Do you have a lookalike?

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I have a lookalike -- my cousin Bob. He's five years older than me and grew up approx. 20 miles from where I grew up. His mom was my dad's older sister.

Bob and I don't resemble our own brothers very much, but we could probably be mistaken for identical twins. Face, hair, height, build, mannerisms, pretty much everything.

It's like the theme song to that old TV sitcom that my sisters loved to watch, "The Patty Duke Show": "It will blow your mind, when cousins are two of a kind..."

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
At a party, a high school kid told me I looked a lot like a girl in his class... He actually asked me if I had a younger sister who went to such-and-such a school.

*shrug* Other than that, I've never heard of having a look-alike. Except maybe my Uncle Robert. He died before I was born, but my grandparents always tell me I'm so much like him in appearance and mannerisms...

I wonder what Uncle Robert would think if he found out he apparently looked like an unnamed school girl. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
LASSIE.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Some years ago I heard of a film from a friend who claimed that one of the actors strongly resembled me. I didn't give it much thought until a couple of years later when my brother said the same thing. Curious, I rented the video and was truly blown away by the resemblance. Not only did he look like me, but the actor's voice and mannerisms were nearly identical to mine.

It was astonishing yet very creepy, and I stopped watching the film after only a few scenes.

And no, it wasn't Brad Pitt. I wish!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some years ago I heard of a film from a friend who claimed that one of the actors strongly resembled me. I didn't give it much thought until a couple of years later when my brother said the same thing. Curious, I rented the video and was truly blown away by the resemblance. Not only did he look like me, but the actor's voice and mannerisms were nearly identical to mine.

It was astonishing yet very creepy, and I stopped watching the film after only a few scenes.

And no, it wasn't Brad Pitt. I wish!

Was it Tom Skerritt?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Been a dead ringer for Barry Gibb all my younger life and I look exactly like him to this day. Got me in trouble at the Playboy club in Century City when I accepted a date from a bunny who that that I was he. She finally figured out that I had blue eyes, whereas Barry has brown. But that was at the end of the date, which was just fine with me.

Tri

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've been told I look like Jenny Garth by more than one person. Of course, I've also been compared to Vicky Lawrence. I'm gonna go with Jenny.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
When I was young I looked like John Ritter. Once, on Broadway, after the shows let out, a bunch of tourists surrounded me and made me sign their Playbills.

When he died my first thought was "Those people think I'm dead"

Weird

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I've been told I look like Jenny Garth by more than one person. Of course, I've also been compared to Vicky Lawrence. I'm gonna go with Jenny.

Good thinkin', Jenny. Ooops, I mean Victoria! :e2smack:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been a dead ringer for Barry Gibb all my younger life and I look exactly like him to this day. Got me in trouble at the Playboy club in Century City when I accepted a date from a bunny who that that I was he. She finally figured out that I had blue eyes, whereas Barry has brown. But that was at the end of the date, which was just fine with me.

Tri

Can you sing like him?

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I don't look like anyone in my family.

Someone once asked me if anyone had ever told me I looked like John Stamos.

John.

Stamos.

I don't know if I should have been insulted or if John Stamos should've been. (I'm thinking it's because this was back when Stamos was oh-so-pretty because no one has EVER confused me for a guy. EVER.:D)

Oh, and someone once told me I looked like Brooke Shields. At least he had the gender right. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't going to mention this earlier, but what the hell:

When I began watching the film I mentioned earlier, as soon as the actor whom I resemble appeared, my wife started laughing. She wasn't making fun of me or anything. She was genuinely surprised and started cracking up, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

I couldn't believe it either. As she laughed and laughed, I sat there dumbfounded and feeling sick to my stomach for some reason.

I switched off the VCR and said said something like, "Yeah, that guy sure looks like me all right."

It was unsettling and surreal.

The following day, before I returned the tape, my wife talked me into playing the opening scene for our two oldest children, who were five and three years old at the time.

As soon as my clone walked onto the set, both of them screamed, "Daddy!"

They appeared as surprised as I was at the resemblance.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
My brother. The dean of my college was giving a lecture to a group of high school students and spotted my brother (whom she did not know). She said, "You have to be backslashbaby's brother" in front of everyone. Yep, we look that much alike :)

Except he tans crazy-dark and works on a river, so we are completely different colors. Oh, and I'm a girl ;) His hair is longer, though.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I look exactly like my clone.

It's uncanny, really...

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score

Must be your evil twin, SK.