The Case For Total Recall - A Writers' Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiaga

Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Hey have you noticed they are making the box for Kelloggs Corn Flakes smaller?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm not mad as hell. I think Bush is doing a spectacular job, consider everything he's been hit with since 911.

The majority of We, the people of the United States, have what we want. The Republican party is doing very well, thank you, and so is the country.

And don't believe what you see about Bush's numbers. You have to look at the question that's asked. When asked if they would vote for him again, the majority still says yes, and for very good reason.

A recall election is a foolish idea. There isn't anywhere near enough votes to get it done, but it would have to make the Democrats look very foolish.

Now is a better time to shut the hell up and help with the real problems, not start wacko ideas going around like recall elections. That's what you can do for your country. Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, get involved with the real problems, not with the politicians.

Valona

Registered
Reaction score
Two thumbs up, James A. You're absolutely right!:Clap:

But when did this become a political forum?

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
The american people will always have what they want as long as there is enough gas and nobody stops them flying flags.

Maybe America is content with Bush - maybe not. To most of the rest of the world, he's a scary buffoon, and he won the last election not because he's great president material, but because Kerry turned out to be a buffoon also.

To start bleating now that you don't like the guy you voted for is pretty stupid. We just have to content ourselves with the fact that in less than 4 years he'll be gone forever. Let's just hope he doesn't declare war on too many other people in the meantime. There's enough British and American boys come home in bags already, based on a lie, and enough innocent Iraqis dead.

I agree with James on one point - stop whining and deal with the problems. Hopefully enough of you will percieve Republicans and a punitive foreign policy as the problem, and start working towards the next election rather than bleating about the last one.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Jamesaritchie said:
And don't believe what you see about Bush's numbers. You have to look at the question that's asked. When asked if they would vote for him again, the majority still says yes, and for very good reason.

Actually according to a few polls, the majority won't vote for him again (only 39% said they would). Of course, we can't trust the polls... ;)

I think whether you think Bush is doing a good job depends on your situation and your political affiliations. All my Republican friends who have jobs and money in the bank think he's great. Many of my liberal friends who work for non-profits think Bush sucks. Then there's that WAR thing...

I, too, agree with James, though, that instead of focusing on whether we should impeach Bush or whatever, focus on the current problems and how we could fix it -- war on Iraq, environmental issues, gas prices, education, etc. etc. I think the problem with BOTH the Republicans and Democrats is that they have forgotten what this is about. They're so power hungry and they care about being the "majority" more than doing what is right. That makes the Republicans look arrogant and power-hungry, and the Democrats weak and self-absorbed.

p.s. I agree... why is this thread here?

Valona

Registered
Reaction score
I really did not want to comment further on this subject, as this is supposed to be a writing forum, not a political forum. However, Mike made a comment that I just can’t let go without comment.

He said, “There's enough British and American boys come home in bags already, based on a lie” I’m assuming by “lie” he means we went to war based on our worry that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, and we didn’t find any.

If you believe President Bush lied to us about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction, are you willing to admit that President Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, and oh yes, Queen Hillary, all lied too? They all said the same thing at one time or another, some during Clinton’s administration, some during Bush’s.

Regardless, I really don’t think you could call it a lie. It seems pretty much everyone, liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, held the same belief. The only difference is that President Bush had the guts to do something about it, whereas Slick Willey didn’t.

So what happened to all those weapons of mass destruction? When we went into Iraq, the news media would have us believe none were found. This isn’t exactly true. Our troops did find the makings of these weapons, weapons research labs, and small stashes of weapons here and there. The news media just chose not to report those small facts.

Also, there was quite a long interval of time between Bush’s first threatening to Hussein and when he authorized the actual bombing and invasion. During that time, satellite imagery showed large truck caravans heading from Baghdad to Syria. During the intervening months, thousands of truckloads of something, was being shipped to Syria. Could that have been the weapons that the media thinks didn’t exist?

I really think before the liberals and Democrats start charging Bush with lying, they take a long look at themselves. To believe in most of the rhetoric the left publishes, one must be willing to accept numerous lies and half-truths. What I’ve outlined above is only a small example of that.

Now, lets let this string die, get deleted, or whatever, so we can focus on our writing. This really is not the place for this kind of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.