Looking for an author of gay historicals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
Several years ago, my best friend introduced me to Chris Hunt, the author of several gay historicals published in the 1980s. I was put off by the cover, but I was so wrong--"Street Lavender" not only turned out to be a beautiful book, but it actually changed me as a person. That doesn't often happen to me from merely reading a book (I guess I'm too stubborn).

More than anything, I'd like to find other things he's written since--I have a hard time believing someone that talented just stopped writing entirely. If he's dead, I'd at least like to know. The publisher for the titles I know of is out of business (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Men's_Press), and if Chris Hunt isn't a pseudonym, it's certainly difficult to track him.

I thought I'd asked on here before, but a search of the site doesn't turn up his name or the name of the book, so I figured I'd try. If anyone has any information on what happened to this author and whether or not it's possible to buy more of his work or send him fan letters, please let me know!

<3

Deleted member 42

Several years ago, my best friend introduced me to Chris Hunt, the author of several gay historicals published in the 1980s. I was put off by the cover, but I was so wrong--"Street Lavender" not only turned out to be a beautiful book, but it actually changed me as a person. That doesn't often happen to me from merely reading a book (I guess I'm too stubborn).

I'd write Lamda Literary, first.

In the meantime, I'll ask around.

Deleted member 42

You might be interested in the Library Thing page. Amazon lists a number of novels--Gaveston is one that was fairly successful.

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
I do have a comprehensive list! I got it from the Gay Men's Press website before it finally succumbed.* I even own a few--I've been buying them as I can.

The problem is, the ones I have are only things under this name. I'm hoping he's written something after I hit middle school, and I just don't know about it because he switched pseudonyms.

Thanks for the tip about Lamda--I wouldn't have thought of that, and it sounds like a good move.

<3

*[Edit: I just looked again on a whim, and apparently it's still up--I couldn't find it the last time I looked. If I can find out how to contact the former editor(s) maybe they can help, too. I will do that!]

Deleted member 42

The LOC site is down right now, but if you can find a listing for his books in the LOC catalog, it will list any known alternative names.

Also: check the copyright for the books you have; it may use an alternate name of the author's.

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
So smart! I have three. They're in boxes. ahaha! But I will check them nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.