The week (weeks?) of purification

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Days 1 & 2

Ok, my Pagan pretties....This week I am cleansing the temple. I have been thinking about it for ages but haven't had the motivation. It's a large process, and it ain't always pretty. Since I have two weeks with nothing pressing on the schedule...I found the job and all that, and writing is coming along..I decided Monday morning that this is the week, and it may go on further. Hubby isn't home so there is no one to cook for for the next 2 weeks, either.

I wanted to have it documented, but I am also looking for advice on methods I may be overlooking. Now, I have to say that this does not include my dreaded cigarettes. I am not that strong at the moment, although I wish I was. Maybe soon.

I am on a completely liquid diet. I'm not starving, mind you. I am just not eating any solids at all. Alcohol is out of the picture, too. I'm getting plenty of nutrition, but I am also giving my *system* a break. Tomorrow I am going to try to remove caffeine. That won't be a pretty day, I am sure. Tonight I am having a head to toe salt scrub and a dead sea mud pack. That's always fun! :)

My yoga is back on track and I might add Pilates if I am strong enough. I'm still adjusting to the liquid diet and I did get a little weak in the shower this morning, but it was a really hot shower.

Meditation is going well. I found the "Tibetan meditation bells" music and that is wonderful. I just looped it so it would go on and on. Since it isn't a song, per-se, it isn't distracting when it goes back to the beginning of the track and starts over.

By the way...and this is odd...has anyone ever done something like this and found their belly flat overnight and their breasts fuller? I KNOW it sounds wierd. Really, I do. I am taking certain supplements that might be the cause of the breast thing, but I gotta say that I am a happy camper about that!! I passed the pencil test!!

Does anyone have anything to add? I know a lot of you guys are up on nutrition and all that. This cleansing of the temple is something I am excited to be doing. I do feel a lot clearer-headed already and although I don't have a lot of stamina, I am more energetic if that makes any sense.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
You are going to love this....not....enema. That or something like Magnesium citrate. Gotta clean those bowels girl. Make sure you open and check all your chakras too. They might need alittle fine tuning. Many muslims use all liquids PLUS any fruit as fruit is seen as cleansing particularly of the bowel. I'll ponder it more. There is another herb you are supposed to bathe in for cleansing both your outter and inner self, I can't remember it though. Let me check my book.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
~laughing~ check your email. I didn't post it here, but since YOU brought it up....I had a high colonic already. Yeah. That was REALLY fun. NOT.

Afterward it was a good thing.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Also. Take a white candle (annointed) hold it between your palms and see the white if it glowing out of the candle. Build the light that flows from the candle and see it flowing into you, wiping away all those nasty things that build up. Let the white light fill all your dark little cracks pour the light back into the candle then burn it down. So be it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
You rock, witchypoo! For real. I have a book you might be interested in. I don't have it handy (in a closet) but I think the title is Back to Eden, written by the Jethro Kloss. I think his name was Jethro...not sure. Lots of good info. Really old, but still in print. Some of the info is dated, but the family has kept up with it and added revisions while leaving their father's (grandfather's) original text. The Kloss family used to have a facility on their property for wellness in the early 1900's. It's an interesting read.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Day Three

Feelin Grooovvvyyy!!!!! I dunno how long I can keep up with all liquids, though. Gettin kinda lustful for some pasta!!!

SC, your chakra and white candle info - PERFECT! I got right into it last night. Everything is chuggin along. I did have to do coffee today, though. Maybe tomorrow?

I was motivated to go out to the Library today and came home with an armload of books. You know me lately. You know motivation is a hard thing to come by. I feel a lot clearer headed.

Let's see how far this thing will go!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Hot Rox - My addition to my plan

Well, I got a little lazy with my posts here. I finished the week and gave in to a burger at Hardees. YUK! Afterward, I wished I had just eaten a bowl of soup.

**note to self. When you have been living on a (mostly) pure diet, and consuming liquids, DON'T eat a greasy Dead Cow burger as your first meal afterward.

I dug out a bottle of supplements that hubby bought me (after I begged and pleaded) a while back. I didn't give them a fair shot, so I am going to try them again. Sure, my face doesn't show it, but I really have a belly pudge that I want to go away and we won't even discuss the hip/thigh/butt area. My size ten jeans are squealing in pain. Since I am not a delicate person in the first place (my biceps are bigger than a lot of guys' I know...they're almost twice the size of hubby's biceps!!), anything extra that I carry around with me is too much.

These supplements are called Hot Rox. Today, I had to force myself to not make coffee. (I am a weird person, in case anyone didn't know..I took the coffee pot off the coffee maker and placed the bottle of hot rox in its place as a reminder to not make coffee) I can't use Hot Rox and coffee together or I would be pinging off the walls. There's no ephedra in Rot Rox. There's caffeine, though, so I won't be getting a headache.

In case anyone is interested, here's what I notice right off the bat...an hour after taking Hot Rox:

The recommended dosage is two caps, twice per day. I took ONE cap when I got up. My head is really REALLY clear! I mean, it usually takes me 3-4 cups of coffee in the morning before I am this awake. I'm not jittery at all. Not even a little bit. By the time I have had enough coffee to wake me up this much, I am jittery and irritable from it. (no one around here has noticed THAT, I am sure!)

Honestly, even if Hot Rox didn't do anything besides make me more clear headed and motivated, it would be worth it to me.

Now, for the really interesting part. I am motivated to do something. Anything. EVERYTHING! I want to go pop in my pilates tape and do it. I want to clean the bathroom. I want to walk the doggie. I want to take a shower. I want to write afterward. My thought process for organizing my chapters is clearer than it has been in weeks.

Hot Rox is a thermogenic supplement. That means it makes me feel like it's about 100 degrees in this house. That's the only thing I have noticed that could even remotely be compared to a bad side effect.

I don't own a scale. I threw it out years ago. I have no idea what I weigh. I just go by how my clothes fit and how I feel, and like I said...my poor size tens are begging for mercy!

Soooo...let's go pop in that Pilates tape and get busy!!

Last edited:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
**sidenote

I just took Sinner for her walk. She was so irritated with me! We got about 1/2 mile down the street and she started s..l..o..w..i..n..g d..o..w..n. It was so funny. When we got back, she still had to do the stairs. She stopped halfway up and I swear she was telling me, "Pick me up, Momma...Carry me, pweez!?"

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
And I continue posting on my lonely little thread. *grin* Well into week two of bettering myself, I feel pretty darn good. I picked up a wellness book yesterday. it's one I owned years ago. Gonna give the methods a whirl again.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, Carole. You're not alone. I've been keeping up with reading how your purification process is going.

I used to fast quite regularly, but I haven't done it in about 5 years (ever since they told me I was anemic-blah). I'd really like to give it a shot again. I used to do 1-24 hour fast a month and a 3-day fast every 6 months. Only clear liquid, so you could have apple juice, but I hate that. So, I'd have pure white grape juice, only one glass a day. And gallons upon gallons of water. I remember the first time I did a 3 day fast, I was 15 and my dad made these crab stuffed mushroom caps for the day I was done. They were so good, but I got so sick because of the meat and butter. I later read that after a fast you should ease your body back in with only vegetables and brown rice for at least a day.

I seriously love fasting and the way it makes you feel. There were a few other things I'd do along with it. Hot Hot Showers twice a day, followed by a cold rinse, to cleanse your glands and skin of impurities. During the first hot shower, you scrub down with a loofah, making sure to hit the backs of your legs and under your arms (glands). I still do this at least once a week. It's excellent for your skin.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I seriously love fasting and the way it makes you feel. There were a few other things I'd do along with it. Hot Hot Showers twice a day, followed by a cold rinse, to cleanse your glands and skin of impurities. During the first hot shower, you scrub down with a loofah, making sure to hit the backs of your legs and under your arms (glands). I still do this at least once a week. It's excellent for your skin.
Weee-hoo :) I did the hot shower thing last week, too. I don't have a loofah, but I use the litle scrubby gloves. They're easier for me to deal with because I am a klutz. I actually do that every time I shower. (hubby still doesn't believe me when I tell him to do that when he has the flu. I swear it halps you get over it faster)

I have been piddling around with Pilates, but the book I picked up yesterday is called Callanetics. (Callan Pickney) It's very dated - written in 1984, I think - but it works like nothing I have ever tried. I did it years ago and it worked SO fast that I got lazy and quit. I became satisfied before I reached where I wanted to be. This is extremely deep tissue isometrics. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING gets pulled in and goes up and gets tight-tight-tight! Last time I did this, I dropped two dress sizes in a week & a half and didn't lose an ounce.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Last time I did this, I dropped two dress sizes in a week & a half and didn't lose an ounce.
OMG! Hook me up with that! Actually, I can't afford to lose weight. Being a college student, I can't buy a whole new wardrobe. I'm happy with where I am, but I'd love to tighten my stomach up like Gwen.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yer such a dork, SC! ~laughing~ I remember Ben & Jerry's....so sad..so sad....Chunky Monkey and I used to have a very passionate relationship.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. I'll have New York Super Fudge Chunk. Thanks.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
OMG! Hook me up with that! Actually, I can't afford to lose weight. Being a college student, I can't buy a whole new wardrobe. I'm happy with where I am, but I'd love to tighten my stomach up like Gwen.
Make a library run & pick the book. It's just called Callanetics. The photos inside really don't lie. I promise.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, SC..you'd be so proud of me! Last night I was craving chocolate. I wanted it soooooo bad. I even mixed up a little baker's cocoa with splenda and a little water just to taste chocolate for a second. It was nasty. One touch to my tongue and I said "blegh". So what did I do instead? I drank about a quart of water & went to bed. For the past two mornings I have crawled out of bed thinking about Honey Nut Cheerios and Honey Bunches of Oats. Hell, I nearly had an illicit affiar with a box of oatmeal in the middle of Kroger yesterday.

This morning I'm not craving any of it. Sure, I might be later, but I'm thinking I might be over the worst part of the carb hump. Dr. Atkins did say that it takes 2 days usually for the sugar stores in your body to be depleted and to start losing the cravings. I'm actually diggin the Splenda. I have never liked the taste of it, but I've been using it since Monday and I'm getting accustomed to it. It took a week or so to get used to Diet Pepsi when I switched.

I talked to mom about this yesterday, bless her heart. I can't convince her that she can't do Atkins AND low fat at the same time and expect it to work. She's still fixated on low fat everything. She doesn't believe me and thinks if everyone who did Atkins did it low fat, they'd lose twice as much weight. *sigh*

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
guess what, guys & dolls...My tight jeans aren't tight no mo! Woot! Know what else? I started Atkins at the WORST possible time imaginable. Aunt Flo just came to say hi. Imagine cutting out the carbs when you are craving them the most! I do have to say that I have not taken one single bite of anything I shouldn't. I hit ketosis a couple of days ago. Hubby tried his best to talk me into ordering pizza last night but I resisted.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
My clothes are getting tight. Simple as that. I've had that weight off for too long to let it start creeping back in a little at a time. I don't wanna wake up one day and look in the mirror and say Oh my GOD! I have a rather healthy butt. When it gets bigger, it and my thighs start to blend, if you know what I mean. I don't like it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, I never did actually get thin. I got normal, but I didn't get thin. Might be nice to be thin for once. *shrugs*

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Well good for you Carole. You've made it through today. I was proud of you as I read. Good self-control there. How did it go with the no-coffee thing? I can't imagine giving up coffee though I have in the past and didn't miss it after a couple of days. I just love it too much.
Your posts have been an encouragement to me. I'm glad you posted them. :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Know what? I didn't actually give up coffee after all. I used the Hot Roxx for the first few days and they really helped with my cravings. I can't have coffee and hot roxx together or I'd be blasted. Yesterday and today I had coffee again. Since I'm not craving the carbs, I'm ok with it. I just use splenda and ND creamer in it.

I'm happy to know this has been encouraging. It's SO hard. There's a sense of satisfaction that comes with being able to zip up an article of clothing you love and smiling at yourself in the mirror. It's so hard to get there, but once you do it's a happy place. I'm gonna be back there again if it kills me. Hopefully it won't ;)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Two Words:

Atkins ROCKS!

I had forgotten just how fast this program works. I'm a happy camper.