PDA

View Full Version : Any Easter Plans?

rhymegirl
04-24-2011, 02:56 AM
The lovely "spring" weather here is awful right now. It's been raining all day!! Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy. We'll be lucky if it gets into the sixties.

I want to wear my nice dress!!

So how is it where you live and do you have special plans for Easter?

Adam
04-24-2011, 03:01 AM
S'cold but purty over 'ere in Canada. :)

I plan to spend the holiday chilling with my sweetie and playing with Charlie the cat.

Cliff Face
04-24-2011, 03:45 AM
It's been kind of warm here, though with a nice cool wind.

My Easter plans consisted of going out to dinner last night for mum's birthday. The rest of my Easter plans are to just write as much as I can force myself to write. :)

Victoria
04-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Supervise the kids' egg hunt (to make sure they get 'em all,) and then back to bed for as long as I want. Oh, my husband and I have to build a new bathroom cabinet. I'm so tired of toiletting in the kitchen.

BeatrixKiddo
04-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Nothin' really. Not much of an Easter person...I just dig those Cadbury eggs.

Wicked
04-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Making a point not to step on any Easter eggs.

Especially this year. Some of them have spines. (the sharp pointy kind, not the hold your back straight kind)

Duchessmary
04-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Serving a VERY informal brunch with MIL and her sister in attendance. Hubby got a bottle of Dom Pergimon (SP) champagne from 1983. :D

pandora1983
04-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Have the day to myself..sister and family are rockin the church circuit, so Im hoping I can just write..and write...and write

jennontheisland
04-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Since this weekend is all about a dead guy coming back to life....

I'm having my own personal Zombie Movie Festival!!

So far I've watched Dance of the Dead, Dead Alive, and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead will be the grande finale tomorrow night.

backslashbaby
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
We're skipping church because of tight schedules (not mine), but we're still going to wander the graveyard. I was able to cut enough flowers for Easter bouquets from my yard this year. Everything is so beautiful this spring :)

I also ate 3 hot cross buns today :D :D

Eudoxia
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
The thing I find funny about Easter is that on one of my channels there's always a zombie movie marathon going on. As I do love my zombie films, I think I'll be staying home while eating ribs and potato salad as I watch those flesh-eating creatures feasting on their own dinner.

writerterri
04-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Since I just spent 6 days in the hospital and my lungs aren't on the rebound yet we'll be going to the Home Town Buffet, reading the story of Easter from the Bible, dying spring eggs hiding them and then settle in for The Passion Of The Christ movie.

Happy Easter to you and yours!!!

Cliff Face
04-24-2011, 01:14 PM
My current Easter plan is to hope like hell that the small supermarket is open tomorrow so I can buy some groceries. We didn't really get a chance to do grocery shopping on Saturday because of being busy, and since Friday, Saturday is the only day things are open until Wednesday.

Friday through Monday is Easter (though Saturday is regular trading) and then Tuesday is ANZAC day, a holiday to remember Australia's dead of the war. So Wednesday...

So basically if this small supermarket isn't open (mum thinks it will be open) I'm either going to have very little food till Wednesday, or I'll be breaking into the supermarket and leaving money for groceries as well as for a broken window, and then running like hell to escape the cops.

So I'll have no food until Wednesday, basically.

*hopes the supermarket is open tomorrow*

rhymegirl
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I am going to my sister's house for Easter dinner this afternoon. The sun has finally come out and it's in the sixties out there. Yay, I can wear my new dress!

I wrote 2 Easter-related articles for the publication that employs me. I am so thankful to have this job.

Williebee
04-24-2011, 07:00 PM
It has rained for three day and three nights. It is finally time. Today, at precisely noon, I shall launch my army of robotic rubber ducks. It is time to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Bwaahhhaaaaahaaaaaaa