Britain says "auto accident". Car accident would be more fitting.

Good point.

I thought she might be related to Martina Cole.

sassandgroove
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
well who would say they are a "Brit living in London"?
Wouldn't they just say they live in London? I mean if you were a Brit in New York you might possibly say it...

dpaterso
04-26-2011, 10:00 PM
The infamous "Victorian Heiress With Strict Father" scam was originally drafted longhand in 1890 and has been making the rounds ever since. The original sum was twenty-five guineas, eleven shillings and sixpence.

-Derek

euclid
04-26-2011, 10:08 PM
The infamous "Victorian Heiress With Strict Father" scam was originally drafted longhand in 1890 and has been making the rounds ever since. The original sum was twenty-five guineas, eleven shillings and sixpence.

-Derek

I think I got that email too.

Silver King
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
I also received a painful attempt at a scam recently, which I've copied below:

Hello

Good day and compliments, i know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine my future and continued existence.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sgt John Moore, a US Marine Sgt. serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment which Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you.

I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of 25million USD (Twenty Five Million USD) to the States or any safe country,as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:

Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's old Presidential Palaces during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared amongst us.This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole.

The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a British contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention.I will give you 25% of the total sum.

This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but i pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship. My first demand to you is to ask you for your strict confidentiality on this transaction and total trust too, these two things are the most important things needed to conclude this transaction.

Required Details
Full Name:
Full Address:
Phone Number:

Get back to me with the above details so that they can make delivery of the consignment to your Doorstep.

Respectfully,

Sgt. John Moore,
United States Marine Corps. IRAQ.

Alessandra Kelley
04-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Haven't there been an awful lot of scams lately which involve wiring money to London?

Yeshanu
04-27-2011, 03:27 AM

-Derek

It was a plot in a Regency Romance I've read, only the heroine had the good sense to find a man who she already knew to help her claim her inheritance. She ended up with the man and no inheritance. Maybe this is a last-ditch attempt to snare a husband? :D

benbradley
04-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Haven't there been an awful lot of scams lately which involve wiring money to London?
Yeah, and those may actually be from a friend's email address. The scammers phish for passwords then send a "Hi, I'm stuck in London, lost my wallet and passport!" email to everyone on the contact list. Some people, recognizing the sender's name and email address, won't think twice and will gladly send cash through Western Union to help a friend out without checking to see that the person is actually still at home, wondering why they can't log into their Yahoo account, and had no plans to go to London or wherever else the scammer might say they are.

Captain Scarf
04-27-2011, 04:01 AM

No no. The Bankers ran off with all our money, got bailed out by the government, then ran off with our money again. It's easy to get confused between scam and state sponsored rip off.

benbradley
04-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Watch out, or this thread will get moved to P&CE!

Phantom Rottweiler
04-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Oh gawd the infamous email scams...I got a story of one of my own that I feel very proudly of :D

Long story short - I kept getting spam emails from someone claiming to be a higher-agent for the FBI concerning illegal money wires out of Nigeria. I saw it as spam/scam from the horrid spelling, atrocious grammar and what not. Let's just say I forwarded it to the REAL FBI cyber devision, and never heard from them again.

I guess the feds don't like people impersonating them...

euclid
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh gawd the infamous email scams...I got a story of one of my own that I feel very proudly of :D

Long story short - I kept getting spam emails from someone claiming to be a higher-agent for the FBI concerning illegal money wires out of Nigeria. I saw it as spam/scam from the horrid spelling, atrocious grammar and what not. Let's just say I forwarded it to the REAL FBI cyber devision, and never heard from them again.

I guess the feds don't like people impersonating them...

I bet that's in someone's in-tray, pending investigation, gathering dust.

Thump
04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Seems like a good place to share this The most trusted man in Nigeria (http://www.thefump.com/fump.php?id=77)

JimmyB27
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, and those may actually be from a friend's email address. The scammers phish for passwords then send a "Hi, I'm stuck in London, lost my wallet and passport!" email to everyone on the contact list. Some people, recognizing the sender's name and email address, won't think twice and will gladly send cash through Western Union to help a friend out without checking to see that the person is actually still at home, wondering why they can't log into their Yahoo account, and had no plans to go to London or wherever else the scammer might say they are.
I got a Facebook IM message from a guy supposedly stuck in London. I got immediately suspicious and said "Hey, I can't remember - how did we meet again?' and he went strangely quiet...

ConChron
04-27-2011, 05:37 PM
My sister fell for a similar scam, she ... well, she rarely use her brain. (There are claims that she has none, but that has not been proven yet.) We all explained to her that she was not about to become a millionaire and that she would never see the money she sent again. She insisted that she was right and we were wrong, for years.

That's not the end of the story. The scammers contacted her again, three years later and apologized for leaving her waiting. Now she was about the get the millions, if she only paid them some more. And that she did. She's been planning what to do with her millions for 5 years now...

As dumb as those scams are... there is always someone dumber that will fall for it.

euclid
05-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Just arrived:

We are proud to bring you the qualitative diplomas: Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate (PHD).
Why people are now considering moving to the land of opportunity?
. to become financially successful
. to become professionally experienced
. to be a prosperous person
Everything you can get easier, faster and cheaper!
Are you interested? Contact us. The professional help for everyone is guaranteed.

+ 1 - 646 - 537 - 1732

We need your infarmation:
1) Your Name
2) Your Country
3) Telephone No. with a code of country if you are outside USA

Do Not Reply to this Email.
We do not reply to text inquiries, and our server will reject all response traffic.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

JoNightshade
05-02-2011, 02:13 AM
I work for a travel related company and we have a ton of clients traveling at any one time - so when I got that "Help, I'm stuck in London and just got mugged!" email, it actually fooled me long enough to read the whole thing. :)

Max Vaehling
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Actually, the thread title seems a bit misleading. Structurally, the first scam reads a lot like the classical Nigerian one. [/nitpicking]

Here's my favorite. I liked it so much I featured it in the extras section of a comic book that partly deals with scams. What I like about it, it's a scam about scams. Meta-scam, if you will:

BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
Metro Plaza, Plot 991/992
Zakari Maimalari Street
Cadastral Zone AO,
Central Business District, Abuja.
Phone : +2347041239172.

ATTENTION

The BRITISH High Commission in Nigeria,Benin Republic,Ghana and Bokinafaso received a report of scam against you and other British/US citizens and Malaysia,Etc. whom the country of Nigeria/Benin,Bokinafaso And Ghana have recompensed you due to meeting held with Four countries Government and the world high commissions against fraud activities by the Four country Citizens

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Nigeria Financial Intelligent Unit (NFIU). A re compensation has been issued out in ATM DEBIT CARD to all the affected victims and has been already in distribution to all the bearers. Your ATM CARD was among those that was reported undelivered as at last Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Committee to make sure you receives your ATM CARD immediately for your usage.

NFIU further told us that the use of Nigeria Couriers and the Benin was abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned courier services in Benin,Nigeria and Ghana and thereby have made a concrete arrangement with the DHL Courier Company for a safe delivery to your door-step once the beneficiary meets up the demand of the conveyance.

We advise that you do the needful to make sure the NFIU dispatches your recompense on Friday. You are assured of the safety of your ATM CARD and availability and be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake lawyers and security companies who in collaboration scammed you. Call me at: +2347041239172 immediately to check if the delivery date suits you.

Your Full Name:......................
Your Delivery Address....................
Your phone Number......................

Yours in Service,
Agent John Simmons
CONSULAR/DIPLOMAT
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
ABUJA.

euclid
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
That's a beaut, Max!

Dangard
05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
That first one does sound alot like the Nigerian ones I poke fun at. I just did my first reply in a long time tonight, here's what I usually do with them:
FROM THE DESK OF MADAM UKA KABORE
THE AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING
SECTION MANAGER BANK OF AFRICA,
(B.O.A.) OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO .

Dear Friend

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I am the Auditing and Accounting section manager in Bank Of Africa (B.O.A) Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. I Hope that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($14) Million US dollars to your account within 10 or 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our Bank without claim. I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer I don't want the money to go into government treasury as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why I am contacting you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer.

Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested. Upon receipt of your reply, I will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 40% of the above mentioned sum while 50% will be for me, and the other 10% will be for the expenses occur in this transaction,

if you agree to handle this business with me. I am expecting your urgent respond.

1. NAME IN FULL:
2. ADDRESS:
3. NATIONALITY:
4. AGE:
5. Sex :
6. OCCUPATION:

7. MARITAL

8. PHONE :

9. FAX: -

BEST REGAD
MADAM UKA KABORE

FROM THE DESK OF DR. SR. MR. MISTER
DARONG GHUYTAPHUQWIT
ABSOLUTE BASTARD STILL IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING
BOA CONSTRICTORS DO NOT GO OOGA BOOGA

Dear Friend
Thank you for the message; it was very much a surprise? I was not aware of a relative being killed in a plane crash? Was it my rich uncle, Daryght Ghuytaphuqwit? Please do not decompose on me for anyone’s benefit, that would necessitate you dying first.
If your business requires executing someone, I’m not sure I could handle that. Are you saying that you executed my uncle so I could get the money? I’m a little lost here, it sounds to me like you killed my uncle so you could get half of his money…..

euclid
05-30-2011, 12:42 AM
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TQ,
United Kingdom.

Attention:

The British High Commission in Nigeria, Benin Republic, Ghana and Burkina Faso received a report of scam against you and other British/US and Malaysian citizens, Etc. The countries of Nigeria, Benin Republic, Burkina Faso and Ghana have recompensed you following the meeting held with the four countries' Government and various countries' high commission for the fraudulent activities carried out by the four countries' Citizens.

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Nigeria Financial Intelligent Unit (NFIU). Compensation has been issued out in Certified Bank Drafts to all the affected victims and has been already been in distribution to all the bearers. Your draft was among those that were reported undelivered as at on Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Committee to make sure you receive your draft immediately.According to the number of applicants at hand, 184 Beneficiaries has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States, and we still have more 37 left to be paid the compensations of $1,000,000.00 USD each.

Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason whatsoever as the U.S. secret service is already on trace of the other criminals.So keep it secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible consideration.

NFIU further told us that the use of Nigeria and Ghana Couriers was abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned courier services in Benin, Nigeria and Ghana and thereby have made a concrete arrangement with the Courier Company for a safe delivery to your door-step once the beneficiary meets up the demand of the conveyance.We advise that you do the needful to make sure the NFIU dispatches your Draft on Friday.

You are assured of the safety of your draft and availability. Be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake lawyers and security companies who in collaboration scammed you. Get back to me immediately through my assistant Mrs.Jessica Godard (jessicagodard@ymail.com) with your correct full details (Full Name, Contact Address And Reachable Telephone Number) to check if the delivery date suits you.

Yours in Service,

Mrs. Jessica Godard.

euclid
05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Dear Friend,
With due respect to your person and great sincerity of purpose in which I decide to contact you as I believe you will be of great assistance to me. Meanwhile, it's just my urgent need for foreign partner that made me to contact you for this transaction. I am a banker by profession from Burkina Faso in West Africa and currently holding the post of Director Auditing and Accounting unit of the bank. I have the opportunity of transferring the left over funds ($11.5 million) of one of my bank clients who died along with his entire family on 31 July 2000 in a plane crash. You can confirm the genuiness of the deceased death by clicking on this web site. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm)

Hence, I am inviting you for a business deal where this money can be shared between us in the ratio of 60/40. If you agree to my business proposal. further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as i receive your return mail.
Have a great day.
Yours.
Dr. Tony Pham
Reply to my new email address.
Email: tony0pham@voila.fr (http://us.mc595.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tony0pham@voila.fr)

euclid
05-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Dearest in Christ,

GREETING IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD

I hope you will not be embarrassed receiving this mail as we have not had previous correspondences on this. I got your email address through the assistance of Microsoft church directory system.

I hope you will not impede the trust and confidence I repose in you. In brief
introduction I am Mrs Adja Umaro, from Saudi Arabia. I am married to late Mr Didier Umaro,Who worked with Saudi Arabia Embassy in Ivory Coast for Twenty years before he died in the year 2009,after a brief illness that lasted for only five days.

We were married for Eighteen years without a child. Before the untimely death of my husband, we were both born again Christians. Since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.

When my late husband was alive he kept the sum of (US$8,500,000 M)(Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollar) in a General Trust Account with a prime bank in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire in Africa, and this money is still in the bank.

Recently, following my ill health, Doctors have told me of my detoriating ill health due to my cancer problem. Having known my condition, I decided to donate this fund to a Christian organization (Church) or believer in Christ who will utilize this money the way

I am going to instruct herein, according to the desire of my late husband before his death.

I want this fund to be used in Christian Activities like, Orphanages, Christian schools, and Churches for propagating the word of God and to endeavour that the house of God is maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are still muslems and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way.

This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace.

I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible.

As soon as I receive your reply, I shall give you the contact of the bank in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. I will also give you the document that will prove that you the present beneficiary of this fund.

I want you and the Church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard.My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth.

Please always be prayerful all through your life. Contact me on this e-mail address (adjaumaro@yahoo.com) any delay in your reply might be a reason for me to contact another believer or Church for this same purpose.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.

Remain blessed in the Lord.

Yours in Christ
Mrs Umaro Adja

Max Vaehling
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Ooh, I like the bible twist.

euclid
06-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Toyota Car Lottery International Promotions
Customer Service DepartmentToyota Motor Corporations,
Thailand.1-4 samoprakan Nua Rd.Fl 11 ,
Toyota Bldg ,
Bangkok 10500,Thailand.

TOYOTA MOTORS CORPORATION INTERNATIONAL.

PRIZE NOTIFICATION 2011 NEW CARS PROMOTION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws held on the 5th OF March,2011 by Toyota Motor Company in conjunction with the Japan International Email Lottery Worldwide Promotion,your email address was among the 20 Lucky winners who won US$1,000,000.00 each on the Toyota Motors Company Email Promotion programme dated as stated above.This is from the total price of $20 million United State Dollars ($20,000,000.00usd)shared among the 20 lucky winners.You are therefore approved for a lump payment of US$1,000,000.00 Dollars,in cash

However the results were released and declared on the 20th OF April 2011, and your email address attached to ticket number 4500542188(TMPWAYZ20051), with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky number 3,8,13,22, 5, 0,27,41 and bonus number 12,your Reference Number:FLS433/453L/GMSA.

The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 35,031 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet.However your tickets was payed for by other companies and all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy

The selection process was carried out through a random selection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world. This Email Lottery Promotion is approved by the Japanese Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

This lottery is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the general public about the new cars(Toyota motors 2011 latest cars).As indicated by the computerized selection machine,your lucky winning number falls within our Asia booklet representative office here in THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND as showed in the coupon.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential and private until your claim is processed and your money remitted to you with payment methods chosen/most suitable to you.This is part of our precautionary and security measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

In other to claim your ($1,000,000.00) winning prize,which has been deposited with The paying Banks in Bangkok Thailand and the United kingdom, Remember to indicate your reference Number (FLS433/453L/GMSA) to make sure that your winning prize ($1,000,000.00) One Milion United States Dollars reaches you intact and complete.

However,you are required to fill the form below, and send it to the online promotion manager of THE TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION for verification and then you will be directed to the paying bank for immediate process and approval of your winning fund, of USd$1,000,000.00 and it has already been deposited in your favor under your email address.

FILL THE FORM BELOW;

NAME:.............................................
SEX:.............................................. ..
ADDRESS:(RESIDENT ADDRESS ONLY).....................
YOUR OTHER EMAIL:...................................
PHONE:............................................ ..
AMOUNT WON.........................................
SHORT COMMENT ON OUR PRODUCTS .......................

Please you are adviced to complete the form and send it immediately to our Promotion manager through email for prompt collection of your fund(CONTACT PROMOTION MANAGER)TOYOTA MOTORS FOREIGN SERVICES MANAGER

NAME:Peter Somchai
TELEPHONE:+66 8-7828-1432
EMAIL: toyota2010@info.al (toyota2010@info.al)

WARNING !!

You are to keep all the winning information away from the general public especially your ticket number and ballot number.(this is important as a case of double claiming will not be entertained) Staff of Toyota Motor Company and the Japanese International Lottery Company are not to partake in this Lottery. Accept my hearty congratulations once again! for being selected among the 20 lucky winners .

Yours faithfully,

Yasumori Ihara
TOYOTA MOTORS CORPORATION LTD.
www.Toyota.co.th (http://www.toyota.co.th/)

benbradley
06-04-2011, 08:14 AM
You know if I had a large portion of money willed to me I'd ask someone in my own town to collect it for me that's how stupid those kind of letters are. Why would you think you were so sly as to ask someone in a different country to collect it for you?

I don't know who's dumber the person who sends the email or the person who falls for it.

Do we really lack that much common sense?
When it's virtually free to crack and hijack computers and send such emails by the hundreds of millions, just getting a couple of people to contact you and be convinced you're "for real" is profitable.

But yes, some people do lack that much common sense. Unfortunately, many of them now have email addresses.

My sister fell for a similar scam, she ... well, she rarely use her brain. (There are claims that she has none, but that has not been proven yet.) We all explained to her that she was not about to become a millionaire and that she would never see the money she sent again. She insisted that she was right and we were wrong, for years.

That's not the end of the story. The scammers contacted her again, three years later and apologized for leaving her waiting. Now she was about the get the millions, if she only paid them some more. And that she did. She's been planning what to do with her millions for 5 years now...

As dumb as those scams are... there is always someone dumber that will fall for it.
Hmm, the "comeback" stories I've heard of involve a different sort of scam: "We understand you're a victim of an Internet scam. We'll gladly help you get back your losses, just send by Western Union..."

You don't have to be very smart (or be able to spell) to find people dumber than you, just persistent.

euclid
06-04-2011, 01:08 PM
What worries me is that my eMail address is being targeted by these scams. I'm getting about 4 per week now. I got one from "sexynelly" last week, not offering money, but "friendship". I am on the brink of publishing my first eBook and everything is anchored to my eMail address.

Max Vaehling
06-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Actually, it's not about stupidity. Even smart people can fall for this. The trick is, the scammers make the prospect so high that it's beyond the dimensions where you're used to estimating risks. You lose perspective and get so overwhelmed that the prospect can override your concerns.

It's the equivalent of "...and we're not just practically giving you this car at only $20,000, we even throw this nice Sponge Bob figurine in for free!" Do that long and persistently enough, and you'll have the smartest people thinking they've scammed you.

Mr Flibble
06-04-2011, 05:45 PM
One of my hubby's emails got hacked the other day. I did think it was a BIT odd of him to send me a link to a 'Grow your penis!' website...

euclid
06-04-2011, 06:36 PM
ATTENTION BENEFICIARY

Immediate ATM DEBIT Cash Card Payment Notification

Your Name And Your Contact Details Was Given To This Office In Respect Of Your Total lnherited/Contract Sum Owed To You Which You Have Failed To Claim Because Of Either Non-Compliance Of Official Processes Or Because Of
Your Unbelief Of The Reality Of Your Genuine Payment. We Wish To Bring To You The Solution To This Problem.

Right Now We Have Arranged Your Payment Through Our Swift Card Payment CentersWorld bank. This Card Center Will Send To You An ATM DEBIT Card Which You Will Use To Withdraw Your
Money In Any ATM Machine In Any Part Of The World, So If You Like To Receive Your Fund In This Way, Please Let Us Know By Contacting Us Back And Also Send The Following Information As Listed Below.

1. Full Name
2. Phone And Fax Number
3. Address Were You Want Them To Send The ATM Card To (P.O Box Not Acceptable)
4. Your Age And Current Occupation
5. Attach Copy Of Your Identification
6. city
7. state
8. zipcode

We Have Been Mandated By The United Kingdom Parliament To Issue Out $2.6 Million As Part Payment For This fiscal year 2010 to you. Also For Your Information, You
Have To Stop Any Further Communication With Any Other Person (S) Or Office(S) To Avoid Any Hitches In Receiving Your Payment.Note That Because Of Impostors, We Hereby Issued You Our Code Of Conduct, Which Is (ATM-110)
So You Have To Indicate This Code When Contacting The Card Center By Using It As Your Subject.

You are to forward your above requested information to the
below contact person.

Contact person: Mr James Brooks:
Contact Email Address : atmpaymentunit053@yahoo.com
Phone Number : +44703591116

i Wait For Your Expedite Response.

Mr , Mervyn King

Governor Bank of England

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I Love The Way Every Word Starts With A Capital Letter.

euclid
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Dear friend,E;ail me here EMAIL philip4man@hotmail.com

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I am Mr philip from UK the Accounting and Auditing Manager bank of Europe

I hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of (usd$10.5m) million to your account within 10 to 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our bank without claim. I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer (the owner of the account) died along with his supposed next of kin in an air crash since July, 2006.

I don't want the money to go into our bank treasurer account as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why I contacted you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not upon receipt of your reply, I will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 35% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to handle this business with me? And 10% will be set aside for any expenses that warrant on the process before the fund get into your bank account such as telephone calls bills

Best Regards,
Mr philip
update me EMAIL philip4man@hotmail.com

Walla! Mail - Get your free unlimited mail today (http://www.walla.com/)

Silver King
06-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Received this one today as an investment opportunity for a "money spinning project":

Hello,

I crave your indulgence for the unsolicited nature of this letter, but it was borne out of desperation and opportunity which has to be utilized.I deem it necessary to partner with you in this lucrative business opportunity. I'm talking about crude oil trading! Crude oil trading is considered as the most legitimate and fastest money making machinery anyone can setup.

A crude oil "lifting license" gives the owner the mandate of the National Oil Company (Suppliers of the crude oil), to locate crude oil buyers and arrange a buy/sale crude oil transaction between the oil company and the crude oil buyers. The "lifting license" syndrome came into place because the national oil company does not deal directly with the buyers of the crude oil rather; they prefer to issue oil "lifting license allocations" to individuals/companies to assist them to market the crude oil which they produce. Anyone that owns an “lifting license" from the local National Oil Company is entitle d to a $2.00 commission from the oil company on each barrel of crude sold to the buyer and another $1. 00 commission from the buyer. In total, oil lifting license owners receives a $3.00 commission on each barrel of crude sold by the oil company. Please note that the commission rates of $2.00 and $1.00 normally increases in times of crude oil scarcity.

The smallest license allocation/quantity one can procure from the National Oil Company is for the sale of 500,000 barrels of crude monthly/per transaction. This implies that 500,000 barrels of crude oil will be assigned to the license owner for sale per month. This allocation size will earn the license owner about ($3.00 multiply by 500,000 barrels) which is $1.5 million gross commissions monthly. If one is lucky to secure a bigger allocation that means you will be earning more commissions monthly. These commissions will be calculated and paid to the license at the end of the sales transaction.

Incase you decide to invest in this money spinning project; I will personally reveal to you a well packaged procedure to acquire an oil lifting license. I will personally assist you to locate the buyers of the crude oil and facilitate the sales transactions for you while the resulting commissions will be wired into your overseas nominated banking co-ordinates as the license owner. You need a "seller agent" to assist you to sale the crude since you are alien to this business and do not know the buyers for the crude oil and al so because you are not locally resident here.
Feel free to ask for clarifications.

Regards,
Engr. Joseph Bata

euclid
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Dear Friend

I am Nana Wilson the Personal Attorney to Mr. Jack Jacobson who hereinafter shall be refer as my client, a national of your country, who was a

Diamond/Gold Broker/consultant with Ghana Mining Corporation (GMC). Moreover before his untimely death, he was actively involved in Gold export Business

in Ghana.

On the 20th of May 2005, my client died suddenly of heart related disease, since then I have made several inquiries to your Embassy to locate any of my

client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful, after these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to trace his relatives over the

Internet to locate any member of his family but of no avail, hence I got your contact. I contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and property

left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposit were lodged. Particularly, the Bank

where the deceased had an account balance of US$16.8Million Consequently, the bank issued me a notice to provide the next of kin/heir or have the account

confiscated, since then I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives of the late Jack Jacobson

That is why I am seeking for your consent/cooperation to present you as the Next of kin/heir of the deceased since you are from the same country, so that

the proceeds of this account valued at US$16.8million dollars can be paid to you, as my clients Next of Kin/heir/beneficiary and then we can share it

50/50 between you and I. I have all necessary legal documents to backup our claim and all I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this

deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

ABSOLUTELY this OFFER is RISK FREE and it will commence immediately you reply to this mail indicating your interest.

Sincerely yours,
Nana Wilson

Uba & Associates legal chambers,
3rd Floor Kingsway Building, Suite 201,
Kwame Nkrumah Avenue.
Accra-Ghana

Marian Perera
06-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I found an article about someone who was fleeced royally by Nigerian scammers : The Perfect Mark (http://www.singlearticles.com/the-perfect-mark-a1453.html).

Meanwhile, Worley was growing more and more distressed. The number of correspondents was increasing--at one point, he counted nine--and the spelling of their names kept changing. He complained of receiving letters from "Maram Abacha," "Mariam Abacha," and "Mrs. Maryam S. Abacha." "I would think that everyone would know how to spell their own real name," he wrote testily. "Obviously, someone does not."

Bufty
06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I love it.

An attorney who wants to be assured as to your honesty and co-operation (as a complete stranger picked out the phone book) so you can each pocket half of his dead client's estate!!

Anyone who falls for this deserves to be fleeced. :roll:

Dear Friend
I am Nana Wilson the Personal Attorney to Mr. Jack Jacobson who hereinafter shall be refer as my client, a national of your country, who was a

euclid
06-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I found an article about someone who was fleeced royally by Nigerian scammers : The Perfect Mark (http://www.singlearticles.com/the-perfect-mark-a1453.html).

Amazing article. The typos (alter is after, for example) suggest it was created by ocr software.

euclid
06-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Hello,

I am most compelled to contact you due to the urgency and time frame needed to execute this project though I know that this is not the best medium to present this to you. I wish to introduce you to a project that would be of immense benefit to both of us. Being a banker, it is possible that we may be tempted to make funds out of our client's situation; when we cannot help it or left with no better option.

I am presenting to you a case of my client who died without a will of intestate and left Seventeen million Six hundred thousand United States dollars ($17.6million) in the coffers of our bank. It was most unfortunate that he and his supposed next of kin died on the same day in auto-crash. However, I don't belong to that school of thought which proposes that the funds of unlucky people be given to the government as that is the regulation if it is unclaimed.

I therefore seek for your assistance in presenting you as next of kin to the deceased. Please give your response once you receive this email to enable me reveal other details pertaining the claim, the deceased and our country's inheritance procedure.

Regards,
Harry Vickers

larocca
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I got one from Ms Moammir Ghadafy. It's like "Brush With Greatness" on Letterman.

JimmyB27
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Actually, it's not about stupidity. Even smart people can fall for this. The trick is, the scammers make the prospect so high that it's beyond the dimensions where you're used to estimating risks. You lose perspective and get so overwhelmed that the prospect can override your concerns.
I have the complete opposite reaction. The numbers are so high, I automatically discount the possibility it's genuine. If something seems to good to be true....

Have you guys seen the 419 Eater (http://www.419eater.com/) website? It's a collection of scams that got turned around by some canny people. Great fun. :D

larocca
06-13-2011, 06:04 PM
If the number isn't at least 7 digits long, I'm disappointed.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm suddenly covered up with urgent messages from UPS, FedEx, the FBI, and this ambassador...

Attention:Beneficiary

Sir/Madam,

Re: immediate payment of your Acrued interest fund oF US$2,100,000.00

My name is Ambassador Dozie Nwanna the Nigerian Ambassador to United Kingdom . I have received a presidential Order from the presidency of the government of Nigeria to contact you for your immediate payment as stated above.

It has been discovered through our security monitoring network that you have dealt with wrong channels in the past to actualize your claim and lost some money in the process. Be informed that the government does not pay foreign debt through sycophants but only through the government approved channels.

The government considered to pay you and few other beneficiaries through this diplomatic means to safe you and your fund from the evil hands of imposters and to save the image of the government of Nigeria from disrepute. So you are lucky to be one of the few favored beneficiaries. All we need from you is your maximum cooperation and you get paid.

Finally, reconfirm your current informations as requested below:

1) Your current postal address and I.D

2) Your full bank account details.

3) Any other detail you deem necessary.

4) Why have you not been paid before this time?

Upon our receipt of your mail and accordingly, we shall commence with your acrued interest payment as directed by the presidency.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
Ambassador Dozie Nwanna
Direct Line: 44-7035-913822

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Aaaaand right on its heels, I've been given a grant I didn't know I'd filed for in Russia...

Leninsky prospect,
32A, 119991, B-334,
GSP-1, Moscow, Russia

The Russian Foundation for basic research would
like to notify you that you have been chosen by the board of trustees
as one of the final recipients of a cash Grant/Donation for your own
personal, educational, and business development.
The Russian Foundation for basic research was conceived with the
objective of human growth, educational and scientific research, with a
mind also for Community development. In conjunction with the ECOWAS,
UNO and the EU We are giving out a yearly donation of US$4,350,000.00
(Four million, Three hundred and Fifty thousand United states dollars
only) each to 100 lucky recipients. These specific Donations/Grants
will be awarded to 100 lucky international recipients worldwide; in
different categories for their personal business development and
enhancement of their educational plans. This is a yearly program, which
is a measure of universal development strategy.

The objective is to make a notable change in the standard of living of
people all around the Universe (From America to Europe, Asia to Africa
and all around), probably like in the next 20yrs. This is my favorite part!

Kindly note that you will only be chosen to receive the donation once,
which means that subsequent yearly donation will not get to you again.
Take time and thought in spending the donation wisely on something that
will last you a long time. Recipients are only eligible to be awarded
this donation once.

Based on the random selection exercise of internet website selected
among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of US$4,350,000.00
as charity donations/aid from thnabling act of Parliament. (Note that
all beneficiaries email addresses were selected randomly from over
100,000 internet websites or a shop'scash invoice around your
area in which you might have purchased something from).

You are required to contact the Executive Secretary below, for
qualification document you will be given your donation pin number,
which you will use in collecting the funds. Please endeavor to quote
your Qualification numbers (N-222-6647, E-910-56) in all discussions.

To immediately further your claim, and facilitate the immediate release
of your donation funds to you likewise other recipient around the
globe, You are required to assist in the documentation of your donation
by filling the requested information stated in the form below.

DONATION DOCUMENTATION FORM.

----Kindly provide all required information.
----FULL NAMES.....................
----ADDRESS.....................
----NATIONALITY...................
----STATE.....................
----COUNTRY....................
----TEL..........................
----FAX..........................
----AGE/DATE OF BIRTH...............
----SEX..........................
----MARITAL STATUS................
----OCCUPATION....................

----IN A BRIEF EXPLANATION, HOW DO YOU INTEND TO USE YOUR DONATION
FUNDS IN IMPROVING YOUR STANDARD OF LIVING.

Executive Sec. Mr.Vardim A Shakhnov
Email:shakexesecertary@9.cn

Please note that these donations/Grants are strictly administered by
the EU, ECOWAS, UNO. You by all means hereby advised to keep this
whole information confidential until you have been able to collect your
donation, as there have been cases of double and unqualified
claim, due to beneficiaries informing third parties about his/her
donation.

Finally, all funds should be claimed by their respective beneficiaries,
no later than 20 days after notification. Failure to do so will mean
cancellation of that beneficiary and its donation will then be reserved
for next year?s recipients.

On behalf of the Board kindly, accept our warmest congratulations.

Regards.
Ms Sarah Ivanovich

euclid
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
http://jiri99.com/tt/board/skin/util/MAILER/WATCH/images/to.gifhafizzsummid@rocketmail.comON 11th of February 2011Attention Please:
ON 11th of February 2011, the Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was
removed from the sit of the presidency. This is due to
accumulated issue mal-administration and long term service during
his tenure in the office. Apart from that, I was opportuned to work
close to his office as personal assistant to his financial dealings overseas.
Base on the resent condition of his office and the demand
from the committee set to look into his activities., They have
suggested that his bank accounts IN overseas Should be frozen, Britain,
France and Dubai. You may click here to read more on this:
http://www.suite101.com/content/bring-back-egypts-stolen-billions---avaaz-tells-world-leaders-a348149

In other words, I am directed to contact you and release the information
of a deposited sum of ¢©¢®41,500,000.00 (forty one million five hundred euros)
which is been deposited in the bank in one of the Europe countries which
nobody known about. Please your interest to help in this situation is
highly needed. You will be given 30% of the total sum immediately the fund
is been re-transferred into your account or your company account.
The details of the bank will be communicated to you immediately
you respond back to us. Please try as much as possible to keep this
secretive, and never allow anybody to know about this. Your response
will go a long way in helping us out. Submit to us the following information please

NAME,
ADDRESS,
TEL.
COUNTRY,
DATE OF BIRTH
OCCUPATION
PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS

I wait for your reply
Thanks
HAFIZZ SUMMID
http://jiri99.com/tt/board/skin/util/MAILER/WATCH/images/logo.gif (http://ttboard.com/)http://jiri99.com/tt/board/skin/util/MAILER/WATCH/images/from.gifhafizzsummid@rocketmail.com

euclid
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
This lassie has an unknown number of "hubbies" who are all very industrious. I wonder how she found out that I am a nice person? Who's been talking behind my back?

Hello
I felt like communicating with you, my name is Roseline, is my pleasure to cultivate a healthy friendship with you, with due respect. I have great interest in contacting you.My hubbies are reading, sports, cooking and traveling, adventure, so I decided to extend my regards to you. Presently I can not really specify what prompted my drive to write but I did have in mind that you could be a nice person.I will like you to contact me back , So that I will give you full explanation about myself, I contact you through this medium now in order to provide the link for detail discussion, i think we can make it together,hoping for your lovely reply soonest, i will send you my photo in my next mail please contact me with this my new email address. (removed) Roseline.

Rachel77
06-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subject: £3,500,000!!

Your email has been awarded 3.5m pounds

No link to click, sadly. I guess I'm just supposed to hit Reply and say, "Great, here's my bank account number and oh by the way, what email of mine was that, because I don't play the lottery?"

(That was my second thought. My first thought was to be jealous that my email was now richer than me.)

Max Vaehling
06-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello
I felt like communicating with you, my name is Roseline, is my pleasure to cultivate a healthy friendship with you, with due respect...

I keep getting notes like that through my ComicSpace account. General structure: Somebody saw my comic samples and fell in love with their creator and now wants to get in touch.

JimmyB27
06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I keep getting notes like that through my ComicSpace account. General structure: Somebody saw my comic samples and fell in love with their creator and now wants to get in touch.
And you never wrote back! :cry:

euclid
07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
--
Hello ,
I am SSG Mark Phillip, an active American soldier serving in Afghanistan, I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in Afghanistan, as our mission here is highly exclusive due to insurgents everyday and car bombs are attacking our peaceful mission here.
We managed to secure funds from the war zone. The total amount is US$ 19 Million dollars in cash. We want to move this money out of this place,this place is a war zone, so that you may keep our share for us till when we will come over to meet you.We will take 70%, my partner and I.You take 30%. No strings attached, just help us move it out of Afghanistan, Afghanistan is a war zone. We plan on using diplomatic courier and shipping the money out in a large box, using diplomatic immunity.

If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details. This business is risk free.
The box can be shipped out in 48hrs if you want to handle the deal with us as Family.

Thanks
SSG Mark Phillip ,

[I gather Afghanistan is a war zone!]

euclid
08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
ANTI-TERRORISM AND MONITORY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
DATE: 08/24/2011

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY,

We received your email, this is not a child's play, We are ready to take you to any length if you failed to prove the legitimate source of the fund you are about to receive. As a Federal Commission, We are here to protect your interest and the interest of all the United State citizens as well as this great Nation. You have been investigated as the beneficiary of the said funds, that is why you are in touch with the FBI for a solid prove before the funds will be release to you.

The said funds is now in U.S Bank in your name which has been placed on hold under the custody of the FBI for further verification and prove before releasing the fund to you.You do not have this document in your files, if you did the fund would not have been hold. We did not believe this at first, but when we saw the transfer we had no option than to contact you.

We have gone through your Identification records and also the information received from you, We have verified a lot of things about you. It has come to the attention of our Money Trafficking Investigation Department, that you have some funds valued at U.S $10 Million to your name, The said payment is awaiting adjudication and crediting to your account from Inheritance ' willed ' from C.B.N Bank Nigeria precisely.

With full concern of the F.B.I and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), We wish to remind you of the consequences of remitting such huge sums of money without complying fully with the provisions of the Financial and Allied Matters Decree 5 as amended in sub-section C (6) of 2003 Banking Act, which stipulates that any monitory transaction been done in the United States of America, must have proper records, which duly guarantees and covers the transaction as legitimate and legally acquired and not criminally or terrorism associated funds. This is due to ingoing terrorism activities/economic crimes on and against the United States of America and her citizens.

Note that with the information's we have here, the fund in your name here was released from Federal Republic of Nigeria. To this regard, you are to contact the EFCC Nigeria where the fund was release from, So that they will issue you the required document because they are the only people that can issue you the document. Nobody else have the right or privilege to issue you this document unless the EFCC Nigeria.

You are under close monitoring / investigation in connection with money laundering. If your funds comes from a legitimate and legal source, the proper guidelines for you to recover the right of transaction, is for you to provide the official release document so that your funds will be legally processed and recorded and accounted for and then finally released to you.

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (ANTI-TERRORISM AND MONEY LAUNDERING DEPARTMENT) IS HERE to wipe out terrorism, and will stop at no length in doing our duty for the American people. You have 24 hours to produce legal prove of the below frozen wired transaction number coded AZQV9007 owned by YOU.

You do not have any rights to receive these funds if the documented legal wire information is not complete.For your own good and benefit, you are advice not to send your money to anybody accept the below person that will get the document for you. It has come to our notice that you have been dealing with scammers regarding the present transaction in your name, with the power invested on us by theUnited States Government, you are hereby warned and instructed to terminate your involvement with any people or individual contacting you regarding this present transaction.The said funds is now in our custody in your name as the beneficiary, your dealings should be channel to this office alone, if we find out you are still communicating with imposters you will be charged for advance fraud communication by the Federal Law.

The very heart of FBI operations lies in our investigations which serve, as our mission states, ' to protect and defend the United States against terrorism and foreign intelligence threats and to enforce the criminal laws of the United States. ' So follow our instructions properly to avoid any action against you. Attached a copy of my Office ID for your mutual view and understanding so that you will know exactly whom you are dealing with.

We currently have jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal law. So you can see that we can track you down through Investigative programs. We have your address and the evidence and status of your wired funds, so we can arrest you anytime anywhere.

You dont have the required document on your possesion, these document are only to be issue to you from the paying country NIGERIA, to this regards you are advice to contact the EFCC NIGERIA to obtain the document from them to enable the immediate release of the funds in your name.

We have done our verification on your FBI Identification Record with Social Security Number, the only document left is the required Diplomatic Immunity Seal Of Transfer (DIST) Which should be issued to you from the paying country of the said funds, you are to contact the ECONOMIC ANDFINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC) Nigeria to obtain the above required document, find below their contact information's:

Contact Person: Mrs. Farida Mzamber Waziri,
Email: efccdeptofice@qatar.io
TEL: +234 8125343895
Office Address: 72 Western Avenue Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria.

Furthermore, be advice that according to the United State Law together with the FBI rules and regulations, you are to obtain the document from the EFCC NIGERIA where the fund was transfer from. Also Note that you are to take care of the Document to be issued to you right away, because due to the content of the document and how important and secured the document is, You are to take care of the document by sending to the EFCC NIGERIA the sum of $850USD only for the issuing of the document right away and your $10.5 million will be release to you, That is the only way the EFCC NIGERIA will issue you the document, because they are going to issue you the Authentic and Original copy of the document for the release of your fund.

You are hereby advised to Contact them through the email address above to enquire from them. On how you are going to send the fee to them. Note that you are to do this immediately if you really want your fund to be credited to your personal account and also if you don't want any action to befall you. We have already informed the EFCC NIGERIA about the present situation, So go ahead and contact them immediately. Your fund is now in our custody and will not be released to you, unless the required document is confirmed, After that the fund will be released to you immediately without any delay.

NOTE: We have asked for the above document to make available the most complete and up-to date records possible for no criminal justice purposes.

WARNING: Failure to produce the above requirement in the next 48 hours, legal action will be taken immediately by arresting and detaining you. You shall be tried and if found guilty, you will be jailed.. As terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering is a serious problem in our community today. The F.B.I will not stop at any length in tracking down and prosecuting any criminal who indulge in this criminal act. FORWARD THE DOCUMENT TO US VIA EMAIL ATTACHEMENT AS SOON AS YOU OBTAIN IT.

Yours faithfully,
Robert S.Mueller 111,
FBI Director.

euclid
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Dear Friend

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope This mail meets you in a perfect condition.

I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of
fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.

But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the Cheque out of the company to someone else who was capable of assisting me in this great venture.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $1,000,000.00(One Million United States Of American Dollars) in respect to your lottery winnings Compensation.

I have authorized the finance house in the UK where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.

My dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the collection of this international certified bank draft. The name and

contact address of the Person with your Cheque is as follows.

COMPENSATION OFFICER
CONTACT AGENT
MR.KENNETH WILSON
EMAIL:mr.kennethwilson05@secretarias.com

Contact him with the following information’s
1. Full Name:
2. Residential Address:
3. Phone Number:
4. Fax Number:
5. Occupation:
6. Sex:
7. Age:
8. Nationality:
9. Country:

At the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment projects which I and my new partner are having at hand.

Finally, remember that I have forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf to send the bank draft to you as soon as you contact them without delay. Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon.
Best Regards,
Mr percy jones

euclid
08-29-2011, 11:25 AM
[Is this address genuine? Is there even a Brightwood St, NYC?]

Good day

I am Mrs Sandra Hilson, I am a US citizen, 58 years Old. I reside here in Brightwood New York City. My residential address is as follows.11 Brightwood

St, Patchogue, NY,11772, United States, am thinking of relocating since I am now rich. I am one of those that took part in the Compensation in Nigeria many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $20,000 while in the US, trying to get my payment all to no avail.

So I decided to travel down to Nigeria with all my compensation documents,And I was directed to meet Barrister James Williams, who is the member of COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE, and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment.Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have received my compensation funds of $2,000,000.00 Moreover, Barrister James William showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your name as one of the beneficiaries, and your email address, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you. I will advise you to contact Barrister James Williams James William.

You have to contact him directly on this information below.

Office Address: no 20 kingsway, victoria island Lagos 23401 Nigeria.
JOAKIN COMPENSATION HOUSE
Name : Barrister James Williams
Email:barr.jameswilliams001@gmail.com

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.The only money I paid after I met Barrister James Williams was just $300for the paper works, take note of that.

As soon as you contact him he will send you the payment information which you are to use in sending the payment to him in order for him to obtain the document from the court of law there in Nigeria so that your fund can be transfer to you without any delay just the way mine was being transfer to me.

Send him the following details if you know you are ready to make the payment so that as soon as he receive your information he will send to you the payment details for sending him the $300USD that is needed for him to get the document that is needed to make the transfer a successful one
without any further payment.

Fill Out the information to him if you are ready to get your fund and also
ready to make the payment.

Your Full Name:...............
Direct Phone:....................
Country.................

Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Barrister James Williams so that he can help you to Deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.

Thank You and Be Blessed.
Mrs Sandra Hilson.
11 Brightwood St, Patchogue, NY,11772,
United States Of America.

benbradley
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
[Is this address genuine? Is there even a Brightwood St, NYC?]

Good day

I am Mrs Sandra Hilson, I am a US citizen, 58 years Old. I reside here in Brightwood New York City. My residential address is as follows.11 Brightwood

St, Patchogue, NY,11772, United States, am thinking of relocating since I am now rich.
(the next few sentences crack me up, about how she went to Nigeria and actually got the millions that was promised to her in a Nigerian scam email!)

That's not (quite) NYC, that's the city of Patchogue, which I recall hearing of and perhaps even drove through when I lived on Long Island.

You can put any US address into this form and it will give you the 9-digit zip code if it detects an actual address, or something else if it doesn't:
http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

Heh. It comes back with:
11 BRIGHTWOOD ST
PATCHOGUE NY 11772-3604

The next thing I wonder is whether the person(s) living there know that address is being sent out to who-knows-how-many people as the address of a newly rich person scammer. Surely it's a non-US scammer using public info on the Internet to get legit addresses such as that one to put into these scam emails.

Rereading the first two sentences to try to make sense out of it (and which answers why the OP thought this was NYC proper), the SCAMMER thinks Brightwood is the city (burrough?) name rather than the street name. Geesh. <facepalm>

euclid
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
MR.SUNG LEE
DAH SING BANK LTD
DES VOEUX RD.BRANCH,CENTRAL HONG KONG,
HONG KONG.

Good Day,

Let me start by introducing myself,Mr.Sung Lee,credit officer of the Dah Sing Bank Ltd.

I do insist in your confidence in this transaction. I am making this contact with you, based on reliable information available to me courtesy of internet business index and confirmed by my local chambers of commerce and industry concerning your reputation.Thus I am convinced you would be capable to provide me with a solution to a money transfer transaction of Forty Three Million, Six Hundred Thousand United State Dollars. This is to seek your cooperation as my foreign partner and your assistance to enable me own a property and invest in the stable economy of your country. Accept my apologies if this mail does not suit your personal or business ethics.

All other information to facilitate the remittance of the funds will be revealed to you in due course. For your assistance, you shall receive 25% of the funds to be transferred and 10% will be set aside for all expenses incurred by both parties. I will appreciate if you can reply me on my personal Email : sungleehk7@gmx.com (sungleehk7@gmx.com)

Kindly delete this e-mail if it does not suit your personal or business ethics, as I will gladly appreciate.

Yours faithfully,
Mr.Sung Lee

Max Vaehling
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
JOAKIN COMPENSATION HOUSE

Now, that's a dead giveaway. Jokin' compensation house?

euclid
09-23-2011, 11:58 PM
[What's that strange symbol? Ђ]

From WinForlife!
Spensierati e sistemati
Online Operations Unit.

Greetings!!

I am the Database/Operations Manager of the the win4life & registration online Unit. I am contacting you based on a proposal that requires strict confidentiality and utmost sincererity and honesty.This proposal is worth Ђ1,000,00.00 Euro and I am prepared to offer you some huge percentage(%),if you are willing to be my partner.

All that is required from you is utmost sincererity and honesty and I will have to use my influence as the operations manager to manipulate the draws and make you a winner of this unclaimed Winning sum of Ђ1,000,00.00 which have been manipulated already.

My total guarantee is given when you are interested and if you are not interested in my proposal,please kindly ignore this email.But if you are willing,you can send a reply to my private email and further information concerning this proposal would be issued to you i.e (Winning Numbers,Reference and Batch numbers,Draw date and the Match (Jackpot) number and percentage(%) will be discuss.I would want to crave your indulgence that based on the sensitive nature of this proposal,our communication would be only through my private email and if personal contact is made from you through my official emails or telephone,I would deny any knowledge of you as my official emails and telephone calls are monitored as part of the offical practices of the Winforlife to ensure optimum confidentiality and protection of our core values. Thank you

My Name:Dr.Fernando Gonzales Jr.
Private email: frenandogonzalesjr@hotmail.it (frenandogonzalesjr@hotmail.it)
Lottery Website: (www.win4life.info (http://www.win4life.info/))

Note that further information concerning this proposal would be sent to you,if you are interested.

Regards,
Dr.Fernando Gonzales Jr.
Database/Operations Manager Winforlife

Hiroko
09-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm always tempted to answer scam mail with answers such as this:

Hi there! I got your response and I would ADORE helping you! Here is my site: [insert dirty website url here]!"

Scams are always good for a laugh (so long as you aren't a victim).

euclid
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Better, and safer not to answer. They don't have your email address, but if you reply they will and it'll be moved onto a more active list.

benbradley
10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Better, and safer not to answer. They don't have your email address, but if you reply they will and it'll be moved onto a more active list.
If you respond, create a new address solely to do that with.

If you're going to "bait" or respond to scammers in any way, at least read up on how others have been doing it for years:
http://www.419eater.com

JimmyB27
10-19-2011, 08:01 PM
If you respond, create a new address solely to do that with.

If you're going to "bait" or respond to scammers in any way, at least read up on how others have been doing it for years:
http://www.419eater.com
*ahem*

I have the complete opposite reaction. The numbers are so high, I automatically discount the possibility it's genuine. If something seems to good to be true....

Have you guys seen the 419 Eater (http://www.419eater.com/) website? It's a collection of scams that got turned around by some canny people. Great fun. :D

euclid
10-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Attention:Beneficiary,

I have been informed by the CHEVRON/ LTD to anticipate your message as this office has been assigned to handle the payment of yourgrant donation prize and also to alert you that your previous mail was received here on this office desk and content clearly documented.I would advise you follow the instructions given to you and your Donation parcelwill be sent to you fully sealed within the next 24hours. A cheque has been issued in your name and we have concluded the processing of all documents t hat will facilitate the clearance of the cheque in your Bank.

This documents includes the following:

1.DONATION CHEQUE VALUED THE SUM OF US$8,000,000.00. 2.DONATION CERTIFICATE FROM THE CHEVRON/TEXACO EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTIONCOMPANY LTD(CTEPC).3.CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES(C.S.F.C.) 4.LETTER OF AFFIDAVITS FROM THE NIGERIAN HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, STATING THATTHE DONATION WAS RECEIVED LEGALLY FROM THE UNIVERSAL DONATION PROGRAMME, ANDDULY SIGNED BY THE LEGAL ATTORNEY TO THE ECOWAS.

These documents have been securely sealed and packed for security reasons which makes it impossible for anyone to view it until its been deliveredto you. Find below our delivery options which you are required to choose the one that is most convenient to you to enable the delivery of your parcel tothe address which is sent by you to this office.

I want you to indicateonce more your mode of delivery for the purpose of documentation in thethe ECOWAS HEAD OFFICE.

DHL Cost of delivery
Mailing: US $100.00
Vat:US $10.00
Insurance:US $200.00
Total:310usd

FEDEX Cost of delivery
Mailing:US $50.00
VAT US $10.00
Insurance: US $200.00
Total:$US260.00

RHODEVILLE COURIER SERVICE Cost of delivery
Mailing: US$5.00
VAT US$5.00
Insurance: US$200.00
Total:$US210.00

All three options are 24hours delivery after shipment

NB: THE INSURANCE FEE (US$200:00) IS ABSOLUTELY COMPULSORY, AND MUST BEPAID BEFORE THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR PARCEL WHILE THE MAILING FEE SHOULD BEPAID TO THE DELIVERY AGENT THAT WILL DELIVER YOUR PARCEL TO YOUR DOORSTEP).

Due to the diplomatic content of your parcel, it will be illegal to sendit without being insured as it will violate the federal delivery rulesgoverning diplomatic parcel delivery. This means payment for the insurancefee must be made before the parcel is sent to avoid risk. This is becauseof some bad experience we had in the past.

We can not afford to re-issue your cheque if anything goes wrong. In this case payment for the insurance fee is absolutely compulsory, while the mailing fee should be paid to any of the above listed delivery company you choose at the point of delivery. Your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes itimpossible to deduct any amount from the money before remittance.

This means that the above insurance charges cannot be deducted from the prizeand hence must be provided by you before your parcel is shipped.

This isin accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the international gambling act asadopted in 1993 andamended on 3RD july 1996 by the constitutional assembly.This is to protectreceipients and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

You have to contact PAYMENT STAFF AT THE ECOWAS HEAD OFFICE now with your information and choice of delivery company among the list above for the delivery of your package with this information bellow;

CONTROLLER: MR.LANRE SMITH
NAME: PAYMENT STAFF ECOWAS HEAD OFFICE
EMAIL ADRESS: mr.lanres@yahoo.com (mr.lanres@yahoo.com)
OFFICE NUMBER: +2347065727956

1, Full Name...........................
2, Address of Residence:.................
3, country from:........................
4, Telephone Number:..................
5, Occupation...................
6, Age:..................

Kindly give me a call immediately you receive this mail .

MR. PAUL ROGERS,
ECONOMIC COMMUNITY
OF WEST AFRICAN STATES
ECOWAS HEAD OFFICE

Devil Ledbetter
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Is this the official weird spam thread?

Here's one I received yesterday:

Hello dear,

i am miss Mariam Kebah. i saw your e-mail today. please i will like to know you better, i felt great interested on you which really gave me a nice pleasure to contact you. as to share thought and personalconcern with you. hoping that you will have the same feelings with me,also i will like to make good friendship with you. hoping you will permit me to lean more about your person? i have some thing very important to discuss with you. please contact me, so that i will tell you more about myself with my pictures, thanks and may peace be upon you. good luck and best of regards!

sincerely,Mariam.

euclid
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
How could you resist such a letter?

Yeshanu
10-29-2011, 07:49 PM
No offers of money lately, but I have had an offer to enlarge my male organ to three or four times it's present size. :D

euclid
10-29-2011, 08:02 PM
That's a shame, Yeshanu. I'll get in touch with some of my scam-friends and ask them to send you some if you like :)

euclid
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
[I think this bit, repeated at the end, is meant to look like this guy's qualifications. ed. T.H.Turner (London, 1855), Coll. No. *VIII, II, 263-272. 10) - Erasmus, Ep., I, 415]

Hello,

I'm Dr. John Fisher... ed. T.H.Turner (London, 1855), Coll. No. *VIII, II, 263-272. 10) - Erasmus, Ep., I, 415, I'm 51yrs Old. I'm one of those that took part in the Compensation awards many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $28,000 while in the London, trying to get my payment all to no avail.

So I decided to travel down to the Compensation and lottery company with all my compensation documents, And I was directed to meet Barrister Larry Gold, who is a member of COMPENSATION AWARD AUTHORITY and a Human Rights Activist (Lawyer), and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment. Right now I'm the most happiest man on earth because I have received my compensation funds amounteing to $950,000 Moreover, Barrister Larry Gold, showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your email as one of the scam victims, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you. I will advise you to contact Barrister. Larry Gold

You have to contact him directly on this information below.

COMPENSATION AWARD AUTHORITY Name : Mr. Larry Gold (Barrister)
Email: barr.larrygoldconsult@hotmail.com (barr.larrygoldconsult@hotmail.com)
TELEPHONE: +8615814890645

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.

The only money I paid after I met Barrister Larry Gold was just $350 for the paper works, take note of that.

Thank You and Be Blessed.

Dr. John Fisher... ed. T.H.Turner (London, 1855),
Coll. No. *VIII, II, 263-272. 10) - Erasmus,
Ep. Education: BS, Business Administration

euclid
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION
(EFCC) FOREIGN OPERATIONS DEPT,
Email:funds.unitrecovery@yahoo.cn

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY

WHY THIS EMAIL IS COMING TO YOU AT THIS POINT IS DUE TO A RECENT MEETING CONDUCTED BY THIS
ORGANISATION WITH THE HELP OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA CONCERNING THE RELEASE OF YOUR OVER
DUE INHERITANCE FUNDS OF $2.5MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS WHICH IS DUE FOR CLAIM,WE HAVE
CONTACTED THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA CONCERNING YOUR DELAY IN REMITTING THE $3500 REQUIRED
BY THE BANK TO RELEASE YOUR FUNDS VIA ONLINE WIRE TRANSFER , THIS MORNING THE CENTRAL BANK
HAVE AGREED TO PAY YOU THROUGH INTERNATIONAL ATM MASTER CARD WHICH WILL GIVE YOU ACCESS TO
WITHRAW YOUR FUNDS IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD VIA ONLINE PAYING MACHINE, YOU MIGHT BE VERY
VERSE WITH THE SWIFT CREDIT ATM MASTER CARD SYSTEM THROUGH THE (A.T.M) AUTOMATED TELLER
MACHINE SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS BENEFICARY,S DIRECT ACCESS TO MAKE WITHDARWAL OF FUND FROM ANY
INTERNTIONAL BANKS IN THE WORLD.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UNDER THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE WITH THE WORLD BANK AND IMF
(INTERNATIONAL MONETORY FUND) HAS ADOPTED THIS ADMNISTRATIVE MEASURE OWING TO VARIOUS
COMPLAINS/ PERTITIONS RECEIVED FROM BENEFICIARIES OWNING TO THE DELAYS IN RECEIVING
THEIR CONTRACT/IHERITANCE FUND AS EXPECTED.

IT MIGHT INTEREST YOU TO NOTE THAT THE SWIFT CREDIT ATM MASTER CARD SYSTEM OF PAYMENT
WAS ADOPTED TO REDUCE THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROTOCOLS AS REGARDS (COST OF SHIPMENT,VAT,
TAXES AND LEVIE), IT WAS ADOPTED TO HELP BENEFICARY WHO ARE FINANCIALLY DOWN, WHO ARE
NOT CAPABLE TO MEET UP WITH THE OBLIGATION OF PAYING BANKS AS A RESULT OF FEE
ADMINISTRATIVE AND HANDLING CHARGES.

THE SWIFT ATM MASTER CARD SYSTEM WILL ONLY COST BENEFICARY COST OF SHIPMENT VIA SWIFT
CARGO COURIER SERVICES OR DHL AND ACTIVATION OF ACCOUNT FEE WHICH INVOLVES LITTLE
EXPENSES IN THE SUM OF $220 FOR ACTIVATION FEE AND $65 FOR THE COURIER SERVICES OR DHL
TOTAL SUM OF $285.

BE INFORM THAT YOUR USD$2.5MIILLION USD (TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATE DOLLARS)
ONLY HAVE BEEN LOADED INTO THESE SWITF CREDIT ATM MASTER CARD,EFORE IT WAS MOVE TO OUR
ECONOMIC FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION(EFCC ),CENTRE FOR DIRECT SHIPMENT AND ACTIVATION OF
YOUR SWIFT CREDIT ATM MASTER CARD ELECTRONICALLY DEVICE PAYMENT INSTRUTMENT.

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTION WHERE YOU NEEDED CLARIFICATION AND CALL ME IMMEDIATELY ON MY
DIRECT LINE +234-803 475 0033 FOR DETAILS.

AS SOON AS YOU ARE READY TO RECEIVE THE SWIFT CREDIT ATM MASTER CARD DO GET BACK TO ME
SO THAT I CAN INFORM YOU ON HOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENT OF $285 FOR ACTIVATION AND SHIPMENT
OF YOUR ATM MASTER CARD AS STATED ABOVE.

ON REQUEST, WE SHALL ATTACHED COPY OF YOUR FUND RELEASE APPROVAL FROM THE INTERNATIONAL
MONETARY FUNDS VIA EMAIL ATTACHMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE.

I WANT YOU TO TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO GIVE THIS TRANSACTION A PROPER ATTENTION SO
THAT IT CAN BE CONCLUDED IN TIME AND YOU CAN HAVE YOUR ATM MASTER CARD DELIVERED TO
YOU BEFORE 24TH NOVEMBER 2011 BECAUSE THE IMF HAVE GIVING A MANDATE FOR CANCEALATION
OF THE TRANSFER.

PLEASE DO ENDEAVOR TO GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
COntact with : funds.unitrecovery@yahoo.cn (funds.unitrecovery@yahoo.cn)

BEST REGARDS,
ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION
Mrs. Farida Waziri
DIRECTOR OF OPERATION, DR, WILSON JONES

CHAIRMAN ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION
(EFCC) FOREIGN OPERATIONS DEPT,
LAGOS-NIGERIA

GailD
11-04-2011, 02:18 AM
I received an unusual one a little while ago. I deleted it immediately but the gist of it was:

"We are heir hunters with the firm of Barnaby and South in the UK and we are pleased to inform you that you are the beneficiary of a large estate in Yorkshire. Please send us your full name, address, date of birth and banking details so that we can arrange the transfer of your inheritance.
Please do this as soon as possible as the British government is about to claim it.

Ha! So I've inherited a fortune but they don't even know my name! :roll:
What's even funnier is that I do have a number of relatives in the UK but they are all alive and kicking. Those that aren't sure didn't leave any 'estates' in Yorkshire or anywhere else for that matter. :D

PS. I think this is a great thread. Everyone needs to be warned about these scams.

euclid
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Courtage International Cotton Plantation

I am the Employment officer of Courtage Farms, a quality coffee/cotton company Based in the Belgium and factory in africa and asia.
The farm has been setup since 1985, supplying all local caterers, major Italian and French Coffee shops and around the world through our agencies, with an exciting coffee, slow-roasted the Italian way and as well unprocessed cotton. Our company has just entered into new contractual agreements with some fashion house for continuous and large supply from our firm twice every Month to them in USA/EUROPE/AUSTRALIA.

Our new buyers in USA, Europe, AFRICA and Australia according to the agreement shall be Making payments for our supplies strictly by secured Bank Transfer/ Cheques. For effectiveness and efficiency reasons, I have been Charged to recruit, short list and employ an administrative Part-Time Representative/Book-keeper for the company so as to eliminate the discomfort we are encountering on payments receipts from our buyers.

The details of the position is described and summarized below.

PLEASE NOTE: Primarily, what you will be doing for the company is receiving payments from our clients within USA/Europe and Australia, Get it duly processed in your bank, Deduct your commission (10%), and forward the balance to the company through the company's accountant and strictly according to the company's instructions.

Fill and return the application form below and return as soon as possible and thereafter, you will be notified if short listed and employed for the position.

FULL NAMES :
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
PHONE NUMBER:

Regards,
Rachel Adams

euclid
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Dear Beneficiary

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family?I hope this mai
l meets you in a perfect condition. You
have been confirmed and approved as one of our lucky winner.This is from a
total cash prize of $50,000,000.00

(Fifty Million United States dollars), given to the first ONE HUNDRED (100)
people who will be compensated in this
world internet programs.All participants were selectedrandomly from World W
ide Web site Through computer draw
system and extracted from over 700.000
companies.

I am using this opportunity to thank you for using the internet daily.Due to
your effort, using internet programs
indoor and in your office,We want to compensate you and show our gratitude
to you with the sum of $550,000.OO (FIVE
HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS). we have authorized Dr. mores jack
to assist your in getting your
compensation check across to you.The name and contact address of the Dr.mores jack
is as follows;

LAGOS, NIGERIA
CONTACT AGENT: DR. mores jack
EMAIL: jackmores@yahoo.cn (jackmores@yahoo.cn)

Finally remember that I have forwarded instruction to Dr. Johnson Catar on y
our behalf to send the cash prize of
$550,000 to you as soon as you contact him without delay .

REGARDS
MANAGEMENT
Lottery Co-coordinator. © 2011 WORLD
INTERNET PROGRAMS®
REPLY TO jackmores@yahoo.cn (jackmores@yahoo.cn)

euclid
03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
They keep coming. This one is Nigerian.

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Attn:Beneficiary.

We the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI Honolulu) United States
Of America have discovered through our intelligent monitoring network
that you have a transaction n going on as either inheritance
payment,Lottery or contract payment in a tone of Millions of United
States Dollars which have been approved but have not been settled.

This is to officially inform you that we have verified your contract
/inheritance file after close monitoring and found out why you have
not received your payment,both on your part and on the part of your
debtors.

Secondly, we have been informed that you are still dealing with the
non officials in the bank who are attempting to secure the release of
your fund to you. We wish to advise you that this is illegal and you
should stop further communication with them forthwith because such an
illegal act like this can lead to cancellation of your fund.

we have been having so many complains from people who have been
scammed around the world hence, after concluding in a meeting with
members of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), we came to a
conclusion that every payment will be made through the SKYE BANK OF
NIGERIA (SKYB). We also concluded on the use of ELECTRONIC ATM PAYMENT
SYSTEM as the only direct means to pay all beneficiaries.

By this method, your funds will be loaded in TWO BATCHES into an ATM
card,and sent to you, from this card you can withdraw a maximum of
us$10,000 per day from any ATM machine worldwide, BUT from the
financial houses there is no limit.

So if you would like to receive your funds in this way please send your
following information to the paying bank.

(1)Your Full Name: ______________________________
(4)Country:_____________Direct Telephone Number:_____________
(5)Mobile Number:___________________Fax Number:______________
(6)Age:______Sex:______Occupation:________________ ___________
(7)Working Identity Card/Int'l Passport:___________,

Below are the contact details of the PAYING BANK(SKYE BANK OF NIGERIA
PLC.) in the Federal Republic Of Nigeria to whom you will send your
information for the processing of the ATM card as soon as possible:

CONTACT PERSON: REV DR PAUL SMITH,
HEAD OF OPERATIONS,ATM CARD PAYMENT SYSTEM
DEBT SETTLEMENT COMMISSION, SKYE BANK OF NIGERIA.(SKYB)
EMAIL: ( skyebankofnigeriaplc@rocketmail.com )
MOBILE: +2348181337403

The DEBT SETTLEMENT COMMISSION has been mandated to issue out your
payment through Skye Bank (Authorized Bank). For your information, you
have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or
office(s) who claim that to be established agents using it to defraud
innocent people worldwide.This is to avoid any hitches in receiving
your payment.

Faithfully Your's

FBI Director
Robert S. Mueller, III

benbradley
03-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I just came across this story related to these scams:
http://www.law.com/jsp/cc/PubArticleFriendlyCC.jsp?id=1332120314396

AT&T Corp. is accused of wrongly collecting millions of dollars from a government fund intended to bankroll telephone service for hearing and speech-impaired people, but was instead overwhelmingly used by Nigerian scammers, the Department of Justice alleged in a False Claims Act suit announced March 22.

According to the complaint filed in Pennsylvania federal court, 95 percent of the calls processed and billed by AT&T since late 2009 were not from deaf and speech-impaired people inside the United States – the intended users of the telecommunications relay service – but from overseas con artists using the free phone service to defraud American merchants.

AT&T knew the service was being abused, the complaint alleges, but turned a blind eye because the business was lucrative – the company was reimbursed about $1.30 a minute by the Federal Communications Commission for the service, collecting a total of $16 million since November of 2009. "Out of fears that fraudulent call volume would drop…AT&T knowingly adopted a non-compliant registration system," according to DOJ.

euclid
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
It has been discovered that the sum of USD10.5M was transferred from the Central bank of Nigeria to the Bank of America in your name without legal documents. You will be arrested if you dont Reply within 48 hours.

Max Vaehling
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Ooh, that's a good one.

euclid
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Max,

They're still coming in at a rate of 2-3 per week. I get all sorts of variations. The latest ones mostly telling me not to bother with all those scammers, but to respond to them, the ECFF, or whatever, the official anti-scammer (scamming) agency.

euclid
04-20-2012, 10:54 AM
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS WASHINGTON DC
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION J.EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
PHONE: (206) 414- 0078

ATTENTION: FUND BENEFICIARY,

48 HOURS NOTICE: WE BELIEVE THIS NOTIFICATION MEETS YOU IN A GOOD STATE OF MIND AND HEALTH. WE THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) WASHINGTON, DC IN CONJUNCTION WITH SOME OTHER RELEVANT INVESTIGATION AGENCIES HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HAVE RECENTLY BEEN INFORMED THROUGH OUR GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE MONITORING NETWORK THAT THE SUM OF $10.500,000.00, HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD TO THE BANK OF AMERICA BEARING YOUR NAME AS THE BENEFICIARY.

AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH THE FBI ANTI TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION BECAUSE THE FUND WAS TRANSFERRED WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATIONS TO PROVE THAT THE FUND IS NOT RELATED TO TERRORIST OR MONEY LAUNDERING ACTIVITIES.

FOR SECURITY REASONS AND DUE TO THE LEVEL OF TERRORIST / MONEY LAUNDERING ACTIVITIES GOING ON HERE IN THE UNITED STATES, YOU ARE MANDATED TO OBTAIN THE BELOW STATED CERTIFICATES WITHIN 48 HOURS, SO AS TO PROVE TO US THAT YOU ARE NOT RELATED TO TERRORIST OR MONEY LAUNDERING ACTIVITIES.

1. FUND OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE
2. ANTI TERRORIST/ MONEY LAUNDERING CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.

IT MIGHT INTEREST YOU TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE TAKEN OUT TIME IN SCREENING THROUGH THIS TRANSACTION AS STIPULATED ON OUR PROTOCOL OF OPERATION AND HAVE FINALLY CONFIRMED YOU AS THE RIGHTFUL BENEFICIARY OF THE SAID AMOUNT OF $10.500, 000.00.

NOTE: THE OFFICE IN CHARGE OF THE NEEDED DOCUMENTS WILL PROCEED WITH THE OBTAINING OF THE DOCUMENT AS SOON AS YOU RECONFIRM YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS AND DIRECT CELL PHONE NUMBER TO THEM.

WARNING: YOU WILL BE ARRESTED FOR MONEY LAUNDERING/ TERRORISM IF THE NEEDED DOCUMENTS ARE NOT OBTAINED WITHIN 48 HOURS, WE WILL ALSO CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND JAIL YOU, AND ALL YOUR PROPERTIES WILL BE CONFISCATED BY THE FBI IF FOUND GUILTY AS CHARGED. NOTE: THE SAID AMOUNT OF $10.500, 000.00 WILL BE RELEASED INTO ANY ACCOUNT OF YOUR CHOICE UPON THE CONFIRMATION OF THE NEEDED DOCUMENTS FROM YOU.

GET BACK TO US IMMEDIATELY FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OBTAIN THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS WITHIN 48 HOURS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

SPECIAL AGENT TERRY WILLIAMS,
ON BEHALF OF THE FBI DIRECTOR
MR. ROBERT S. MUELLER.

Snowybunny12
04-23-2012, 04:36 AM
I think we should give them a lesson on writing to the correct audience...

The below letter would be charming- if I wasn't female :D

REAL Doctors, REAL Science, REAL Results!

Dr. MaxMan was created by George Acuilar, M.D, a Board Certified Urologist who has treated over 70,000 patients with erectile problems. He is a member of both the College of Urology and the Society of Urology, and the director of 46 Urologists. He is also the past president of his state society of Urologists.

After over seven years of research and testing in the area of erectile dysfunction, Dr Acuilar and his team came up with the breakthrough herbal formula that is now known as Dr MaxMan : a 100% natural, powerful male enhancement formula.

Not only do men report AMAZING increases in penis length, width and stamina, but they are also equally delighted by the sheer intensity and concentrated power of their orgasms!

Silver King
04-23-2012, 06:02 AM
I think we should give them a lesson on writing to the correct audience...

The below letter would be charming- if I wasn't female :D

...Not only do men report AMAZING increases in penis length, width and stamina, but they are also equally delighted by the sheer intensity and concentrated power of their orgasms! Boy, could I ever use some of of that medicine, in particular the "length, width and stamina" parts!

euclid
05-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is David Beames; I work with the MGL probate broker, a financial management consultant firm in England. Our brokerage aims to find the best deal for families who need to arrange processing of WILL and we work in conjunction with the police Missing Persons Bureau in forty-six countries.

We are conducting a standard process investigation involving HSBC client who name you a contingent beneficiary.

The essence of this communication with you is to request that you provide us information on two issues:

1-Are you aware of any relative/relation/ friend having the same surname that lives in Australia? ------------------------ (Yes or No)

2-Are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by such a person at the HSBC Bank? ------------------------- (Yes or No)

It is pertinent that you inform us ASAP whether or not you are familiar with this personality that we may put an end to this investigation with you and our inquiries surrounding this personality.

You must appreciate that we are constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point. PLEASE RESPOND BACK TO MY PRIVATE AND DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS;D.BEAMES@AOL.COM (d.beames@aol.com)to afford us the opportunity to close this investigation.

Thank you for accommodating our enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

David Beames
MGL probate broker

benbradley
06-21-2012, 02:51 AM
This article is only partly about Nigerian scam spams, but the conclusion is fascinating:

https://research.microsoft.com/pubs/167719/WhyFromNigeria.pdf

euclid
07-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Mrs. SOFIA BROWN
U.N INSPECTION UNIT
Newark liberty international airport
mrs.sofiauninspectorofficer@yahoo.cn
Hi,
I am Mrs. SOFIA BROWN NEW Director Inspection Unit of United Nations Inspection Agent in Newark liberty international airport. During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from United Kingdom under ship forwarder was transferred from Atlanta and JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Newark liberty international airport, in New Jersey and when scanned the boxes revealed an undisclosed sum of America dollars in a Metal Trunk Box weighting approximately 110kg each.
The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent also the Diplomat inability to pay for the charges like clearance fee with other charges.
On my assumption, each of the boxes will contain more than $4Million to $4.5Million each and the two consignments is still left in storage house till today through a registered shipping Company, Courier Dispatch Service Limited a division of Tran guard LTD with other once.
The Consignments are in two metal boxes with weight of about 110kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm). Effective capacity: 680 L.)Approximately,
The details of the consignment including your name the official document from custom office in London are tagged on the Metal Trunk box as abandon funds from next of kin and lottery funds ETC.
What you need to do now is to provide me your correct cell Phone Number and full address, to cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official document including the name of your nearest Airport because I believe the money I have with me can take the charges to deliver this two boxes worth of $8million direct to you so that I will get my own share as well,
Around you because other details is with the authorities. You can send the required details to me for onward delivery.
All communication must be held extremely confidential. I can get everything concluded within 2-3 days upon your acceptance I will precede to your address for delivery as soon as I hear from you, but my joy in this transaction is I will use my own money to follow it up else,
But before I start I must get assurance from you concerning my 60% before I will proceed to bring good life to our family with these two boxes worth of $8million and as a woman who have fear of GOD I will not want you to cheat me out of my share please because I will not cheat you.
I want us to transact this business very well and share the money without being greedy please, since the shipper has abandoned the money here and ran away. I will pay for the Non inspection with clearance fee and arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this Airport direct to your house address, once we are through I will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company geared to provide the security it needs to your doorstep. Or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble as united nation inspection officer.
But I will share it 40% for you while 60% for me and you have to assure me for 60% of the total sum of $8million will be my own with your GODLY mind.
Below is my direct Email address, waiting to hear from you with your good mind, I am sending this message to you again and again for you to see that this transaction is already over to share this fund together once you agree with me as one family.
mrs.sofiauninspectorofficer@yahoo.cn
Remain bless as we work together to finish as one body may GOD bless you.

Mrs. SOFIA BROWN
UN DIRECTOR OF INSPECTION

euclid
07-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Read that article, Ben, couldn't understand a word! (and I have a degree in mathematics)

Mr Flibble
07-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Apparently if I do not look at the attachment, the FBI are going to arrest me

Spamfail. Because I actually thought 'cool, I've always wanted to be arrested!'. But sadly, no FBI jurisdiction here. :(

benbradley
07-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Read that article, Ben, couldn't understand a word! (and I have a degree in mathematics)
Long story short, the more people, especially knowledegable people, who respond to these scams, the more trouble it is for the scammers to find the few people they can really scam. If they say they're from Nigeria, only the most ignorant and unknowledgable people (those who have never heard of these Nigerian scams) will respond, and they're the ones who are most easily scammed. It's a win for the scammer.

euclid
07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Dear Beneficiary,
I have specifically chosen you for a new job; meanwhile it does not
stop you from carrying out your current job at the mean time. With this new
job, you can become; millionaires, an enterpreneune, own a company and employ
people to work for you.

THE APPOINTED TIME HAS COME, TO MAKE YOU THE BENEFICIARY OF MY $18M, WHICH YOU
WILL HELP ME, DISTRIBUTE TO CHARITY ORGANIZATIONS. PLEASE DO NOT DELAY IN
HELPING ME BECAUSE, THE OPPORTUNITY I?M OFFERING YOU IS A GREAT ONE, IF YOU
MISS THE CHANCE IT MIGHT NOT COME AGAIN. I'M READY TO SIGN DOCUMENTS,
GUARANTEE
YOUR LIFE INSURANCE, AND A GUARANTEE SUM OF $3M IMMEDIATELY YOU AGREE TO HELP
ME CARRY OUT MY LAST WILL.

I am undergoing medical treatment in Dubai. It has defiled all forms of
medicine, I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul, and i have
decided to give alms to charity organizations, as i want this to be one of the
last good deeds i do on earth. For this reasons i am seeking for your urgent
assistance, and It is important you reply to the message immediately.

From
Saeed Ahmed

----------------------------------------------------------------
FME Webmail
www.educacao.niteroi.rj.gov.br (http://www.educacao.niteroi.rj.gov.br/)

euclid
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I also got one from a UK couple (photo included) who won GBP 161 million on the lottery. They said Google had given them my address and they were about to start giving money to charities. They wanted to give me 1.5m to get them started. Couldn't get access to the web that day and deleted it.

euclid
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Apparently if I do not look at the attachment, the FBI are going to arrest me

Spamfail. Because I actually thought 'cool, I've always wanted to be arrested!'. But sadly, no FBI jurisdiction here. :(

Better keep your doors and windows locked, Julia, just in case. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

euclid
07-24-2012, 03:06 AM
[I've received about 8 this week. Must be high-season for scams]

Approved Payment Value: $5,500,000.00 dollars
Authourized Paying Bank: Citibank, N.A
Transaction Reference Code: CITI/KTT/27890/0000/0012
Valid Date: 23/07/2012

Dear Sir,

With reference to your pending fund transfer. I write to officially introduce myself once again as Dr.Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. I am currently the Honorable Minister of Finance for the Federal Republic of Nigeria, My identity and personality is verifiable and my name is contained in the Nigeria Government database as the Honourable Minister of Finance Please view this: http://www.fmf.gov.ng/the-ministry/management-team/honourable-minister.html (http://www.fmf.gov.ng/the-ministry/management-team/honourable-minister.html).

Apparently, I understood your willingness to receive your fund but your extreme skepticism about the entire transaction due to your past experience. However, your extreme skepticism about the entire transaction will surely ruin the progress already achieved on this transaction up till date and that is why you have fail to accept the truth even when it was crystal clear that I am saying the truth. However, Today, Thursday 19th July, 2012 is the last day I will ever communicate with you regarding your inheritance payment of $5,500.000.00 US dollars. Now, tell me frankly if you have secured the $150 dollars as you have promised because at the recently-concluded meeting we had with some dignitaries from the Senate National Assembly this morning, it was agreed upon that your fund transfer processing should be suspended automatically should you fail to send the $150 dollars which is absolutely FINAL FEE at this process.

Therefore, I wish to declare and state to you emphatically that the transfer of this inheritance fund does not require any additional fee to be paid aside from the $150 dollar fee, which is being required for issuance of the "Wire Transfer Deposit Fee". Hence, I want you to mark my words that I will not for any reason communicate with you again, if I do not receive a favourable response from you today, confirming your readiness to send the $150 dollars today. However, I quite understand that you are extremely depressed and have no one to help. Nevertheless, you should not give up hope about your life, because I know for sure that the $150 dollars is the only obstacle standing in your way from getting the $5.5 million dollars. The information required to send the $150 dollars is hereunder stated below:

PAY THROUGH:
Funds Receiving Officer: AZUBUIKE NWOSU; Destination: No: 1 TOYIN STREET IKEJA LAGOS - NIGERIA.; Test Question: Color. Answer: Blue. Amount: $150 dollars.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Yours truly,

Dr.Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Honourable Minister of Finance
Federal Republic of Nigeria

euclid
08-01-2012, 03:16 AM
At this stage I'm being inundated by scam emails. I blogged about it (see my blog link below).
-------------------
Here's the best of them:

FROM MR. IBRAHIM LAMORDE(CHAIRMAN)
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION NIGERIA
INVESTIGATION BUREAU 14A AWOLOWO LANE,
IKOYI LAGOS NIGERIA.
(BE CAREFUL OF THE HOODLUMS / SCAMMERS)
Motto: No Body is Above the LAW

Attn :

BE CAREFUL OF THE HUDLOOM

Firstly we introduce this commission, Economic & Financial Crimes
Commission (EFCC) we fight cyber crime, Internet fraud, scam and money
laundering in Africa and London United Kingdom Our commission has been in
existences since 2004 and our duty is to stop internet fraud. We have over
7,500 internet scammers in our jails around Africa and UK and we are still
looking for these internet fraudsters and we are aware that a lot of
foreigners have been deceived and a huge amount of money has also been
lost to this fraudsters after promising you percentages in their letters
for you to help them move funds and they will end up demanding for money
from you and in return you will get nothing.

The Leaders of the African Crime fighters has come together to inform the
world what is going on now and we have recovered over $422 Million Dollars
(Four Hundred and Twenty two Million Dollars) from the people we have
apprehended. The reason we are writing you this letter is because your
name was given to us by one of the fraudsters in our detention room after
serious investigation and our aim is to refund all lost fund to its
legitimate owner. The Government has approved a total of (US$10.2Million)
only as the compensation of the lost that you incurred as this was a
ceiling rate as some suffered more while others suffered less too and the
idea is to restore you back to the position that you would have been if
not that you are defrauded.

In addition to the compensation amount also approved in your favor is
(US$10.2Million) only will be paid to you in the next few days as the
International conformable Draft has been issued in your favor? We are
doing this in other to retain the good image of this great country.
President Good luck Ebele Jonathan has instructed the payment of
(US$10.2Million) each to 200 victims both in America Asia & Europe Etc.
Due to the arrangements made for this compensation, All that you are
required to do is to contact the undersigned furnish him with the
following data of yours immediately as we intend finalizing this payment
in few days time.

Forward your name & Mailing address (Not P.o Box Please) to Director of
Investigation Mr Mascott Daniel Joseph through
email:(efccin@e-mail.ua (efccin@e-mail.ua))

Yours Sincerely
Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde

(Chairman)
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

euclid
08-14-2015, 03:31 AM
I finally abandoned that email address. I saved 1,000 of the more interesting/fun scam messages.

Dennis E. Taylor
08-14-2015, 04:09 AM
No, no, we're not the Nigerian scammers. We've jailed the Nigerian scammers. Now we want to send you millions of dollars, just 'coz we like you. Honest.

Gotta admire the Chutzpah.

Robert Dawson
08-14-2015, 04:43 AM
This all reminds me of my first pro sale. (http://aescifi.ca/index.php/fiction/35-short-stories/1199-the-widow) Enjoy!

WriterDude
08-14-2015, 09:51 AM
I do enjoy reading the sob stories of those who lose substantial sums of money to the scammers. It's just the universe correcting a boob, no one stupid enough lose that much money should have that much money. It's just natural way of things.