Got the book! And let's all worship Dawno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
OK, a few more newses:

The nice FedEx man just delivered my proof copy of Stories of Strength. :) If you're wondering... it looks GORGEOUS! WOW! Full of gorgeosity!

I already know there are some minor formatting problems-- some of the italics didn't hold up, some of the web addresses are accidentally underlined, etc. So today my job is to go through the whole book again and submit a list of corrections that need to be made before the book is officially published.

I asked if people are allowed to start pre-ordering now, but Lulu's not set up for that. So they made the order link private (took it off the search engine) for now, until those final corrections are made. I'm not sure what happens to those who ordered already: you may get the uncorrected version. It's worth sending customer service an e-mail to ask.

In other news,

Thank you, Dawno!

Dawno just made a major contribution to help us with review copies. We now have a budget of $500, so as soon as the book is finalized, we have the funding to send lots of copies to the media. Hooray!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dawno and our two anonymous benefactors... your support means the world to us, and is going to help so much. :kiss:

More news as soon as I'm able. I know I have a few e-mails still to answer, too-- I hope to catch up tonight.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Way to go, Jenna.

Given the reports I've been getting from my parents who are living amidst the destruction of Wilma, I'm really humbled - and angered - by the discrepancy between the needs created by the devastation and the provision of assistance, which, I'm hearing firsthand out of South Florida via my mom, has been wretched. No distribution of water or ice, hundreds and hundreds of people in lines for hours and hours, police and fire departments being told that it will be two to four weeks before they get any power. And so on.

Let's get this book going! I almost wish we had our own 501c3 to collect AND distribute the proceeds. According to my mom, no one agency is succeeding yet in getting aid to people.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Goodness!!!! Lots of great news all at once! I don't know whether to jump up and down or shake my booty. I'm too uncoordinated to do both.

I suppose I'll settle for this: :Jump: :snoopy: :Cheers:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Jenna. And WOW for the donations for media copies! Thank you Dawno and A. Nonymous X2!

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
That is wonderful news, Jenna! Thank you so much for the update!

And Dawno and the Terrific Two, thank you all for your gift to this project. It is surreal to have a group so spread out yet so close and comforting. I feel so fortunate to enjoy the pleasure of your kindness.

In regards to my book order, I received a notice from Lulu that my three copies were send on Tuesday and I already have a fedex package awaiting me when I get home. I can't imagine that it's the books b/c of the time-consuming process of crossing the border. But the unexpected package has come from Westchester, NY and I think Lulu is from the NY area....? Everything is so confusing.

Anyway, I'll contact lulu to find out what's up with what I got. If it's just some italics and some underlines, I can live with it. Maybe some day they'll be worth money! ;) I'm being facetitious b/c I know that they are already worth money...money for the victims of such a horrible hurricane season.

Kim

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Kim Gogo said:
If it's just some italics and some underlines, I can live with it.

I just finished reading the book, and yes, the errors are all really minor. Just formatting stuff-- and you probably wouldn't notice most of it unless you were purposely looking for it. So it's not tragic if you got the uncorrected version.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I love good news. And LuLu just keeps making it better. Much props to you anonymous folks and Dawno for building the budget for review copies.
Loves and Hugs...:Hug2::kiss:

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Yippee! Thank you, dear Dawno and anonymous folks!

I'm so excited about the book, and being part of it. Especially when considering the following:

My father and sister both live in Key West, and things are pretty terrible. I was really mad that they did not evacuate, and so relieved that they are okay. The post office opened yesterday for a couple of hours. My sister is a waitress and also works at a guest house. She hasn't worked in six days. There are no tourists, of course. And most restaurants are out of food. A few are selling it really cheaply to the locals. Stores have no food. There is running water, but they are advised to boil it. It sounds awful.

I am sending each of them a big care package today. BIG!

And so glad that I had a part in SOS to help people who are hit hard by disasters like this.

Thank you Jenna, for the idea, and thank you everyone for your contributions. What an amazing group of people!

Lisa

Last edited:

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Wow, Dawno, you're too cool
EmoteKiss.gif
as well as anonymous person. I think my faith is being restored as well.

Makes me think, Jenna, that this project was meant to be. You're listed in the Book of Earthly Angels; I just checked.
emoticonheart.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.