PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a lookalike?

Vito
04-22-2011, 04:12 AM
I have a lookalike -- my cousin Bob. He's five years older than me and grew up approx. 20 miles from where I grew up. His mom was my dad's older sister.

Bob and I don't resemble our own brothers very much, but we could probably be mistaken for identical twins. Face, hair, height, build, mannerisms, pretty much everything.

It's like the theme song to that old TV sitcom that my sisters loved to watch, "The Patty Duke Show": "It will blow your mind, when cousins are two of a kind..."

Caitlin Black
04-22-2011, 04:20 AM
At a party, a high school kid told me I looked a lot like a girl in his class... He actually asked me if I had a younger sister who went to such-and-such a school.

*shrug* Other than that, I've never heard of having a look-alike. Except maybe my Uncle Robert. He died before I was born, but my grandparents always tell me I'm so much like him in appearance and mannerisms...

I wonder what Uncle Robert would think if he found out he apparently looked like an unnamed school girl. :)

COchick
04-22-2011, 04:24 AM
I've been told that my daughter looks just like me, but with different coloring.

Other than that...no, I don't think so.

rhymegirl
04-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Peter Rabbit, maybe?

Haggis
04-22-2011, 04:28 AM
http://www.cvfaf.org/files/LASSIE.jpg

Silver King
04-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Some years ago I heard of a film from a friend who claimed that one of the actors strongly resembled me. I didn't give it much thought until a couple of years later when my brother said the same thing. Curious, I rented the video and was truly blown away by the resemblance. Not only did he look like me, but the actor's voice and mannerisms were nearly identical to mine.

It was astonishing yet very creepy, and I stopped watching the film after only a few scenes.

And no, it wasn't Brad Pitt. I wish!

Haggis
04-22-2011, 04:32 AM
I know who it was, SK. I know.

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/photoshop/nemo_conceptoo/ps_nemo_33.jpg

Silver King
04-22-2011, 04:36 AM
I know who it was, SK. I know.

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/photoshop/nemo_conceptoo/ps_nemo_33.jpg
That's close, except with a little less orange and a little more Al Pacino. ;)

alleycat
04-22-2011, 04:39 AM
http://www.petinsurance.com/healthzone/pet-articles/pet-breeds/%7E/media/All%20PHZ%20Images/Article%20images/221russianbluecloseup.ashx

rhymegirl
04-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Some years ago I heard of a film from a friend who claimed that one of the actors strongly resembled me. I didn't give it much thought until a couple of years later when my brother said the same thing. Curious, I rented the video and was truly blown away by the resemblance. Not only did he look like me, but the actor's voice and mannerisms were nearly identical to mine.

It was astonishing yet very creepy, and I stopped watching the film after only a few scenes.

Was it Tom Skerritt?

triceretops
04-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Been a dead ringer for Barry Gibb all my younger life and I look exactly like him to this day. Got me in trouble at the Playboy club in Century City when I accepted a date from a bunny who that that I was he. She finally figured out that I had blue eyes, whereas Barry has brown. But that was at the end of the date, which was just fine with me.

Tri

Silver King
04-22-2011, 04:54 AM
Was it Tom Skerritt?
No, but the actor was equally as handsome. :D

I haven't run across the person in another film since, which is just as well. He's probably aged better than I have by now.

Devil Ledbetter
04-22-2011, 05:00 AM
No, but my sister and I sound exactly the same.

Victoria
04-22-2011, 05:03 AM
I've been told I look like Jenny Garth by more than one person. Of course, I've also been compared to Vicky Lawrence. I'm gonna go with Jenny.

Wayne K
04-22-2011, 05:16 AM
When I was young I looked like John Ritter. Once, on Broadway, after the shows let out, a bunch of tourists surrounded me and made me sign their Playbills.

When he died my first thought was "Those people think I'm dead"

Weird

Vito
04-22-2011, 05:18 AM
I've been told I look like Jenny Garth by more than one person. Of course, I've also been compared to Vicky Lawrence. I'm gonna go with Jenny.

Good thinkin', Jenny. Ooops, I mean Victoria! :e2smack:

rhymegirl
04-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Been a dead ringer for Barry Gibb all my younger life and I look exactly like him to this day. Got me in trouble at the Playboy club in Century City when I accepted a date from a bunny who that that I was he. She finally figured out that I had blue eyes, whereas Barry has brown. But that was at the end of the date, which was just fine with me.

Tri

Can you sing like him?

Jersey Chick
04-22-2011, 05:21 AM
I don't look like anyone in my family.

Someone once asked me if anyone had ever told me I looked like John Stamos.

John.

Stamos.

I don't know if I should have been insulted or if John Stamos should've been. (I'm thinking it's because this was back when Stamos was oh-so-pretty because no one has EVER confused me for a guy. EVER.:D)

Oh, and someone once told me I looked like Brooke Shields. At least he had the gender right. :D

Silver King
04-22-2011, 06:06 AM
I wasn't going to mention this earlier, but what the hell:

When I began watching the film I mentioned earlier, as soon as the actor whom I resemble appeared, my wife started laughing. She wasn't making fun of me or anything. She was genuinely surprised and started cracking up, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

I couldn't believe it either. As she laughed and laughed, I sat there dumbfounded and feeling sick to my stomach for some reason.

I switched off the VCR and said said something like, "Yeah, that guy sure looks like me all right."

It was unsettling and surreal.

The following day, before I returned the tape, my wife talked me into playing the opening scene for our two oldest children, who were five and three years old at the time.

As soon as my clone walked onto the set, both of them screamed, "Daddy!"

They appeared as surprised as I was at the resemblance.

backslashbaby
04-22-2011, 07:35 AM
My brother. The dean of my college was giving a lecture to a group of high school students and spotted my brother (whom she did not know). She said, "You have to be backslashbaby's brother" in front of everyone. Yep, we look that much alike :)

Except he tans crazy-dark and works on a river, so we are completely different colors. Oh, and I'm a girl ;) His hair is longer, though.

aadams73
04-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I look exactly like my clone.

It's uncanny, really...

Caitlin Black
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't really resemble my clone any more. That guy went to the gym for 6 months, so, yeah... I feel kind of bad now.

Like, what if I'm the wrong clone?

Weird.

Haggis
04-22-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't really resemble my clone any more. That guy went to the gym for 6 months, so, yeah... I feel kind of bad now.

Like, what if I'm the wrong clone?

Weird.
You mean you look like this guy? :Wha:

http://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/carrot-top-surgery.jpg

Vito
04-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Must be your evil twin, SK.

Vito
04-22-2011, 05:14 PM
His hair is longer, though.

:ROFL:

bluntforcetrauma
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM

Come on, SK. Don't be modest. It was john Holmes, wasn't it? :?D

People used to say I looked just like john boy. It thoroughly depressed me. Now I just look old. That thoroughly depresses me.

DeleyanLee
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Back when I was going to SF cons regularly, a woman rushed up to me and gave me a hug, demanding to know when I decided I could get to the con and why I didn't ask her for a ride. I'd never seen the woman before and told her so.

Seems she was from Little Rock, Ark (The con was in Detroit) and she pulled out a picture of herself and her best friend back home. We looked exactly alike, even down to the short length of hair. It was rather stunning.

Then there was the time I was browsing in an antique store and found a picture from the 1920's of a young woman about my age who, again, looked pretty much just like me (at the time). I bought the picture and still have it.

Apparently, I have a very common and timeless face.

Vito
04-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Then there was the time I was browsing in an antique store and found a picture from the 1920's of a young woman about my age who, again, looked pretty much just like me (at the time).

Sort of like the end of the movie "The Shining", when Jack Nicholson is in that old black-and-white photo from 1921. Very spooky! :chair

kayleamay
04-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Apparently, I look just like the niece of every person over eighty in my county. Or, so they tell me.

Caitlin Black
04-23-2011, 04:24 AM
You mean you look like this guy? :Wha:

http://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/carrot-top-surgery.jpg

Oh, the horror! Actually, my clone looks more like Arnold Schwarzenegger. ;)

Caitlin Black
04-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Apparently, I look just like the niece of every person over eighty in my county. Or, so they tell me.

That's your cue to say you are their niece and ask for money or hard candy! :D

Ari Meermans
04-23-2011, 05:48 AM
When I was a teenager, strangers would sometimes walk up and say, "Hi, Pam." I'd tell them I'm not Pam and they'd exclaim, "You look just like her." I always wanted to meet this Pam but never did.

After I moved away, off and on over the years people would tell me I looked like Cyndi Lauper "but without the hair". I always thought that was funny 'cause I HAVE hair. I didn't really see the resemblance myself but, now as we're both getting older, I'm starting to.

So, if you see someone who looks like Cyndi Lauper but isn't, chances are pretty fair it's either Pam or me.

jennontheisland
04-23-2011, 05:54 AM
When I worked at a small town Chinese restaurant, one of my regular families came back from vacation and told me they'd seen a model on a billboard in LA who looked exactly like me.

My sisters and I all look alike but not so much that we'd be mistaken for each other; it's just really apparent that we share a parent (one only, actually, all my dad's daughters).

writerterri
04-23-2011, 06:16 AM
I sort of look like Cookie Monster right now.

Vito
04-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I sort of look like Cookie Monster right now.

:yessmiley

DeleyanLee
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM
My best friend and I sound alike on the phone. To the point that neither of our mothers, ex-husbands or even our children can tell us apart.

Does that count?

RobJ
04-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Sounds like the plot from Jose Saramago's novel, The Double.

ConChron
04-23-2011, 11:56 PM
As a teen I had a double that got me into all kinds of trouble. We looked alike and lived in the same city but we never met. People would confuse the two of us all the time and she thought it was funny and pretended that she was me a couple of times.

Now that I'm older look like my mom. My mom was a teen when she had me and we are more like sisters. Now I have people coming up to me thinking I'm her. Not a bad thing since I find out things about her that I would never have known unless people told me.

stormie
04-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Nope, no look-alikes. No one could look as stormy as me.

KellyAssauer
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I haven't heard it in awhile, but sometimes an older person has said "You look just like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday."

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/%21Bv9W2%21wCWk%7E$%28KGrHqR,%21jgEv1+0CqBLBMGuzuQ guQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

I can't say that I see it.

BenPanced
04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I have two in Milwaukee, that I know of. And I've seen them both. One was an older "version" of myself and it was really eerie because he was dressed in a style similar to what I wore at the time. I saw the other guy in a publicity still for a band.

lastlittlebird
04-24-2011, 12:55 AM
My sister and I look quite a bit alike and were mistaken for each other all the time as youngsters... she runs Iron Man races now though (and I sit at the computer most of the day) so the resemblence isn't what it used to be.
Once I had someone tell me I looked just like Keisha Castle-Hughes (which was particularly odd, since he didn't have any idea I was a Kiwi, but I'm not Maori like she is).
I was chuffed :D

Silver King
04-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Sounds like the plot from Jose Saramago's novel, The Double.
He didn't get the idea for his book from me, as I've never heard of him before.

Now if you tell me that in the story, someone plays a few moments of the film for his two children, I'll be really freaked out.

JoNightshade
04-24-2011, 02:42 AM
My mother-in-law told me I look just like Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon.

Yeah. I'm a girl. Also, 30 years old.

Maybe it's the viking hat?

Chris P
04-24-2011, 02:52 AM
I just have a common face. No matter where I live, I get people coming up to me asking if I still work at the hardware store, if I'm still seeing so-and-so, etc.

I once saw someone in a crowd scene in a magazine ad that looked EXACTLY like me, even down the the shoes he was wearing. But he was on a carnival that I have never been on (and wouldn't go on, thankyouverymuch).

Silver King
04-24-2011, 05:56 AM
A few people have pestered me asked privately about the film I alluded to earlier in this thread. It's called Toy Soldiers.

The actor's name is Andrew Divoff. I didn't know that until I searched his character's role in the film. He has a number of other screen credits, none of which I'm familiar with.

I came across a collection of scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQbUXnhfiM&feature=related) on Youtube where he appears in Toy Soldiers. And it's just so very strange, seeing him again in that role after nearly twenty years. I could have stood in for him during filming, and no one would've known the difference except maybe the director and some of the actors.

Anyway, I got through about a third of the Youtube clip before stopping the action, which is more than I managed while viewing the original film.

BeatrixKiddo
04-24-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't know if this counts, but I have found that if I make a certain "face" while smiling, I can slightly resemble Tom Cruise.

I don't think that's a good thing, being a girl that can resemble Tom Cruise.
I've got a nose only a scientologist could love. :D

Lainey
04-24-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't seem to have a lookalike myself, but I saw a guy on the bus recently who freakishly resembled my dad.

Sarah Madara
04-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't have any celebrity lookalikes. Not even any slight resemblances. No one who even looks like they could be distantly related to me.

My mother used to tell me I could never be on television because my eyes were too close together. She had a cruel sense of honesty, but I think it's true...

A couple of times someone has told me that I look "just like" someone else... and when I meet that person, I'm always horrified. Horrified. So now, when someone says, "You know who you remind me of?" I say "No, and I don't want to. Ever. Thank you."

bettielee
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
oh man... I'd pity the foo'

JimmyB27
04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
My sister told me this very weekend about the new barman who's started at the pub she works at. Remember the scene in Friends where Joey finds his hand twin? Apparently this barman is my back twin. Looks exactly like me, but only from behind.
Also, my mum found out a few years ago after my grandad passed away that she has three half sisters. Apparently one of them has a kid that looks exactly like I did when I was his age.

I've also been told I look like Dolph Lundgren, but I don't see it myself.

Chicago Expat
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Cameron Frye.

backslashbaby
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
LOL at the hand twin. That was funny :D

Someone mentioned voices. My sister and I sound exactly alike, and my mom sounded enough like us, too, that nobody could tell us apart on the phone until we kept talking.

For famous people, I don't really look like any of them, but an AWer mentioned Amy Adams, and Dad and I saw her moving on TV and we actually do have a resemblance! If she ever played a campy enough role, I could totally go as her for Halloween :)

My brother mentioned Nicole Kidman in that sister witch movie, too (yay!). Out in public, I've gotten Julia Roberts and 'Rose' in Titanic, but that's just the hair, clearly.

I know a guy who looks just like Chris O'Donnell when he was very young. When I saw Fried Green Tomatoes, I could have sworn he sneaked off and made that movie.

Vito
04-27-2011, 03:06 AM
For famous people, I don't really look like any of them, but an AWer mentioned Amy Adams, and Dad and I saw her moving on TV and we actually do have a resemblance!

So I guess that means that your brother looks like Amy Adams but with longer hair, right? :ROFL:

;)

Caitlin Black
04-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Well, I have this casual acquaintance. Basically, we bump into each other once every month or so, always at the shopping centre, and we talk music, because he's in a band and wants me to play bass for them, but I don't play bass, etc. etc.

Anyway, I bumped into him again today, and he asked me if I was on the bus coming back from the city last week. I haven't been to the city in ages, so I said no. But I thought of this thread, because apparently I have a lookalike somewhere who was in the city last week.

:)

backslashbaby
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
So I guess that means that your brother looks like Amy Adams but with longer hair, right? :ROFL:

;)

:D :D Except he's darker, remember ;)

Actually, this is the face where we resemble her (probably not what you were thinking, lol):

http://abouthollywod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/hot_Amy_Adams_066.jpg

And that does look so much like him :ROFL:

Vito
04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
:D :D Except he's darker, remember ;)

Actually, this is the face where we resemble her (probably not what you were thinking, lol):

http://abouthollywod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/hot_Amy_Adams_066.jpg

And that does look so much like him :ROFL:

:roll:

whacko
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Looks exactly like me, but only from behind.

People always tap me on the shoulder, thinking I'm George Clooney.:D

Regards

Whacko

Lavern08
04-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Was in the checkout line at the grocery store last weekend, and the clerk looked just like Sylvester Stallone (at age 21).

It was so remarkable that the guy in front of me asked him if he was told that a lot.

The young man replied - in his best "Rocky" voice - "Yo, all the time!"

I cracked up, gave him a fist bump and said, "Bravo!" :)

Vandal
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Some twenty years ago I was told I had a passing resemblance to Lee Horsley of Matt Houston fame. My wife said I was ruggedly handsome.

Now I'm just rugged.